Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-12-2014, 04:28 AM   #1  

Default Weird tricep muscle bulging

I do a lot of cardio every day and watch my food intake. Whenever I try to do arm exercises whether it be just push-up and chair dips or with weights my tricep starts to bulge. The photo shows what it looks like you can see that whenever I turn t the side it sticks out and over takes my shoulder. I think it looks bad and makes my arms look chunky and I am not sure why it happens to me and not other women. Can someone give me an explanation or ways to work out my arms without getting that bulgy tricep?
Lip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like you are getting good pumps. The "bulge" you are seeing is due to the muscle being filled with blood. It's temporary and goes away pretty quickly.

You don't notice this "bulge" when you are not lifting, correct? I would assume not. That's because when the muscles are at rest you don't see the "bulging".

And if you are seeing a tricep muscle you should count your blessings. Most women don't get to experience seeing a nice tricep muscle when working out. Sounds like you are pretty lean and your body fat is low. It's all good.
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #3  

the bulge doesn't go away and is still there keeping any strapless or sleeveless outfits looking terrible on me. i tried focusing on shoulder exercises but still nothing is looking proportional like the celebrities. it still looks overly bulging and big. when i stop lifting and focus on cardio it goes away and look skinny again after a few months, but this doesnt make sense
Lip3 is offline   Reply With Quote