Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-14-2005, 04:47 AM   #46  

Hi all,

Sugarcube and Jessica: GET WELL SOON!! Don't overexert yourself, rest, take plenty of fluids and you will lick it in no time.

Quadira: bad luck about the injury, now you have to think to get around that one again.

Artmaker: thanks on your insight about the water retention thing, could be about the rest day. I'll watch that for some time.

My cold is already clearing up, thanks I think to the vitamin C and sweating 1 hour per day. Week is going OK so far. Foodwise it could have been better but today I put in my 1h of cardio again: 10 mins rowing, 30 mins bike, 30 mins jogging in place. And the scales moved down a bit today. I hope it's permanent... and that they will not creep up again.

Nelie: glad you are back. Pity about the freezing, but probabely your body willget used tothe new situation in some weeks. And by the way, as a warm-blooded human, this would mean that you use more energy to keep on temperature !

Have a good day everyone !!
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:15 AM   #47  

Default A-choo

Still feeling like crap, but definately on the up, my daughter told me this morning I didn't sound very good. Out of the mouths of babes.

ELLEN - Great news on the med reduction, it is very exciting I think. Not to brag but the cable provider I have now, has OnDemand, so I can always get a workout 24/7 starting when I want it.

QUARDIA - I like the looks of your exercise plan. I have been following BFL, when not sporting a head cold and like the focus on particular areas. I had been using the scattered approach which is really no plan at all. Scheduling remains one of my challanges.

JESSICA - I am one not to share my ailments, so I stay out of the gym for that reason as well as that I just don't have the energy. Though I may sneak into the sauna on Sunday. I am in my office right now with the door shut, though this Friday seems very quiet.

NELLIE - Laughing about the "freezing" experience, for me it was opposite, even 9 months pregnant I was cold in August. Some odd circulation thing going on. I second your idea on the additional protein while lifting and losing weight. While on NS myself, I chose to give up the weight lifting for a couple of months as I felt I was plateauing a lot. Keep track of your progress and hopefully this won't happen to you. As I say, I could survive in the desert on a snack bar for a couple of weeks.

SUSAN B - My next goal is to get to virgin pounds, I have to get down to 170 to be there but I know it is going to be so exciting. I must be over the edge from cold meds.

Food was good yesterday until DH forced ice cream on me, after all I am sick, at least he has gotten the portions under control. I have him using the smallest bowls we have.

MEL another CSI addict, what is it about that show I love so much?? Though the CSI NY isn't my favorite, must be something about Vegas, if I ever go there I will have such a warped sense of the place. The freezing desert at night, stuff like that.

RABBIT - You are inspiring me to hit the gym.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #48  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Not much to relate, today was a rest day. Got in an hour of cardio in all yesterday, between am and pm workouts, plus my upper body workout. This morning slept in as I was waiting for phone repair to come.

Love the expression "virgin pounds". I yearn for the day I can get to those. That would be a real accomplishment! This morning I tried on a pair of size 10 dress pants from the thrift store I bought for inspiration...I could get them on and button them! Of course, I couldn't sit down in them, but hey! a little each day....

Have a great weekend everyone!
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #49  

OMG - new abs exercises from trainer on Wed, yoga on Thurs (hurt all over, but especially abs), pilates today because trainer promised me he;d be there and he backed out BECAUSE IT WAS RAINING (oh yeah, he will pay for that a long time). My abs hurt so much I can't feel my cramps *whimper*. Friends coming to DC tomorrow from Las Vegas - want to site see - hope I can walk without crying. *whimper some more*

Have a great weekend! Hope everyone who is under gets well soon.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:28 AM   #50  
Warrior of Grace

Good Morning all! I have been taking it easy for the past few days and sure enough, my various ailments are much better. I realized I cannot treat my 47 year old body like a 20 year old body. Especially after having neglected it for so long. I'm really very fortunate it responds at all after years of abuse.

Thank you, body, for putting up with the way I've abused you over the years and I give you my solemn promise to never treat you that way again!

So, I got in my 30 minute cardio this morning and feel pretty great.

Off to make breakfast. Have great days!
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh you gals! I'm so hungry! I'm just ravenous!

I've been a good girl for two days. Cardio (at least 30 mins), weights (one good each upper and lower) and some abs each day. Apparently this is a shock to my system or something. I could eat everything in the house!

My only questionable choice so far has been a handful of flavoured peanuts but I'm up over 1100 cals already.

I do have a Dean Koontz book I could lock myself in the bedroom with that. I've never read him, does he talk about food?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:15 PM   #52  
Warrior of Grace

SusanB - I hope you're getting plenty of protein for those muscles you're building! And I love eating 5 or 6 times a day. I don't get hungry. 1100 calories a day is pretty low. It depends on how much you weigh and how active you are, but if you're really hungry, I think you might need more calories... ??

Dean Koontz is my very favorite author! I have every one of his books. Is it Odd Thomas? Great book! And very little food! Try Watchers or Lightening when you're done. My favorites.

Last edited by Qadira; 01-16-2005 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:21 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Qadira. It's 'From the Corner of his Eye' got it for Christmas.

Because I've been wittling away at my body fat percentage, I was trying to stick around 1400 calories, knowing that my usage is about 18 or 1900. But it's only 3 pm here! I've still got to get through supper and last until bedtime.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:22 PM   #54  

Qadira, I know what you mean - I'm only 28 (soon to be 29) and I can't even treat my body like I did when I was 20. Makes me realize I need to get healthy or I'm going to end up like my grandmother, with all replaced joints and she just found out she has a hairline fracture in her pelvis which will require several months of bedrest

Ah, virgin pounds, I think I'd have to lose about 20 more to get to that point... A girl can dream... I was down .6 at my WI today so I'll take that little bit

Because I have the day off tomorrow and won't be going to my Nia class near work, I signed up for a hand weights workshop at my new gym. Hopefully it'll be useful and not very "girlie weenie lift to tone"

Last edited by LKTS; 01-16-2005 at 03:25 PM.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #55  
Ilene the Bean

SusanB go have a LARGE bowl full of lettuce and veggie salad ... Get some more lean protein in tool... If you've been working out hard your body and muscles are burning the food as you consume it... or so it feels that way anyways...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote