mood runners?

• is there anyone else who finds it hard to run if they're not in the mood for it? i go and after say 500 yards i'm just really tired and fed up and just give up hope lol i know it gets panned on here but i'm a big fan of ephadra type substances to help me get running
  • I'm not a runner, but I alternate walking and jogging. I absolutely cannot do it if I'm not listening to music. My batteries ran out once during a session, and I was about to cry by the end of it, I was so painfully bored (I'm a treadmiller, not a natureciser)! Wow, if I took a stimulant before I exercised, I think my heart would explode!
  • Each time I started working out, I took a stimulant for about the first 20-25 days to make sure I had enough energy to do it. I would take it first thing in the morning and then again around 5PM, so I would have enough energy to both workout in the morning and do the things I needed to do in the evening like help with homework, cook, laundry, etc. By the time I'm in good enough shape to run, I no longer need stimulants, but I do need music. I've been swiping my son's Ipod when I go to the track. Good thing we have the same taste in music.

Tiki
  • There's also always a point where you really feel you get tired. It usually is when you start running. Your chest tightens, your breathing becomes irregular etc and you feel it's too much. You could try starting out slower, so this point will not be so bad, and after a few minutes it goes away and your breathing evens out and you feel you get into the rythm (music helps, as Tiki says).
    Two diet cokes combined with 2 500 mg Paracetamol/coffeine 10-20 minutes before starting out are a good alternative to Ephedra as effective but fairly harmless stimulants, if you're starting out and need an extra push. For me, they work as well and better than Ephedra.

Greekgirl