3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   LWL #110 Week of July 7, 2003 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/29080-lwl-110-week-july-7-2003-a.html)

Mel 07-07-2003 07:32 AM

LWL #110 Week of July 7, 2003

Good Morning! New week, long weekend over (for us 'mercuns). What's the damage?

I missed my first workout in almost 2 years :yikes: and will be doing penance for an unplanned barbeque with lots of desserts. For me, this is detox week.

Off to walk the dog,

mel

RobinBeBe 07-07-2003 08:23 AM

Hey all

Well, I did do my workouts - I have just maintained my weight workouts for now, will start the cardio after my vacation. Eating wise....Friday and yesterday were blowouts. Ack!!! Weekends in general are very hard for me, and I know I have to get this under control.

In the meanwhile......back to work :(

Have a good Monday all!

Robin :cb:

susanje 07-07-2003 09:19 AM

I ate clean, totally OP on SBD (lost 7 lbs in 7 days), and worked out like a maniac on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and then missed Sunday and today. I'm bummed about missing those workouts. I slept through the alarm both days. DH says I must be tired from all the bar study. I am :tired:

Going to hit the books in a few minutes. :dizzy:

Today is Day 8 on SBD and I've gotten through the carb withdrawal and am feeling okey dokey. But I do get to add my fruit back in six days (but who's counting???)

I'm going to get up tonight for the gym............oh yes I am.

I scheduled my face lift for August 12th. Am I a crazy woman or what????????

Susan :strong:

MrsJim 07-07-2003 09:25 AM

GOOOD morning!

Don't know WHY I put the smiley on my post since I'm GOING BACK TO WORK TODAY...after over a week off...spoiled spoiled me. :lol:

I would LOVE to spend every single day the way I spent the past week - at the stables most of the time. Of course getting into the horse thing for a career is strictly a pipe dream at this point...kind of inspires me to spend a dollar on a lotto ticket... :)

Mel - wanted to say that I've been doing the same thing lately that you do in your workouts - i.e. not having a specific workout routine - like yesterday I came in there knowing I was doing legs but didn't have a routine mapped out. Same with shoulders today...it's a nice change.

Book Alert: I was at the library yesterday going through the New Books section...checked out a book called "Fed Up! The Breakthrough 10-Step, No-Diet Fitness Plan" by Wendy Oliver-Pyatt, M.D. So far it's been pretty interesting...I'm on page 73 right now...trying to read it verrry carefully since the concept intrigues me - rather than dieting just living/maintaining. I'll give you guys a 'review' after I've absorbed it - let you know what I think. I love my workouts for the most part - it's the nutrition part that is the tough part for me!

Gotta hop in the shower...I dunno if any of you gals remember the old "Dobie Gillis" show but in my mind, I keep hearing Maynard G. Krebs squeak out "WORK!" :dizzy:

Ilene 07-07-2003 10:09 AM

Susan -- A face lift!! Lucky you!! If there is anything at all that I would change about myself, at the moment anyways, it's my ageing face... even my celulite doesn't bother me that much... I feel that I am in better shape EVER!! I am physically in better shape than most younger girls, but my FACE well it's a changin'!!! Well maybe a boob lift too, yea, that's it, I think...:lol:

During the summer I go in the gym not really knowing what I will do for that particular body part on that day... This morning I did legs... some squats, (BTW I squatted more than my weight), then leg extensions, and step ups,( I really like those)... and calves...

After legs I biked to my moms, we had coffee on her swing... I the time I spend with her on that swing!

Food wise, yesterday was good... not 100% clean, but I didn't go over 1300 calories.... Just supper was in a restaurant and there were some wedges that weren't OP, I know that for a fact!!...

Karen -- On the exercise front I have no problems either, but the FOOD... argh!!! Now there's the dilemma.... That book sounds interesting, I was intending to take the kids to the library this AM... OUr library is so behind the times it's annoying!! So I may not find it there

Anyways, off now to do some laundry.... and around the house stuff...

Laters....

susanje 07-07-2003 10:23 AM

Ilene,

The fl is my graduation present to myself. I'm going to be a baby lawyer in a big firm at the ripe old age of 46. While they know (or pretty much know) how old I am and I'm not trying to hide that, I'm looking for a bit of rejuvenation so I don't feel so old next to these other mid20s baby lawyers. Also, the more weight I lose, the more lines appear in my face. If I get to goal (about 25 lbs away now), I will look about 70. :lol:

I will put off the boob lift and/or lower body lift for another year. I don't know if I'll ever see the light of day again once I'm chained to the desk at the firm, but if I ever get some time off, I might consider another thing or two.

:dance:

Kempyd 07-07-2003 11:26 AM

I too am back after a terrible vacation. TS Bill hit us last Monday and a large limb fell on to of our dog pen. It is a rather large one too so now we have to get the tree down and replace the pen. We also lost power for 21 hours. Thankgoodness my FIL had a genrator or we would have lost our tropical fish with out the filter running.

I have a b-day party on Tuesday and the power kicked on a hour b4 it was supposed to start. That ended up great but then we headed to FL to the beach and it poured the entire weekend. Needless to say all we did was sit inside and eat. I am now 3 pounds below my highest weight and I am sick of it. My pants aren't even buttoned today. I am trying to start the BRx today but I don't know if I have to right food in my house right now. I really need to sit down and plan it out but I havn't had time.

I still havn't heard back form Laura about the plan so I guess I will just try to get through it the best I can.

Mindi 07-07-2003 11:51 AM

Kempy, I'm not Laura, but I'm an experienced BRXer who's starting a new challenge today. Can I help you with something? If you'd like, email me at [email protected].

Goddess Jessica 07-07-2003 04:17 PM

Hello ladies!

I had a WONDERFUL weekend. I went to the Magic Castle in Los Angeles, ate at Pink's hotdog stand, drank cosmos at the Comedy Store and didn't workout once! :) Man, it was so much hotter in LA!

Now, I'm ready to get back to the grind. I have a housewarming party on Saturday. Any ideas for clean party food? It's a grill out, so of course we'll have some great lean protein.

MrsJim 07-07-2003 06:12 PM

Probably one of the CHEFS here would give more creative cookout ideas but here goes...

Meat/veggie kabobs (marinate 'em beforehand)
Fruit kabobs (not to BBQ just to eat :) )
Cole Slaw - there MUST be a way to make it so it's 'clean'! I just added it to the list because of an article in this week's San Francisco Chronicle on the stuff:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...2/FD265564.DTL

The usual veggies, SWEET corn just picked fresh and BBQ'd - if you have a local farmer's market then check out their wares...

Ilene 07-07-2003 06:33 PM

Goddess Jessica - grilled veggies, tomatoe salads made with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, um.... baked taters and sweet taters.... Fresh strawberries...
There's actually a good list...

Ilene 07-07-2003 06:38 PM

Karen -- Thanks , that link was very good for slaw recipes, I saved it to favs....

calipc 07-07-2003 07:07 PM

Hello everyone!

Doing really well here. I am getting to the gym, even if my kids are up at 4 am for no reason, and eating well. I have my period so I will weigh myself at the end of this week. This will complete week 4 for me. I am proud I am still on track and wanting to go to the gym.

We are moving at the end of august so I need to stick to my routine b.c when we move I may have to take some time off.

I had a great dinner...filet with broiled shrimp...it was amazing!

Have a great week.

Mel 07-07-2003 08:01 PM

Mmmmm...coleslaw

I just had coleslaw and chicken for dinner. Yum. OK, BFL'ers, there was no carb and a few unauthorized ingredients, but I'm not doing BFL. Here's the slaw recipe:

2 cups shredded cabbage
1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon udo's
1 teaspoon agave syrup (or sweetener of choice)
.5 oz slivered almonds
shake of powdered ginger

Mix it all up, let it sit for 10 minutes or so, then slice chicken over it. For those of you who insist on a starchy carb, I bet cubed cooled sweet potatos would be tastey. Or shredded carrots, which I consider a carb.

JEC 07-07-2003 08:25 PM

oh I hate slaw...... Never been a fan of cabbage.

Not doing to bad here enjoying my hot apples with CC. I am kinda down at the moment because I had an 'altercation' with my sister over my father and other issues yesterday. :( Part of it is baby sister syndrome and part of it is her being emotional. I feel bad because if I stick to my principles then the disagreement will continue but if I cave in then I feel like I am not being 'real' Do you know what I mean?

Good news is that I finished my final taxation essay (Susan - 18 case referances! for one simple tax issue) and so I am on the home straight to finals now. Only 5 weeks to go until I get my Masters. Yay!!

JC