3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   Please help me! I've never worked with weights before. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/244855-please-help-me-ive-never-worked-weights-before.html)

mezmerize 10-10-2011 02:22 PM

Please help me! I've never worked with weights before.

Hello
I've been away from 3Fc for a real long time. I've gained some weight back but not all. I hadn't worked with weights before. I did WATP they used hand weights while walking and that is how I lost 40lbs here on 3FC long ago.

Now I'm back and am on day 22 of Surpreme 90 System and I tell you I've never had a workout like this! I am pouring down sweat after is. It uses weights, and a ball. I'm eating healthy low fat, low sugar meal. I stay away from pasta since I gain no matter if it's whole grain. I've cut my calories to less then 1500 most days and then have 2100 to see if that that would work. No weight loss not one ounce!!!

I've never worked with weight before and all the DVD's use them so far. I use a 5LBs and 10lbs weights for my workouts. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help me. I have not clue if this is how things are when one uses weights. I have gotten into my smaller pants. I see no change other than that.

Any advice or experience would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

ddc 10-10-2011 02:29 PM

If you're muscles are sore, you may be retaining some water.
I don't see what your current weight is. Maybe 1500 is too high?
Aren't the supreme 90 workouts just 30 minutes?

I know it's frustrating to be doing a rotation and not lose any weight. Been there-done that.
In my case it was because I was eating more than I needed to.

Perhaps try cutting calories and see if that works.
Good luck :)

mezmerize 10-10-2011 02:59 PM

My weight is 211. I've not changed my ticker because I no longer have that computer also today is my 1st time back in way to long.
My muscles are sore. Yes they are 30 minute workouts.
The disk are
1.Chest and Back
2.Ultimate Ball
3.Tabata Inferno
4.Shoulders and Arms
5.Cardio Challenge
6.Legs
7.Total Body
8.Core Dymamics
9.Back and Bis
10.Chest,Shoulder and Tris
Do you think that 30 minutes isn't enough. When working with weights. Maybe I should try and add a WATP and see happens. Thanks for your advice ddc.

ddc 10-10-2011 04:43 PM

Well, I was just thinking that a 30 minute workout isn't enough to increase your calories.
Seems like you should be losing on 1500 calories, especially in three weeks.
Maybe a rest day here and there is needed ???

Hopefully someone else has some help/advice.

EagleRiverDee 10-10-2011 05:14 PM

You're on day 22, I see. I haven't done your program but I'm doing a similar one called P90X. I lost no weight in the first 30 days, but lost 13 lbs in the second 30 days of the program (it's a 90 day program). From what I've read, many women don't lose weight in the first 30 days and only start seeing weight loss in the second and third phases of the program. I would think that the same thing might apply to your program. Keep eating clean, keep an eye on your portion sizes, and keep doing your workouts and you should start seeing results soon. You already know you're losing fat because you saw your clothing size change. :)

mezmerize 10-11-2011 02:01 PM

ddc - It has rest days in the program. I want to thank you for posting. I was thinking the same thing about the calories. My husband said maybe it was too little. So that is why I mixed in a high day. I did add a WATP The Big Burn 2 Miles Of intervals. It only added an extra 30 minutes to my workout.

EagleRiverDee - It is like P90X. I have a 2of their DVDs I picked up at a rummage. (Too bad they didn't have them all) This is also an 90 day program. I was getting a little down not seeing that scale move. I now know what I'm dealing with. That will make it easy for me to step on the scale. It's funny but I don't feel I look any different body wise to fit into my pants. I did South Beach and my belly going down was very noticeable. I guess I expected to see the myself shrinking. I am stronger I did notice that. Thanks so much for the feedback!!!

EagleRiverDee 10-11-2011 03:43 PM

Mezmerize-

I have to thank you for bringing up Supreme 90. Prior to reading this thread, I had not heard of it. Now I want to check it out, because the price is way more affordable than any of the Beachbody programs. And the reviews I read today said it's a solid program.