Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-04-2005, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Lightbulb Wacky 2005

Okay, everyone usually makes very serious, very thoughtful resolutions that require soul searching, mental meditation, etc. For instance, I decided last year after much thought that I needed to stop cursing because I was such a bad influence on my kids. On December 31, 2004, my kids informed me that I only reduced my cursing by 10%, so basically that resolution didn't get resolved. (DA** country bama A** rotten driving M**F***ers ).

At any rate, I decided in addition to the more serious resolutions, I am going to make some fun ones - ones that I KNOW that I can accomplish and can enjoy. Feel free to add some wacky ones of your own.

10 - Take my kids to a hotel to go swimming in the winter
9 - Add a new pair of shoes to my wardrobe each month
8 - Take and actually print out pictures of my kids and put them around the house
7 - Get my tattoo
6 - Also get a belly ring
5 - Keep my toenails polished-even in the winter - so far so good, they're bright red right now
4 - Try meditating (stare at the candle and relax thing)
3 - Get up the nerve to get a facial and massage (even though I HATE people touching me) hopefully they serve liquor at the spa so I can be semi-drunk during the process
2 - Figure out how to meet my mother's boyfriend
1 - Try other wines other than Zinfadel (a co-worker commented that Zinfadel is the trailer park trash of wines so I want to see what else is out there)

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #2  

OK, Tiki, I'm in.

I'd like to buy and actually feel comfortable wearing a tank top this summer.

I will join you for the massage and I will even bring the wine!! I recommend moving to the reds and finding ones without much tannin - that is what makes them bitter. If you like White Zinfindel, try the red - big, bold and fruity. Oh, yyyeess!!!

I will try to find something to laugh about every day
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #3  
Mel

Oh definitely move on over to the big Red Zinfandels! I'll be joining you during that facial (and probably with the glass of wine )...my kids gave me a gift card for one for Christmas. My initial raction was a shudder and WHAT? They think I need a new face? But I'm working myself up to it. I loooove massages! I never thought I would until I had a theraputic one because my back and shoulders were so kinked up I could hardly move, but now I'm hooked!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #4  
Working My Way Back Down

Fun resolutions! You might move to a Merlot or Shiraz, too. And I got a GC for a massage for Christmas - never had one. I just need to find a good time to schedule it. And Tiki, you brought back some childhood memories for me. My grandparents would take me and my sister on trips, and our sole requirement for a motel was that it have a pool!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:31 AM   #5  

Hi Tiki!

I would recommend a white cabernet savignon. And please remember what the french have proved scientifically: 1 glass of whine a day seems to be enourmously healthy for your heart !.

Enjoy the facial,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:23 AM   #6  

Boy, how my hotel requirements have changed. I now need good sheets, soaking tub and room service, too

On the wine ideas - white cab, what a great idea. And when you first venture into reds, remember to let them breathe. This is a snobby way of saying open the bottle and let it sit for 10 minutes before you drink it. Last night I had a Yellowtail Shiraz from Australia - very inexpensive (I think I paid around $7) and excellent fruity taste that you expect from more expensive wines. These are many things I don't know a lot about, but I have tremendous *self taught* knowledge when it comes to wine. A friend of mine's borther is a wine expert and according to him the difference between a good wine and a bad wine is if you like it or not. So, relax, enjoy and experiment

I am all in for a massage but draw the line at a facial. I just have a "thing" about someone touching my face.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #7  
Lovin' Zumba!

So, do you drink the white cab cold or room temp? I'm finding whites to be too sweet for me (currently drink Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio), but can't get over drinking red room temp - I like my wine cold!

And now I think I'm going to schedule a massge for myself as well!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Here's mine Tiki...at least some of them

1. Reach my weight goal and get my tattoo...I've been promising myself one for 4 years on my shoulder...a inuit bear design...because I will be "barely" here.

2. Go on a sea kayaking trip

3. Learn what fun it is to be a grandma and be strong enough to lift that little pup easily (DD's due May 29th).

4. Start dating again.

That's enough for now.
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Thanks a bunch for the wine suggestions. My best friend and I are trying to figure out how to send her hubby out of town so all the girls can crash at her house, fool around with the new home spa kit I got and experiment with different wines. I'll be sure to pick up some of the ones y'all suggested.

I've moved up from Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill and Country Quencher but feel that perhaps, its time to change wines again.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote