Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-08-2004, 05:50 PM   #1  

Default Getting Started

Hi All!! I have been on the LA Weightloss diet...which is basically working with a nutritionist and sticking to the Food Pyramid as far as eating. I have lost 22 lbs in 12 weeks... I am very happy!! However I need a jump start and need to start lifting weights to burn the calories and just to tone up.

I used to lift weights about 4 years ago in college for sports, but since then I haven't done any lifting. I would just like to know where to start. I know the machines/free weights and am good with technique I just need the basics again i.e. how many days a week to do cardio/weights, alternate legs, arms, back etc... any direction would help me out a lot!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
golfergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:47 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Hi Golfergirl, here is a website I found by accident tonight that explains the lingo of lifting weights.
http://www.building-muscle101.com/we...-routines.html

If you want a good beginner program, try BFL. You can do the exercise routine and not the eating plan, but your results may be different. If you are following the food pyramid you probably will need to add some protein. You can also read www.bodyforlife.com and it will go over the time limits between exercises, etc.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote