Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-21-2005, 08:19 AM   #31  

And a nice weekend, wherever you are...
Greekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:14 AM   #32  
Student of the Hoof

Couch-to-5K Week 4 Day 1 today. And yes, it whipped my butt. Quads are still sore from Wednesday's LB. But I got it done!

This weekend is hoof trimming weekend. One of the reasons I'm back OP and into weights, as a matter of fact. I need to be strong to pursue my new chosen profession of being a farrier. I'm in school, and I've been doing my own horses and a few select friends' horses for about 9 months or so. I know if I'm going to be doing 10 horses a day (give or take a few), I will need to be in shape. So... now it's not just about looking and feeling better or being healthy, it's about my livelihood!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

That is pretty cool, Raven - working with what you love. Must be nice, I'm jealous.

I hope all went well with the big shots, Leike. That can be so nerve wracking.

I have spent the past two days off site with the big shots and it was interesting indeed. My biggest goal was to NOT lose it food wise. I did great the first morning, did great with lunch but gave into a cookie at break time. I passed up the fattier and cheesier two dinner entrees and had salmon instead (which I LOVE). I did eat the dessert though. It was such an odd creation, I knew that I'd never see it again and I really wanted to try it. However I didn't eat all of it! Day two of the meeting, I missed breakfast at home so I ate what they had, which was a egg wrap, so it wasn't as bad as all that high carb, high sugar crap they had the day before. For lunch I tried a japanese burger, sans buns and cheese. Supposedly they massage the cows and give them aromatherpay or something the woman was saying until its time to proces them into lunch and dinner. I don't quite understand the spa treatment for the cows except to drive up the price at the market. Go figure. I didn't get in ANY workouts Thursday or Friday - up till after 2AM both previous evenings and then back up by 6AM. So today, I get my cardio in and do shoulders and back. Tomorrow can ONLY be for legs. I learned my lesson there.

Have a great rest of the weekend everybody.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 06:38 PM   #34  

End of Week 2 for DCFit. We were supposed to do 5 miles today. After finishing at 1:20:17 I was a little disappointed in my time but pleased I finished. It turns out they has mis-measured the course and it was actually closer to 6 miles. Then I came home and ate, showered and took a yoga class. I am really tired this evening. I am not sure if it is the 2 mile increase from last week, my workouts during the week or the fact that I was out both Thurs night and Fri night and had a couple of glasses of wine each night All I know is it will be an early one for me tonight. On the other hand, I felt great during the run and after I finished. I am still amazed how much fun this running is. Next week my new buddies and I are going to try a 4:1 pace for the 1st 3 miles and a 3:1 for the last 3 if we feel we need to slow down.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 06:46 PM   #35  
Ilene the Bean

Ellen -- WOW I'm so proud of your running time... At least you're finishing and sticking with it...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 08:21 AM   #36  

Thanks Ilene. Your encouragement means a lot too me. I feel great this morning and am looking forward to a relaxing "off" day and even treating myself to that second cup of coffee. Boy, how I have changed ... Remember when Sundays meant waffles and bacon?
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote