Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-13-2005, 01:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

I just had to 2nd the SuperWalmart comment. I just moved close to one and I can't believe how much cheaper they are than the typical supermarket.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:06 PM   #17  
Working My Way Back Down

Wal-Mart is "looking into" building a Super Wal-Mart in our town. There is a lot of opposition from the local merchants and those folks who are opposed to Wal-Mart on the basis of their treatment of employees (let's not get into that - just stating why our town's controversy is going on). I'm torn. I know that personally it would be great for my budget, but we already have 2 grocery stores - a Safeway and a Fred Meyer (Oregon based chain) which would be hard hit by a Super Wal-Mart less than a mile away. We already have a "regular" Wal-Mart about 10 miles away in the next town. Groceries are far and away the largest item in our budget (we built our house over a number of years out-of-pocket, so we have no mortgage) and anything I can do to keep it down is good.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:18 PM   #18  
Mel

Just remember, whatever you spend on fresh, healthy food, it is WAY cheaper than buying junk food from restaurants or take-out!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:59 AM   #19  

I don't think I am spending more on food since I started dieting. That said, even if I were paying 3 - 4 times as much it would be worth it to me. I've only lost 18 pounds so far. I'm still morbidly obese. And even so, I can see the benefits to my body; I really do feel better.

People in America spend millions of dollars on iffy weight loss items and food. Why begrudge an extra dollar or two on something that actually is proven to work?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote