Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-02-2004, 11:05 AM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, I haven't been posting much lately because I have been in a funk. Last week, I actually gained 6 lbs which really depressed me considering I only had a couple days off at the gym and a couple bad eating days. Last night, I went to the gym and 2 of the 6 lbs from last week were gone. I had a decent workout last night, did shoulders and 10 minutes on the elliptical. My knee was hurting me so I couldn't really do any longer than 10.

Anyway, hope everyone has a nice day.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Nelie -- I was wondering where you were! to you hang in there, take a small break. I think it was you who mentionned if it was good to take a week off... Well now may be the time for you... You've been so perfect, the honeymoon phase may be gone for a bit... Keep doing what you were doing and your spunk will come back... A discussion just like this was started at the maintainers forum http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48708 got chekc it out.... You're NEVER alone in this battle!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #18  
Ilene the Bean

Nelie -- I was just in the Maintenance Library and there is a great article that our Meg just posted that I think speaks to you at the moment...The Big Backslide, go have a looksee...

Meg -- Thanks for all those great articles
Old 11-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #19  
Mel

Hi everyone,
Just got back from standing in line to vote. That was my workout for the day I'm ignoring the snowstorm of leaves all over my yard and will convinve ds and dh that the leaves are THEIR workout today. I'm still on the disabled list

Nelie- You've been going full steam ahead for quite a while. The funk is perfectly understandable. Head over to Maintainers as Ilene suggested. You have a few fellow funkers.

Cindy- So sorry about the kitty. I lost my dog about a week and a half ago- it really hurts. I keep seeing things on the floor like a large pillow, and think it's her. Hugs to you.

Colleen- Though we lost you! Fantastic on the numbers, there!

Morning (afternoon?) everyone else, I'm off to the feed trough!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Ilene

I felt myself slipping last week, so I told myself I'd allow myself a day of indulgence, a day of eating anything I wanted. It wasn't a day of constant eating or stuffing myself, but for dinner I had something I really would like and then something sweet for dessert. I did it because I wanted to get it out of my system and I think it worked. I realized there is nothing foodwise in this world that I really want so badly that would jeopardize my weight loss.

One reason I know I started to slip was because frankly I don't like the jiggliness that my body has acquired since losing weight. It is quite depressing. Also, I got sick and allowed myself to use that as an excuse for not exercising or exercising very little. I've always had a struggle along the years where I'd be going great, then I'd get sick and I'd stop exercising. So I feel a lot better now, not 100% still but I had that nagging feeling of just to not get back into my exercise routine. It didn't help when I learned that I gained 6 lbs, which depressed me even further. I am at the point now though that I know I need to exercise so I am forcing myself to do so until I re-establish my routine.

I told myself last night that I really want to be 275 for Christmas so that is what I am working towards. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't establish that goal.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:11 PM   #21  

Default Good Morning!

Lanaii,
I wish we could workout together too! Too bad were so far away. My training partner has a new wonderful man in her life and so she has fallen off the workout wagon and gained some fat. She keeps tryong to get back into the swing, but in the mean itme I am training with hubby who is pretty hard-core.

Cindy,
I am very sorry about your kitty. My cat is 14+ and ,in fact, was my husbands cat before we even met. I do not look forward to losing him. We also have a Lab and a new German Shepherd puppy that we adore. Pets bring so much to us and ask for so litte in return. To lose one really leaves a hole for awhile.

Yesterday,
Chest, calves, abs

DB chest presses (flat)
30'sX20 35'sX16 40'sX12 50'sX9X8
DB Press (Inc)
35'sX13X12X12
DB Press decline
35'sX15X12X11
Cable Crossovers
45X10X10X10 drop to 20x8
Donkey calf raises
360X25X23X20
Hanging leg raises

Today I have had my decaf mocha, poached egg on wheat, my glutamine and multi-vites. I am feeling good about my diet so we will see how it goes...
Tonight is hams and glutes.

have an awesome day guys
XO
L2L

PS
Nelie, Hang in there Sista, aint no big thing. We all have our lil' stumbles
luv2lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:26 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Disappointment...the trainer cancelled tonight's session, and forgot to leave his number. Think I am not going to follow through with him, if he can't keep his appointments, and wait for the woman trainer with lots of experience to come back from vacation. In the meantime, went to the library and took out a book on lifting that included alot of machine exercises so I can figure out what I should be doing on my own.

Went to vote this morning, stood in line for an hour.

I am feeling my leg workout from the gym yesterday morning. My inner thighs are sizzling, and my hips say ouch every time I walk. Feels good tho'. Lets me know something is going on.

Nelie, hang in there and cut yourself some slack. Everyone has their ups and downs... try to give yourself a break. Remember, scale weight is so often dependent upon factors outside of your control...time of month, water, etc. You are my inspiration. Foodwise and workout wise I admire all you've been doing.

Cindy, sorry about your kitty. I think someone else asked, how are the others adjusting to the loss. Do they seem to know? What's a rainbow bridge link?

I am so tired of raking leaves. Every morning I rake and every evening I come home to a lawn covered with a cacophony of colors, none of them green. And so I start again. Argh! If only my kids lived around here, I could finagle some help. Oh well, it's good for my obliques, right?

Artmaker
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:22 PM   #23  

Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Three October's ago I lost my two beautiful Newfoundlands and my kitty all in the same month. The Newfies were sisters so I knew they would go about the same time and but even though Dazy was the senior member of our household, 15 years old, I didn't expect to loose her too. Is this the address you are looking for?

http://www.rainbowbridgepetmemorials.com/index.html

I had a good start to my day, got my UBWO compeleted before work and it felt sooo good. My DH's hours changed and that really messed up my workout schedule. He's been going in later so I haven't had my personal time in the mornings. Well this morning I finally got my schedule righted around and fit my workout in while he was using the bathroom. It felt great.
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:29 PM   #24  
Ilene the Bean

Artmaker -- It's so annoying when someone does that, hopefully he had a good reason...

Evangeline -- Good for you for working around the schedule it's the most difficult part of workouts...

Cindy -- I think this is the link you're looking for...http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
Old 11-02-2004, 08:11 PM   #25  

NELIE - In the scheme of things, your Christmas goal, you are closer to it now than you were a month a go and you have already gotten rid of two of the 6 pounds. This whole lifestyle is a mind exercise as much if not more than one for the body. Take a breath, take a break and change what you can.

Voted myself, the line was gone at 2:30, came home with a sore throat and started reading the Newsweek that had come in the mail, fell asleep, so I probably needed that.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #26  

Wow! Can't beleive I am the first this morning to post. That is new.
I have stuck to my eating plan (at least 95%) for like 4 days!! May be no big deal to you that are more disciplined with food but for me, it is inspiring!

I had a Hood Yogurt last night in fron of the TV instead of ice cream and I will try to do that for awhile and maybe...eventually wean to havibg nothing in front of the TV.
I also discovered (actually re-discovered) a wonderful protein bar called Tri-o-plex. They are absolutley delicious. A little heavy on the caloric content (they are BIG) but I usually only eat half at a time.

OK..I had a B workout last night for Hams and Glutes (and of course calves and Abs)
Stiff leg deads (barbell)
60#X18 90#X12X12X10
Cable Kickbacks for Glutes
50#X10eaX10eaX10ea
Smith Lunges
90#X12eaX12eaX6ea (I just hit the wall on these, perhaps adjusting to my new eating??...)
Leg Press for Calves
270#X16X19X18X18
Decline Sit-ups

Tonight is Back, low back, traps, calves and abs

Blessings to all of you
XO
L2L
luv2lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:33 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

For something just a bit different, I walked in town today. I had to go to the bank so I dressed up like a geek with mitts and hoofed it around an old part of town with a nice historical estate. Autumn colours, just bit of a chill in the air. It was nice.
Eating is not going all that well for me the last couple of days, I seem to need about 200 cals of something before I can settle off to sleep. I don't want to, it bumps me up over 2000 each day. Not sure what that is.
I've got homemade vegetable soup in the crock-pot, I've got apples cooking for applesauce, I might even purree the last squash out of the garden and put it in the freezer. Just a regular, little Suzie Homemaker today. Fun for a change.

Hey, L2L ... I bought a jar of babyfood squash today but couldn't quite remember what to do with it. Just eat it?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:51 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I was curious about L2L's 'hanging leg raises' so I went out to the trellis, hung myself up and tried. ..... 10/7/5
I wonder where the neighbours are
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:30 PM   #29  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Susan B, so nice we don't have to laugh at your jokes, you appear to laugh enough for the rest of us <grin>!

All well here. Didn't go to the gym today as I've got class and had to get to work early, did floor leg/glute exercises from Slim in 6 series, then time on the treadmill.

Am determined to stay on target with my eating today...yesterday indulged in a good portion of a bag of pretzels, and the salt retention showed today in my puffy body. Could have been taken for the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Didn't realize how long you people have been lifting...all of you seem multiyear lifters. Impressive.

Nelie, how are you doing? Are you out of your funk? Hope so.

Artmaker
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

What is a hood yogurt? Verycurious about that.

Sorry about the kitty and the lost dog. I had a dog for about 5 months and although I didn't like the experience, I remember how upset i was when I came outside and someone had taken her off her leash and walked off with her for a while. I felt even worse for the crew. They were positively ill about it until she was brought back home.

Art, I am POSITIVE you will stay on point with your eating. Do you do needlepoint?

I also voted - got in line at 4:10 and didn't get done until 7:40. It was UNREAL! Next time I will do absentee and save myself the time.

Gotta get back to work - am MAJOR behind and need to earn my keep around here.

Peace. and stay out of those trick or treat bags.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote