Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:24 AM   #1  

Talking BFL sample journals/meal plans?

I am planning on beginning on Monday, and I am struggling a bit with meals. If anyone would be so kind as to post some sample menus, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2003, 11:51 AM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hey there...

As far as training programs...(yup I know you didn't ask but here goes) what I did for my first BFL challenge was use the free EAS "Training Zone" online thingy...it uses the exercises in the book...

http://www.eas.com/sportsspecific/bfl.asp?F=BF

Also - meals...what I did at first was make a copy of THE LIST on page 83 of the book...I took it with me shopping and stuck to the list primarily (although pretty much any green and/or low-cal veggie is OK as a vegetable on BFL and pretty much any fruit is okay as a carb) then for each meal I would take a protein and a carb and veggie if needed...and there's a meal.

I also used (and still use) meal replacement shakes such as Myoplex Lite (regular Myoplex is too high in calories for most women IMO) and protein powders such as MetRx Protein Plus. Now there are a LOT of MRPs and PP's out there...ya gotta read the labels carefully and try them out - because what some people find scrumptious you might not be that crazy about (example - I can't stand Biotest's GROW! but I am definitely in the minority - most peeps (including my hubby!) love the stuff...) This is the only time I would buy somewhere like GNC - because they sell separate packets and you can try different flavors out without getting stuck with an entire box of yukky flavors.

Here's some meal ideas: (check the Recipes thread for some good recipes...)

Morning meals:

Protein Pancakes (basically eggwhite and oatmeal, you can add yam, cottage cheese, berries, etc. to taste...these are a staple for me)

Eggwhite omelette with veggies inside - oatmeal or clean 'home fries' on the side (I buy those frozen Potatoes O'Brien or the brand called "Simply Potatoes" and those are nice quick carbs).

Cottage cheese blended smooth with fruit OR light yogurt added (remember yogurt is a CARB on BFL) To get more of a 'firm' texture, I like to add a spoonful of dry sugarfree/fatfree instant pudding mix while blending, then pop in the fridge for awhile.

Afternoon/Evening meals...

Chicken salad with tons of veggies...if I'm going out to eat on a non-free meal...this is one of my staples - I order a chicken caesar salad, no croutons or cheese, with dressing on the side...dip the tines of my fork in the dressing, then get a stab of salad - you get the flavor of the dressing without all the calories. (yeah, I know some peeps bring their own dressing, but generally speaking when I go out during the week, it's a work function...)

Another salad - what I call a Mexican Salad - that I get from a place close to work called Baja Fresh...I order their Baja Ensalada (Romaine lettuce, charbroiled chicken, Pico de Gallo salsa) without the dressing, tortilla strips and cheese...then I go to the free salsa bar and load up the salad with plenty of salsa and jalepenos...then have a piece of fruit like a nectarine for my carb. VERY filling.

A baked potato (or better yet, a yam/sweet potato) is a great carb - just have a piece of fish, chicken, or a lean steak on the side and voila...another tasty idea: Nuke a potato (either russet or sweet/yam), scoop out the insides, blend the insides with some cottage cheese and flavorings (for russet - some chives, pepper and Butter Buds; for sweet - cinnamon, Splenda and a dash of vanilla) then put the insides back into the potato skin and bake in an oven or (if you're not a total klutz in the kitchen like me!) stick under the broiler until you get kind of a golden brown crust...mmm...

One of hubby's favorites - jambalaya...(see recipe thread).

I'm sure that you'll get some other ideas from our gals here...
Closed Thread