new here!

• hi everyone,

I am going to be starting a weight training program this week hopefully. I contacted the gym and the owner said he can set me up with a full body routine that I can do for 8 weeks and then move into a split routine.

Here's the dilemma. I attend bootcamp classes 4 days a week and kickboxing 1 day a week and I love them. I realize I will have to give some of this up but do you think dropping down to 2 bootcamp classes and the kickboxing will be enough?

I just read NROLFW and my understanding is that I don't really *need* anything else but I am hesitant to drop everything!

I also came across a really good 12 week beginner's routine that someone posted on here I believe (I can't remember)... do you think I should take that with me to the gym when I meet the owner?

Any advice for a complete NEWBIE would be appreciated! I can't wait to cut some fat and everything I read tells me this will help tremendously.

thanks!
  • How often are you going to be doing your weight training?

You probably will need to drop down some of those bootcamp and kickboxing classes and I understand being hesitant to do so. It was very hard for me to cut down on running and spin classes when I wanted to do more weight training. I tried doing all of it and it was too much. I have the time, but sometimes less is more.

Try to look at is as a quality over quantity thing The weight training will help you get better at the kickboxing and boot camp. Therefore the one or two days you go to those classes you will totally KICK BUTT! If you go too much you will wear yourself out and you won't do as well.
  • Quote: How often are you going to be doing your weight training?

You probably will need to drop down some of those bootcamp and kickboxing classes and I understand being hesitant to do so. It was very hard for me to cut down on running and spin classes when I wanted to do more weight training. I tried doing all of it and it was too much. I have the time, but sometimes less is more.

Try to look at is as a quality over quantity thing The weight training will help you get better at the kickboxing and boot camp. Therefore the one or two days you go to those classes you will totally KICK BUTT! If you go too much you will wear yourself out and you won't do as well.
    Thank you!

I am going to meet the gym owner/trainer this week so I am also anxious to see how many days a week the program will be... I think 3 or 4.

I am just anxious to get my schedule in order... I am a PLANNER! lol