Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 247/161/132

Height: 5'6"

Default BodyPump!

Anyone out there do BodyPump on a regular basis (at Goodlife gyms, here in Canada)? Results? Thoughts? My sister swears by it, and I'm thinking of joining specifically to give it a shot. I'm not a gym rat and I've lifted in the past but never studk with it as I find it boring. I'm interessted to know what you all think.
misspixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #2  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

Hi! I used to love BodyPump when I had a Goodlife membership, 3 years ago, and managed to lose 30lbs in about 3 months. I liked that it was possible to be quite overweight and out of shape, but still keep up with the class. I had to stop going when my husband went out west to work (we live in NB) and I had no one to watch my 3 kids. My gym offered child care, but it was an extra $80/month for the 3 of them, and more than half the time I'd get there just to be told they didn't have room for more kids.

Anyhow, after being home for a couple of years, my husband is heading out west to work again. I was looking online for him for a good workout he could easily do in his room at camp and discovered that you can buy the Les Mill BodyPump program to use at home for around $200. It includes the same bar/weights they use in the gym classes, 5 Pump DVDs plus a Flow DVD and one for abs. So I'm putting in my order and starting again as soon as it gets here!

I need to lose at least 100lbs. Plus we're going to Florida in the spring to celebrate our 16th anniversary and I want to feel like I look good, darnit!
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #3  

Hey, sounds fantastic! There is a GoodLife in Calgary that has recorded classes and offers them as "virtual classes" -- you still have to go there but they run the recording every 2 hours all night long. Trying to capture the shift worker market.

Thanks for sharing your results -- I'm hitting it tomorrow! Not today, simply because I'm on day 3 of a high veg/fruit diet and am having GI distress bahahahaha.

Good luck with your plans, you'll do it -- any loss will be good loss, and exercise certainly helps
Old 09-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #4  

What a coincidence! I just joined Goodlife and did the virtual BodyPump class yesterday! I thought it was great! I'm going to start attending the instructor-led class as soon as it starts up here.
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #5  

OOOH glad you took it! My sister and I will do it at one of the new Goodlife's in Calgary when I visit next month. Excited! Instructor led classes are really good I think, too. I hate weights but this routine makes it fun.