Crossfit thread?

• Heya folks!

Does anyone else do Crossfit? Either at a box (what Crossfit calls their gym) or on their own?

I joined a box about six weeks ago and have been getting excited about what I'm doing there. I thought I'd be fun to have a Crossfit thread where we talked about our WOD's, progress, challenges, etc.

Anyone else out there?
  • I was just searching for Crossfit in the forums. Glad I found your post. My teenage daughter & I are going to do a 30 day crossfit challenge here at home. I just found a program on a bloggers site that we may follow.

I'd love to hear what you're doing! Are you following a Paleo diet? Just curious since everything I see about crossfit involves a paleo diet.
  • A few people on the forums have done Crossfit. I did it for a year in a Crossfit gym and it was an experience but in the end I decided that I am not a fan of the Crossfit method. Maybe it was my shoulder injury . Shoulder injuries are one of the most common things with Crossfit and it happened quite a bit on the CF forums and our gym. I'm guessing at home it would be safer than in a gym. Just use good form and if you are using a timer, still take your time with the moves. Also start with a lighter weight than prescribed.

As for Paleo, I never did it and although people in my gym liked the concept of Paleo, they really didn't follow it as they found it too difficult. The gym would have 12 week Paleo challenges and some people could mostly stick to it for 12 weeks but they didn't beyond that. You can look into Paleo if you like but most people I've known who have done Crossfit didn't do Paleo.