Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-31-2004, 01:23 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

In the last couple of days I've been in on three conversations where the chitter chatter has been about people who exercise half-heartedly then complain because it's not doing any good. So yesterday (back and biceps) I set a timer, got out my notebook with a list of exercises, I started with 12 reps instead of my arbitrary 10, I heavied up the weight a bit, was particularly careful to target muscle groups properly, rested longer between sets and exercises ....
OH MY ARMS!
I was a bit concerned through the night because my right arm hurt worse but now ... they're about even. My coffee cup is so heavy.
Cool!
I think I'll do chest and triceps tomorrow.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:51 PM   #32  
Mel

LOL SusanB! Good for you! Enjoy your workout tomorrow

One of the things I've been doing when the gym is slow and I don't have a client is to stop people (usually women, men aren't very receptive) who are doing exercises with incorrect form or halfheartedly, and offer them a free "re-orientation" to the gym. Most take me up on it, and are amazed at how different it feels when they do the exercise the right way, or heavy enough to be useful. It's kind of sad to see so many people expending so much effort and getting so little out of it. It's also a good way to steer conversations towards nutrition, since the question I'm asked most frequently is "how do I get rid of THIS" as the questioner grabs her middle.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:27 PM   #33  

Had a good UBWO this morning, not sure if the crowd was at they gym because it was post Halloween candy, the world series is over so they get to bed at a decent hour or the time change. In any case, I need to push the weights a little more, my arms are "there" but not really to the point of soreness yet.

SANDY - My suggestion to getting back on track is to get up earlier 15 minutes at a time, adjust to it. And you are so right, it really does help to focus on being healthy versus thin or musclie.

I made up a supply of baked chicken last night, very tasty, so I am pretty ready this week foodwise. I do the best those weeks I know where I am going.

Tomorrow is election day, and of course the weather forecast is for rain late in the day. We plan to vote at 7ish when the polls open up, that way I won't have to slog up there after work.

MEL - Take it easy, catch up on the junky TV for a while before you try to get back into things.

TIKI - Sounds like you need an appointment with yourself. LOL. Moms are so wonderful, mine is also still around to point out that I am wearing odd clothes or something.

DAWNA - You are smart not to give up the gym even as your days get wilder, after all if you aren't in good shape, you won't have anything to give to others. Haven't a clue on the gym membership question though, good luck.

SUSANB - glad to hear your arms hurt the same!!!

Off to teach knitting at lunchtime. That is fun.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote