Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-10-2004, 08:43 PM   #91  
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
Tiki - Congrats on the clean eats days!! ..."turkey sausage and kraut. (My new love - go figure)." We must set you up with a man and I don't mean a sausage!! OoooH that doesn't sound right does it !!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:50 PM   #92  
Ilene the Bean

Ok Meg !! I can hear you from here!!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:01 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Ilene,

I read your post and thought I would DIE laughing. TOOOOO Funny!!!!!
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:05 AM   #94  
Ilene the Bean

I think I've missed my calling sometimes, some friends of mine say "t'est folle...""you're crazy..." but *I* don't even think I said something funny ...I'm glad I finished your day off girls with a good laugh! it's always good to go to bed with a funny thought in our heads...

I'm having a really good week this week, workouts are excellent, food is spot on... Today I work, then the gym, tonight I am going out with a g/f I haven't seen in a very long time... I like going out with her because she's health conscious although she doesn't do weights , I forgive her for that ...

Well off with the day.... Let's be careful out there...

Before I go I must share with everyone that I've been added to a mailing list that one of the trainers at the gym writes. Tuesday he sent one saying to drink green tea for fat burning... Ok so I thought I'd cut back on coffee, I drink only one in the morning, then bring my mug of green tea to work. So last night I'm watching Oprah and her show is on the the latest in anti-aging treatments, look younger in 10 days . Her last guess was Dr. Perricone who wrote a book who also recommends green tea... Here is the link to his book and Oprah's site, http://www.oprah.com/health/beauty/h...cription.jhtml ...

I also wanted to add that I'm reading along with "Fit for Life" by Ann Fletcher, "Win the Fat War" 145 Real-life Secrets to Weight-loss Success by Ann Alexander, editor in chief of Prevention Magazine... I'm liking them both... Now that I think of it I may be very motivated by these books and maybe this is why I'm feeling really good about myself lately...

Just a thought... Ok now I'm running late gots to gooooo ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:29 AM   #95  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
the ultimate goal is for the Boy to grow, become Man2 and get his own place, Man1 better stick around and remain Man1!
Tiki, that's about the size of it. You are so wise. Good work on the clean eats, btw.

Quote:
Now that I think of it I may be very motivated by these books and maybe this is why I'm feeling really good about myself lately...
Ilene - you are brilliant. Of course, that is just what I need. I'm going to the library.

I want to place on record that not weighing myself leads to trouble. Specifically, I eat too much. I have to weigh myself, no matter what anyone says. For the time being anyway. I have put on two pounds, my autumn-winter trousers are tight, and my gymn trousers are downright embarrassing.

I've been to the gymn (chest, triceps, cardio) but there's a struggle going on with food. The first line of my sig is on the optimistic side of the truth. Wish me luck!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:10 AM   #96  

Well, I guess I wasn't working my upper body as well as I could have. I did some intense and careful lifting on Tuesday and beginning yesterday about noon, I could really feel it. Odd how the soreness came about 24 hours later. In any case, getting some real effort into the workout routine. Time to shuffle my cards.

I have sorted ruthlessly through the closet getting rid of things I won't and don't wear, wrong size, whatever. It has to GO! I did control myself though and stayed away from my husband's things, it was the source of the only real fight we ever had, all because I threw out a ratty shirt, really, what is a wife for???

Scale is holding steady which is good considering the effort I am putting into losing. The gym is going well though and I have decided to use more of the cardio equipment though I am the most comfortable on the eliptical, imagine that if you could have seen me on it four years ago.

Does anyone have an Au Bon Pain in their area? If so, try the four mushroom soup, get the small though, very rich, but oh so good, a real treat I had this week in between about six meetings. In fact the nice thing about today is that there are three of us in the house if you count the dog.

TIKI - Love the makeup, it is so amazing, I am not sure what it is, the whole look or the care you take of yourself. I went in and ordered up a delayed maintenance plan at the Clinique counter last November, best money I had spent in a long time, it really put me in a good frame of mind. Are you still flat out busy with all the activities, all the more important to keep yourself in shape.

WaterRat - Every meal you eat clean is a meal in the right direction. One step at a time. yeah melting snow.

Ilene - I got into the green tea habit a long time ago, my sister suggests it to one and all and I can't remember why, but it can't hurt.

Maybe a bike ride today with my daughter if it warms up a little, not that i am fussy but it is just a biting cold and not too sunny.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:59 PM   #97  

Oh dear,

I forgot my breakfast today so I only had a cup of yogurt. I didn't screw up and eat junk and held off to lunch. I just finished lunch, grilled chicken on a bed of salad. At that at 12:30 and I am STARVING!!!!!! I don't have a snack here, and after work I have about 4 errands to run so I won't get home before 8PM. I see a major hunger headache coming. Worse, I am imagining my body chewing through muscle instead of fat for energy especially since I have been SUPER low on the food intake the past 4 days due to busy cheerleading (it ain't quite over yet).

Tiki.

Whew! Just remembered where the boss hides his stash of tuna. I nabbed a can and "borrowed" an apple from him as well.

Last edited by tikanique; 11-11-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:59 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I did some upper body yesterday but I'm just so wiped from working that it was a feeble effort. I only have one shift left and I'm really looking forward to a nice long sleep, dinner with friends and then Saturday. I'm really looking forward to some cardio and legs.
I haven't been doing too badly foodwise. I only take good snacks to work. But I slept later today and supper was a bit rushed. Too much fat. However my weight is fine, steady. Maybe tomorrow my body fat calipers will come!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:04 PM   #99  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Hey Gang! It's been a great two weeks for me. I have been eating really clean and my workouts have been woderful. I know this is going to sound really petty for most of you guys but I NEVER sweat and this moring my cardio was so intense that I was pouring sweat!!!!! I felt something coming down my forehead and realized that "OMG!!! I'm sweating"!!! It was the proudest moment for me. The scales haven't moved but a half inch in two weeks but that's ok. I'm not giving up. I know it takes time and patience.

I have got to tell you another most wonderful thing that has happened to me.... you guys know the "ZOOM" whitener that dentisits use? Well....as you may or may not know, it costs $500 (here). Well...I am not about to spend $500 on whitener so I got to thinking and I called my dentist and ask the office manager if I could "earn" the procedure. I asked her if I referred 10 people (and they schedule an appointment) could I get it done for free? She not only said yes but she said, "Let's just made it 6 people instead"!

So guess what.....I got 6 people to schedule an appointment and so she scheduled mine!!!!!!!! It's on Nov. 30th at 9:30!!!!!! Is that just smart of me or what? Hey maybe once I lose 70 pounds, I can barter a free tummy tuck!

I'm trying to figure out some excercises that will make my legs look really great. I don't go to the gym so it would have to be something from home. I've been doing kickbacks but that's abput it. Ilene, maybe you can offer some ideas since you love doing legs so much.

I'm doing 7 days a week cardio right now to get the weight off and some 5 lb. hand weights for the arms. I can only do 5 situps...don't laugh!!!! I'm new to this and my big fat obnxious belly gets in the way.

Another question.....I used to own a scanner but it broke so can any of you guys scan some recent pictures of me if I snail mail them to you? I'll copy the 3 that I have and mail them to you. I don't care what you do with the copies. Let me know if you can help.

Last edited by SupaStar; 11-11-2004 at 07:06 PM.
SupaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:07 PM   #100  
Working My Way Back Down

Thanks for the advice about upping my weights. I will definitely be adding some on some leg exercises. I did upper body today and the ol' arms are not ready for more weight yet! I managed also to do a mile on the elliptical/cross-trainer. That gets my heart rate up much better than the dreadmill. I've started adding my weight - fully dressed pre-workout - to my exercise log. I figure if I have to look at it every time I can see it going down. LOL I am excellent at maintainging, btw. I have been at this weight give or take 3 lbs for 2 years now! Eeek. It's just waaaay higher than I need to be.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:30 PM   #101  

Sandy - Congrats on your sweating. No that doesn't sound crazy, at all. BUT if you are sweating more, let's not forget to up the deodorant. Just kidding, I'm sure you are not offensive.

Another day of clean eats! This girl is rockin. Let's see what I do on the long haul though. To kind of celebrate getting back into me I treated myself to a pair of really sexy, black criss-crossed strap high heel shoes to wear on Saturday night. These shoes beat a pack of pop-tarts ANY day!

Goodnight all.

Tiki.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:09 PM   #102  
Mel

Sandy- congrats on the sweating I actually had a client say that to me this morning- that she never used to sweat when she worked out by herself, but now when she works out with me, she's drenched. I took it as a complement

Tiki- You betcha sexy shoes will stomp all over pop tarts any day. Wow, I wish I had somewhere to wear sexy shoes! Have fun, girl!

WaterRat- Upper body strength usually moves along much slower and in much smaller increments for women But you'll get there. All of a sudden, one day, you'll just know it's time to up the weight. And some days are better than others.

Hello to everyone! Where are our missing LWL'ers? Indiana Robin? Greekgirl?

Today I absolutely fried my bi's and tri's and did cardio. I'm finally getting back to the poundage I was lifting 6 weeks ago before my 2 botched minor surgeries Stamina is still low, but the strength is coming back.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #103  

HI Guys.
Happy Saturday.
Sandy71,
I had laser bleaching a couple years ago (which I think is very similar, if not the same as Zoom whitening) and I still get comments on my teeth. I have all that 'over the counter stuff 'at home and I am sure it would help, but I just never use it. Too much bother. It is much easier to just sit in the chair with the laser pointed at your mouth for an hour. I am sure you love it! I also got mine free for referrals! Nice...
I also watched the Oprah "look ten years younger without surgery" and was re-inspired. I bought Dr. Perricones "The Perricone Prescription" awhile back and I'm sure I talked about it on here. I really beleive in his message for the most part. I try to follow a lot of his principles adjusted for a BB type lifestyle. I am going to try and step it up even more, though. I am going to buy his new book "The Perricone Promise" next time I am at the store. It was a good show. Very inspiring.
It is amazing what a fresh haircut, trendy clothes and a little lipstick can do for you.
If nothing else, it will at least make you 'feel' better.
Now they just need to hit the gym!
I have been inconsistant this week due to an overwhelming schedule, but I did get my Legs and back in so not all was lost. Nothing inspiring to report on the Diet/workout front. Hanging in there.

XOXO
L2L
luv2lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 02:00 PM   #104  
Lovin' Zumba!

Happy Saturday gals! It's sunny here, and I am always amazed at what a difference some sunshine can make in my mood!

Speaking of which, after 9 months in an office with no windows, I begged my manager to let me move to a smaller space that has a small slit of a window, just so I can see daylight. I think the lack of it has really been affecting me, and I decided I need to do something about it. So, I'll be having the joy of moving next week - up a set of stairs unfortunately!

I was in a bit of funk this week - PMS/TOM hit hard, and although I stayed on plan, I made some really poor food choices, like having carb control cookies for dinner one night, and a bunch of sf fudgecicles the next. I think I made it through, though. I was proud of myself last night though - went to an Italian place here, and ordered the chicken cacciatorre (sp?), ordered with broccoli instead of pasta. The sauce was so great that I just wanted to sop it up with the bread that was on the table, but I didn't. Sometimes it's torture being in places that serve so many carb-filled choices, but I guess the point is learning to live with it in my life - not like it's ever going to go away!

I was just thinking of posting a separate thread about Thanksgiving recipes, which I will, and it occurred to me that we having heard from GG in ages! Hope everything is going well with her house! Where are all our long-lost gals - Tidey, JC, Nola, ... We miss you guys!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 09:12 PM   #105  
Working My Way Back Down

I went to the gym under protest last night. Something about it being Friday night, I guess. In any case I made a bargain with myself that if my DH was still there, I would stay. (We often meet at the gym at the end of the day, though he's usually there before me.) I drove in the parking lot and there was DH's truck, so I was committed. LOL And he was just about done running and off to the showers, so it's not like we even spent any time working out together! I was doing legs last night, and was able to up the weight on 3 of the machines I've been using. Yay. And I had a good eating day yesterday, finished up by nuking a cut up apple with splenda and cinnamon and adding some ff yogurt when it was done. Yummy.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote