Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 08:16 AM   #106  
Banned

Default TGIF!!

Hey Guys! For some unknown reason I'm ahead of schedule getting ready for work so wanted to pop in. Will read/reply later...I've got the weekend off!

Mindi, my temp varies between 95.3 and 97 something. I've only seen it at 98.6 twice since I started checking it. Both times I had just had food prepared with coconut oil. Five minutes later it was falling again. I've read where people get on medication, get their temps up and start dropping weight.

Have a great day!

Deb
Old 03-28-2003, 08:25 AM   #107  
Hot Sauce!

Default Snow?!?!?!?!

Mindy,
You have an extra room huh? Do you mind two birds and a cat? As for the snow, we are going to be almost 70 degrees today and than this weekend it may snow and be in the upper 30's! YUCK! What the heck? I don't want to see snow anymore.
This morning I got up and hit the gym. I did 13 minutes of intervals on the elliptical machine and than my calve workout.

Yesterday I got the official approval for a home loan so now Bill and I know what our price range is and what price we are looking for. I really hope that I don't get attached to one house and have it be taken, but I am sure it is bound to happen. I am just that way....

Have a great day all!
Old 03-28-2003, 08:47 AM   #108  
Ilene the Bean

Chelly Yes you would look “weird” “skinny” BUT you are going to be “healthy”... that should have been your response.... DON’T let anyone sabotage your lifestyle!! Some PPL!!

(Ok I’m over it, I’ll be ok, relax Ilene!!)

============
Yay my body is back to normal....I didn’t wake up famished this morning and I had an awesome bi and tri w/o... I didn’t want to bother with cardio... I’ve done it 3 times already this week and that’s enough for me...

Later all... I have to go, I’ve been on here for almost 1.5 hours, and I have lots to do... Housework, toilets, all the fun stuff...

Toodles...
Old 03-28-2003, 08:51 AM   #109  
Peace with body and soul

no no Jamie, YOU get the spare room so I can live w/YOU! hehehe hope you don't mind dogs? Cause I'll be bringing some!

Deb I've gotta get some time to do more research on the low body temp issue. Maybe this is a key I've not found yet.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:53 AM   #110  
Peace with body and soul

Here's a site that's OT, but wonderful to take a few minutes to clear your mind and open up your soul, I hope it brings a bit of peace to those who read it, especially during our turbulent times:

WWW.THEGREATILLUSION.COM
Old 03-28-2003, 12:04 PM   #111  
Natural Health Educator

It's Friday again! Yahoo!

Had another great workout yesterday, squats and lunges especially good...i can feel it today, and had to stretch stretch stretch before I slipped on the shorts this morning!!!!

For those of you who mentioned wanting to switch around your workouts cause you felt that they weren't challanging you enough...I know what you mean. I can tell you that after a year of the same UB/LB split that is in the BFL book, I was dying for a change, and the changes I made have seemed to have taken my body to a better level. Now I workout 5 times a week, (three seperate workouts, with three day on, one day off two day on, rest day and then repeat. ) I feel great, and much more challanged as well as stimulated. I have also started rotating between DBs and BBs and the olympic bar. (Congradulations, Tidey, by the way on your Big Bar Achievement.) The first time I tried to squat the Olympic bar, I nearly cried, but now I am building up my stregnth. I hope to be able to curl it too! soon I will be able to do "21s" with the Olympic bar! (Thanks to Karen who suggested those to me last year. Tidey, that is another good biceps exercise.)

I noticed that thread about cat "surprises" in the bed...Though my kitties have done similarly, it was more often that they would pee there instead. At the high point of my older cat's pee problem, I read somewhere that cats will often pee on something to help mark thier way home, and if they are afraid that "mom and dad" won't find home, they will pee there too. So, the article said that when a cat pees on the bed, it is often thier way of showing you the way home...Not that that makes it any easier to deal with!

Anway, caio for now,
Meowmew2
Old 03-28-2003, 03:02 PM   #112  

Hi all,

Im fighting a cold at the moment (and winning!) so i did my "saturday" UWBO today and will skip cardio (friday workout) until monday to help my immune system.

Didnt make any records (could tell I was weaker) but Im starving today so I see that as a good thing

Anyways, off to watch CSI!

Tidey
Old 03-28-2003, 03:31 PM   #113  
Hot Sauce!

Default Meowmew...

Yes, cats tend to pee in order to mark their teritory. My male cat has peed just about everywhere in our apartment when we first moved in. He is ok now, but he really liked the window sills and would get mad when we wiped it up and he would go and do it again!
I think the most suprising thing he ever did was when I lived with my family. We had an occassional mouse problem and one time he caught one (poor mouse) and left the bloody body on my dads bed. Imagine my dads suprise as he is going to sleep! They do this to show that they earn their keep and as a sign of pride. Cats are odd, but you gotta love them!
Jamie
Old 03-28-2003, 10:53 PM   #114  
Banned

Hey Guys!

I've been kind of busy editing 3 stickies into one on another site. If you want to see how I spent tonight check out this link: http://www.low-carb-friends.com/bbs/...threadid=81514
I'll catch up tomorrow! I hope you're having a great weekend!

Wonders if she's stumbled into the wrong forum...maybe feline Potty training?

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 03-28-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:23 PM   #115  

Hey Mindi,

That's a pretty kewl site you posted. Thanks.

Sel
Old 03-29-2003, 12:50 AM   #116  

Just got home from the gym and my 20 min cardio. I have a love/hate relationship with the cardio. I hate to go, I hate to do it, I love the sweat because it makes me feel like I'm working and I love the feeling of finishing and knowing I pushed myself.

If anyone remembers, last week when I posted for the first time I was only walking for twenty minutes 3x a week. I've now graduated to the jogger machine thing at the gym which makes me curse the entire time I'm on it but definately is a 10. I'm also going to go to the gym tomorrow for my UBWO to see if maybe I can make myself feel some pain. So far I know I must not be putting enough effort in here at home because there is no pain the next day.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:47 AM   #117  
Meg

Morning, gang! It’s going to be a great day — I could feel it as soon as I woke up. Spring must be coming — the birds were chirping at 4:30 AM, even though it was still dark. It’s supposed to pour rain all day, but so what … at least it isn’t snow. I’m going to put away all my winter clothes, clean up my closet , and get out the spring stuff (I live in an older house with the world's tiniest closets — I would kill for BIG closets and bathrooms and a HUGE kitchen).

I’m also meeting my gym’s manager (female) at noon to do legs. We worked out together last weekend and had so much fun that we are going to do it every Saturday. And since we are not too far apart on the weights, there won’t be too much of that weight-switching that goes on when I work out with some of the guys (they are really sweet about it, though). BTW, I’ve noticed that many women have more endurance lifting weights than men, though we will never be as strong. Anyone else think so?

Anyway, to catch up on the thread:

Ilene: I always love reading your posts -- you never fail to put a smile on my face. You would be so much fun to hang out with in person — but this works too! I like your slogan “Invincible, not invisible!” You should put it under your photo. About taking a week off — I don’t think there’s any rules or right and wrong. Listen to your body — does it want/need a week off? I never took a week off, until my surgery, but then I had never heard of the concept until late in the game (like Free Day) (I’m a little slow). And I went nuts even being out of the gym for two weeks then (and snuck back …)

Mel and Colleen: about invisible women, especially over 40: I sure did my best to be invisible when I was heavy. And for the longest time after I lost weight, I kept insisting that I was exactly the same person that I was before and that people were treating me differently simply because I was no longer fat. But it has gradually dawned on me that, even though I am indeed the same person inside, I project it a lot differently. I see that I have more confidence in social situations and am less self-conscious. I’m more willing to be a little more outspoken and noticed. When one of my gym friends had a birthday recently, I brought in a bunch of balloons and serenaded her with “Happy Birthday” as I chased her all over the gym (she was trying to hide from me — go figure!). Of course, I never would have done this while still heavy. So I think the world may be treating me differently because I am acting differently.

Karen: my calves are speechless in admiration of your calf raises. You just set the bar higher — got to work my way up there!

Mindi: re low body temperature — I am hypothyroid and take Levoxyl for it. Low body temperature can be indicative of hypothyroidism but can also be entirely normal for you. Have you ever had your TSH checked?

It’s interesting to see how many of us tried a high carb/low fat diet and failed. Have any of you ever succeeded on one of these plans? This is why WW never worked for me, despite the many times that I re-joined. Ever notice how we never fault the plan when we fail, only ourselves, when in fact it was the plan that fails us? But I think a lot of us have been left with a lingering fat phobia, myself included.

A hug for everyone else and keep posting! It sounds like everyone is doing so well!

Meg
Old 03-29-2003, 03:11 PM   #118  
Peace with body and soul

Thanks Sel, I think now and then we tend to forget to feed all of us..soul included.

Meg I had 3 sets of blood tests ran a year ago, one indicated i had a low functioning thyroid, 2 said it was normal. argh! So they wouldn't give me any slack on it, but I read up on Wilson's Syndrome which shows that blood tests may be in the normal range, but one still suffers many symtoms of hypothyroidsm along w/other symptoms that I seem to fit. I printed out a couple articles and plan on showing them to the dr. and demandind he review it

I think I need a female doc, ever notice how man male docs tend to blow off female complaints? Or they try to palm ya off w/some anti-depressants which they hand out like candy. Irritates me because women have legitimate complaints often, we're not just *****ing to hear ourselves talk!

Also Meg, we never fault the plans like Weight Watchers because the programs brainwash us into blaming ourselves for our failure. We can't stick to the plan so it must be OUR fault, right? WRONG! Our phobias are partly created by these organizations and the worst part it is, we pay for the abuse. LOL After all, we're brought up to be good girls and do as we're told and not question authority, especially if they can make us thin and beautiful. EEK!

I have a lot of hostility for such groups obviously. But I suppose they may do some folks good too, I've never seen it but maybe they do.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:00 AM   #119  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Hey all,

Just checking in - we got back this afternoon from looking at our new house again and it looks even better in the sunshine!

Anyway I can't hang around since I have a batch of cooking to do for the week! See you all tomorrow.

JC
Old 03-30-2003, 05:07 AM   #120  
Central Coast Chick

Hi everyone

It sounds like everyone has had a busy week. I've been trying to keep up but I think next week I'm going to have to take notes so I can write replys and ask questions. :lo:

I hope everyone is well. :

Jayne
Closed Thread