Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-06-2004, 08:44 AM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL #180 Dec 6 - Dec 12

LEG DAY!!!!

Back later

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Chest and triceps day for me! And housework
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:44 AM   #3  
maintaining

S/C/G: 243/170/165

Height: 6'

Been lurking for weeks now – but yes, legday for me too!!
Just wanted to say ‘hi’ to everybody – and thank you all for being a constant source for inspiration and motivation. I’ll post proper posts again when my semester-from-**** is over next week!
mette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Happy new week all! Ilene, thanks for the suggestion about the cereal. Trouble with outmeal is I can eat it like a snack food...bowls worth, with nuts espec....I find it dangerous to have around. Only oatmeal I keep in the house is the steelcut kind, and I soak that overnight so that I can nuke it in the morning.

Didn't get to the gym this am, my trainer was sick so did a full body workout with free weights at home, then will see her Wed and Thurs and split up the upper/lower body over the two days. That's been my goal anyhow, but she wanted to get me started full body for the first few weeks to build up my capacity. She did show me a really cool machine last week...not sure what it's called but you do dips in four different positions on a platform, using your own body weight plus weights. It is very cool, and I felt a good overall upper body workout from it.

Also have upped my cardio...trying to aim for 45-60 minutes a day, six days a week. Hope I can hold to it...I think it helped me drop the pound from my excess eating last week.

Sat did my food shopping at a local Korean Market; they have a counter that sells prepared foods, and went to get some sushi. Ended up buying an octopus dish as well that was delicous. It was cold, prepared in some kind of vinegar marinade with garlic and unknown "stuff". I could eat it every day. Bet it would be good for losing weight. Really, what kind of calories could octopus have?

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Artmaker
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:58 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

LEGS here too... DONE

Now on to the meatballs...

Back later...TTFN...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:13 PM   #6  
Mel

Lotta sore legs around here tomorrow

Artmaker- The octopus sounds yummy! I don't think it could possibly have too many calories, but the sauce could if there's oil in there. I'm always a little leary of "unknown stuff" but it sounds delicious.

Hi Mette! Hope you come up for air soon. Where are you in school and what are you studying?

Hi Susan and Ilene!
Old 12-06-2004, 01:43 PM   #7  
Meg

Hi gang! I missed legs last week so plan to do them twice this week to catch up - tomorrow and Friday or Saturday. Just back from shoulders here to start off the week. One bummer - my iPod got stolen while I was at the gym , so I don't know how I'm going to manage cardio without music! Guess I'll have to ask Santa for a new iPod.

Best of luck on finishing the semester from ****, Mette!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:21 PM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

Finally recovered enough by Sat to make it to the gym for arms/shoulders and 30 minutes of cardio. Poor arms are still sore today. Tonight will be legs and more cardio - gotta combat two parties this past weekend.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:07 PM   #9  

Meg - boo on whoever stole your ipod! I love mine and couldn't live without it. On the plus side, you can probably get one with more memory now

I thought I'd join the gym this month but I think I'll stick w/ the at-home weights & stationary bike for now. Things are too crazy with finishing up my grad school work for the semester and keeping afloat @ work. I'm thinking of signing up for a directed fitness program at the local Y sponsored by the parks & rec dept.; I hate to be a typical January weight loss person, but I've been so inconsistent recently that I need a higher level of accountability.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:02 PM   #10  
Uber-Moderator!!

I want an iPod now...

Too bad it won't work with my ancient Dell at home - we're WAY overdue for a new one. I'd get Jim an iPod in a NY Minute otherwise!

What is it with you guys all starting the week with LEGS anyway?!?
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:13 PM   #11  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

i definatly want and ipod lol i got fed up with minidisks and cd's jumping when you try jogging
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Yes, there will be a lot of funny walking people tomorrow. I started off with chest, leg day isn't till Friday.

Meg, so sorry to hear about the thief. Sticky fingered people make me sick.

Funny gym story - while at Bally's yesterday I was working on the lat pull down machine and I noticed a guy out the corner of my eye heading toward the machine so I turned and looked at him. He stopped at the machine and waited till I finished the set and then he told me that I should NOT be looking around while lifting, that I could hurt my neck. I said okay, thanks. THEN he leans closer and whispers in my ear that he knew I was checking him out, watching his every move. I was speechless. I could not believe he said that to me and I sure as heck don't know why he thought I was watching his every move. What an idiot!

Oh yeah, I switched up the workout cause it was getting boring. Now I am back to lifting first, cardio last and doing more on the treadmill instead of on the track. This way, I can increase and decrease the speed and the inclines and race the clock. Had a good run this AM, the guy on the tread next to me kept laughing at me cause I was talking to myself, saying "Run thru it, bust thru it" on the steep incline pieces.

Tiki.

Last edited by tikanique; 12-06-2004 at 05:16 PM.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:23 PM   #13  
Lovin' Zumba!

Chest and shoulders day for me today!

I'm pretty proud of myself - today was the first day of my new plan - cardio every morning before work, then lifting (and abs) three days a week at lunch time. Let me tell you, though - by 3pm I was about falling asleep at my desk today, and by 5pm I thought I'd gnaw my arm off!

Guess it will take a bit of getting used to...

Meg - sorry about the iPod - I would hate to lose mine. But, like someone said, then I could get one with more memory. Mine's a mini, and 1000 songs just aren't enough! Funny how I lived with an MP3 player that held only 15 songs for years! Maybe we should get a program going on here where those of us with iPods could hand them down so that we could trade up?

Just wolfed down some pastel eggs - off to find a suitable carb...
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:38 PM   #14  
Working My Way Back Down

I'll take any hand-me-downs! I reaaalllly want one, just cannot get Santa to justify cost - yet! I'm tired of the CD skipping. My gym has a cardio theatre where you can use one channel for CDs but it always seems that someone else has one in there - music I don't like, of course! But then, maybe others wouldn't like my country music? LOL

And starting with legs? Because my arms are still sore from Sat.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:46 PM   #15  
Mel

Since I'm still living in the dark ages of...gasp...a CD player or listening to gym music, 1000 songs seems like an endless variety!
Sorry about the sticky fingers at your gym, Meg. Find the $%&* and drop a plate on his/her toe! I can personally attest to how painful it is

Legs on Monday is a great way to start the week! If you've had an "accidental carb-up" you can set all sorts or new personal bests! And even if you haven't, you can still feel virtuous that you've got the worst/best over with, and spend the rest of the week hobbling around until the week-end

Tiki- Fess up, girl! Were you watching the eye candy at the gym????

Cindy- Glad you're back on plan I always crash for the first couple of days when I haven't been lifting. You'll get it back.