Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 11:25 AM   #1  
Uber-Moderator!!

Thumbs down BFL/BB #70 - C3FC Week 5

Howdy y'all!

Hope you are all having a SUPER weekend! We have been pretty busy here...Friday night Jim and I babysat my nephew, who LOVES to play "Connect Four" with Jim (even though Jim beats him most of the time). Jim says to him "I'm going to ROAST your butt in this game!" and little Nixon says "Nah-uh, my butt is cold!" WHERE does he come up with that stuff???

And yesterday morning I had my riding lesson, the first one in a couple of weeks...I was smiling through the whole lesson. I really missed the horses and riding - hopefully once I get my own wheels I can hang out there more often and get some extra riding in - along with doing barn chores which by the way are real great fat burners!

Next week I start my all-new CPB. I am SO EXCITED especially after hearing your experiences with her new program. I'm hoping as well that Jim will like the recipes that are on the menus so I won't have to make him something different (usually when I make chicken I fix him some rice or something along with it).
Besides he could stand to lose some bodyfat himself

Lana - living in California...it's hard to AVOID Mexican food. Jim and I were both raised on it! Actually when we were in Canada last year by week's end, we were jonesin' for a burrito. Ya gotta have the GOOD STUFF to really appreciate it. Jim still misses the peameal bacon we had in Niagara on the Lake with breakfast - makes our 'Canadian' bacon taste like blaahhhh...

JC - didja get my PM? Let me know!

Mel - you're doing so well! I agree with you on the syrup thing. There are a lot of different sugar free brands on the shelves here right now - I buy the Cottage Grove 'cos it's only $2.39 a bottle, compared to Atkins at $7.00!!! ALL the Atkins products seem way overpriced to me. Are they all that good? I'll have to look for the Log Cabin one - I've seen the "light" version which has 40 calories/serving but not the sugar free. Guess I'll have to look harder...

Maggie - That's why I stopped doing calipers. I would get so many different readings that I just said the heck with it, and go strictly by 'look and feel' (Clothes size and mirror/photos). However I MIGHT weigh myself next week at the start of CPB, and then the day before I leave for London. Like Mel, the scale doesn't budge very quickly for me...so I'd rather just trust in the size tag on my jeans! If I ever got to a size 2 it would be a miracle though. I'm happy at a 4, but want a lot more leg definition! Patience, hard work and most of all NUTRITION - which is the tough part for me - are what make that happen!

I'm going to make myself a Pamcake right now...later all!
Old 09-29-2002, 02:34 PM   #2  

Default just a lovely day...

Hi ladies!
I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, it was quiet around here the past couple of days.

I made a ton of chicken breasts in the oven today with the foil, I think it's Rich's recipe from L&S? All I can say is OH MY GOSH!! Why have I been wasting my time poaching chicken for so long? That was the easiest, most delicious way to stockpile chicken breasts. No clean up, no babysitting, just easy delish chicken. I made 9 breasts...3 with garlic, lemon and ginger; 3 with mexican seasoning, lemon and garlic; and 3 with garlic and salt and pepper. Some free day I think I'll do the Mexican recipe and make some burritos and enchiladas with all the fixins Sorry, just can't escape the pull of Mexican food...

BTW, Happy Anniversary Mrs Jim! I do hope you and Jim have a lovely dinner out.

I started my higher cal zig zag today. I have decided that I'm going to go what I call the "cnik" route (cnik from L&S), working out hard and heavy and eating lots of clean clean food to make muscles. I'm going to build the muscle and let the fat melt off and not worry about the scale or the calipers. I'm just going to do measurements, pictures and the pants-o-meter. I want bigger arms and more definition in my legs.

I'm going to post a new recipe in the recipes thread for homemade corn tortilla chips. You can eat a lot of them for not many carbs. A little processed but okay every so often!

Take care!
Old 09-29-2002, 07:57 PM   #3  
Mel

Default Is it monday yet?

This week end has been dreadful- Tribble , our super affectionate Burmese cat died suddenly Saturday at noon. She was only about 6 years old, but her kidneys failed all of a sudden. So sad....then I started but having a "free sample" of chocolate biscotti at Whole Foods ( which ought to be renamed " Really Tempting Fattening Foods Cleverly Marketed", which just set up cravings for the rest of the day. A martini ( my first drink in 12 weeks), a bucket of popcorn, and a large bowl of ice cream and a candy bar later, and you might as well have buried me with the cat.

Let's just say those new jeans don't go on today. However, got my new menus from Pam, and judging from the number of cucmbers, tomatoes and bags of lettuce and eggs I bought, the damage should be pretty short term. If your menus look like mine, Karen, you're gonna be doing a lot of extra cooking for Jim. My son looked at the 8" high pile of cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce and 1 shredded checken breast sittin atop it, and said seriously" Mom, if you eat all that, you'll never lose weight" I was still sitting there chewing cucumbers when dh and ds had both finished their meals.

The Log Cabin syrup is pretty cheap, BTW. The only Atkins thing I've ever bought is a hazelnut syrup the I use literally 1 drop of in my coffee every morning. Just to make it smell good. Can't even taste it, but the smell is enough to fool me.

Well ladies- onto week 5???

Susan- where are you? How're you holding up?

mel
Old 09-29-2002, 08:35 PM   #4  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Talking What a champion!

MEL!!! You lose your poor kitty and you are asking about how Susan is? You are a real gem gurly! I am so sorry for your loss and I totally understand the free food thing. I would be a dribbling mess if either of my dogs died, I don't even think I would be able to go to work.
I know what you mean by food also - I was shopping last weekend for my food - we nearly had to get a second trolley but that's besides the point - and hubby was grabbing the lettuce and he yelled to me how much do you need? I looked at the list and said "1.3 kgs hone" - to which he just stared at me and said - how much was that again??? Yeah I know it worked out to 6 whole lettuces just for me. He looked at me dead serious and said - babe, you can't eat that much lettuce in one week! I strolled over to him and said just bag it baby! I can't believe how much lettuce is in the fridge at the moment.

My Party on Saturday night was good. I didn't drink of course (too many calories in alcohol) but I did have a piece of cake. My friends from soccer got me the best present ever - a night flight over Sydney harbour for 2 hours followed by dinner! Ray and I are going to have the best time! I love flying. Anyway we had two late nights in a row (1am and 3am) and last night I wore the wrong thing to bed and was wondering at 2am why I wasn't sleeping (I was too hot) so I got up and stripped and slept soundly until 6am.

I got up for weights this morning and did Pam's new routine for me and it killed me! I did my first lot of moderate cardio yesterday and it was awesome but whoever said it was an adjustment - was right! I wasn't sure what to do so I decided to start running and just work out a pace that would keep my heart rate at 75% of max as Pam suggested. Anyway it was a really comfortable jog so I decided to do 40 minutes as suggested (40-60mins) and see how I went. Well at 40 minutes I was still feeling great so I went on and did the whole 60 minutes. By the time I finished my foot was asleep and my butt was starting to really burn - it was awesome! Anyway I stepped off the treadmill after an hour and I had run 8kms or 5 miles non-stop! I was floored - I had no idea I could run that far!

Syrup - the one I get sent over is vermont brand I think - 1/4 cup on has 10 calories (I use 1/8th cup)

Moxie: those chicken breasts are yummy aren't they?

MrsJim: Congratulations on the anniversay - mine is in 3 weeks as well! I had a burrito last night in my menu and geez it was yummy! I had no idea it would taste so good - even with 1.5 whole bell peppers in it! I chopped them up really finely and then mixed a little salsa with them and it was delicious. I got your PM by the way and responded a little while a go. Thanks for that.

Well I had better do some work!

I hope that everyone is well!! Where's thunder??

JC
Old 09-30-2002, 08:38 AM   #5  

Mel: I am so sorry about your kitty.

I have 3 furfaced putty tats and they are all about 3-4 years old (1999 was the year of the "new kitten"). I am sorry to hear of your loss.

We are thinking of you.

MrsJim: Happy Anniversary!!!

As for me, I am sick as a dog (despite the zinc and all the other remedies). I went to Dallas for a callback weekend. Meaning that me and 12 other candidates went down for interviews and were wined and dined by the firm later on in the evening. The day lasted from 9 am to midnight. I not only went there with a cold but the Texas ragweed did me in as soon as I got there. It was insultto injury. I was just so sick. I couldn't hear, I couldn't talk and I could barely breathe. I was in such bad straits all wkend that I doubt very much I will get an offer. I was the old sick person. Put me on an ice floe and set me out to sea!
The younger, non sick people were chatty and flitting from place to place. I was pretty ill. I am still ill and I have to go to school in a bit.

I didn't eat much over the weekend so I didn't have to worry about clean/not clean. I am not hungry AT ALL. I also am not working out because I have no strength and no energy.

I have to be in school until noon and then I am coming home and getting back in to bed.

sniffle,
Susan
Old 09-30-2002, 10:28 AM   #6  

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME A LITTLE ABOUT BODY FOR LIFE?? I AM INTERESTED IN BECOMING HEALTHY AND ACTIVE-NOT DRUGS, EXTREMLY LO CAL'S OR COUNTING EVERY LITTLE CALORIE/FAT, ETC.

MESSAGE TO MELIRIS:
MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY. AS YOU CAN TELL, I LOVE KITTIES! AM FAMILIAR WITH BURMESE, AND UNLESS YOU'VE HAD ONE, YOU CAN'T TOTALLY COMPREHEND THEIR APPEAL. I TOO HAD A FOUR LEGGED LOVED ONE PASS AWAY TOTALLY UNEXPECTEDLY-IT IS AWFUL!! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THEIR ARE SOOO MANY KITTIES THAT NEED A LOVING HOME LIKE YOURS...WHEN YOU ARE READY. MANY LOCAL HUMANE SOCIETIES WILL PUT YOUR NAME ON A LIST FOR SPECIFIC BREEDS AND CALL YOU WHEN ONE IS SURRENDERED. MY 'YOUNGEST' IS A RUSSIAN BLUE WHICH I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! VERY AFFECTIONATE BREED ALSO.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:18 PM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Happy Monday!!!

How's everyone doing today??

Mel: I am SO SORRY for your loss...remember though, that Tribble is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge - you'll see him again someday, I'm sure of that! http://www.tierrescue.org/bridge.htm
Quote:
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our
special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our
friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing:
they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes
when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group,
flying over the green grass, faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face;
your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into those trusting eyes,
so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

*Author Unknown*
Momcat - WELCOME! If you haven't already done so, check out the 'sticky' at the top of the BFL/BB forum for some general info and links. I also heartily recommend that you procure the book - you can probably find it at your local library. (A gentle reminder as well: Typing in ALL CAPS equals shouting - didn't know if you were aware of that).

Susan - hope you feel better. Traveling whilst feeling like total crapola is definitely NOT fun. Rest up!

JC - you are making me SO excited to get the new routine from Pam! I can't wait to start!!!

Mel again - Well, actually Jim has been eating pretty much crap most of the time. McDonald's, Taco Bell, bagel dogs, chicken pot pies, Grape nuts, etc. He said he doesn't want me to bother making two separate meals. What a sweetie - but he could stand to eat A LOT healthier!

We had a great free day yesterday - Jim's getting a band together and we had a guitarist come by to audition. I liked his style a lot - plus he's a columnist for my favorite paper, the San Francisco Chronicle, which I've been reading since 1st grade! After the guy split we went to Celia's and chowed down, then went grocery shopping. Later on we stopped by Yumi for our weekly frozen yogurt fix. So I'm back on plan today!

Oh well, back to the grind!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:56 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Angry

Hello girls,

Mel ~ sooooo sorry to hear about your cat.... I love cats too...

MrsJ ~ great poem....and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Moxiegirl ~ love your journal I had a peak at it... I just may copy your workout....I need something new....

SusanJe ~ hope your are feeling better soon...

JEC ~ your new plan sounds great.... and VERY filling.... I think that may be my problem I don't eat enough....

Mommycat ~~WELCOME to our world...

I am back on track today.... I had 4-5 days in a row where I could not control myself... I had to really talk to myself last night to get it back on track... I MUST loose....and I feel so much better when I eat properly.....

Anyway, I's gots to go ... Later all.....
Old 09-30-2002, 05:10 PM   #9  
mox

Post Howdy.

Mel: I'm also sorry to hear about your cat It's always so hard to lose a beloved pet. I still miss my dog, who died 10 years ago.

Susan: Sounds like a bad weekend to have to meet and greet. I've been in a similar situation -- trying to impress when I feel like crap. It's good that your listening to your body, though, and taking it a little easy.

Everyone else sounds like they're doing pretty well. I had a good weekend, although a little too free on free day. I've reined myself in, though, and am looking forward to a very clean week.

I have 4 more weeks for my 1st challenge. I can feel a definite (positive) difference in how my clothes fit. But, I don't know about lbs. lost, because I decided to tackle the scale monster -- I put my scale away until the end of the challenge. I'll give a full report on lbs. and inches lost then. So, that's motivating me to stick with the program. I want some big numbers to brag about in a month.

I also ordered the Body Revival book recommended by MrsJim. I always need some extra motivation, and I'm hoping it'll give me some workout suggestions for post-1st challenge. I'm thinking about whether I want to do another BFL challege (although maybe only 10 weeks, so I can have Christmas week off), or a Camp Pam-type thing, or what. Any thoughts?

Hope everyone is hanging in there. Mox

P.S. Welcome Mommycat -- I'm a novice at this BFL thing as well, but really appreciate the support and advice given by the other people here. I think you'll like it. M
Old 09-30-2002, 05:57 PM   #10  

Just popping in real quick - trying to play catch up. Been out of town.

MrsJim - Happy Anniversary! Hope it was swell! Love that poem! I've seen it before - brought tears to my eyes the first time I read it and again here. I think if you're an animal lover - it touches you.

Mel - What can I say - I'm so sorry for your loss! I've had animals all my life and it never gets any easier. They are a part of your family - and in our house four legged family are sometimes more welcome then the two legged variety! I've buried them all in my heart - each one's unique personality. Sending you big hugs and prayers to heal.

Susanje - Take care of yourself - hope your better soon!

All you gals are simply awesome! Such enthusiasm - speaking of animals - you all remind me of those tenacious Jack Russell Terriers - had a couple of them too! Taught me lots about life! Hmmm - need to pull out those lessons!
Old 09-30-2002, 05:58 PM   #11  
Mel

Default Thank you all for sweet condolences

about my kitty. Well, the family's kitty. The dog is mine. But I do miss her, and the dog keeps running around the house looking for her favorite play-toy. The "Rainbow Bridge" poem is lovely- I think you posted that once before, karen. I have to tell you, tho- the bridge between Niagara Falls NY and Niagara Falls, Ontario is called the Rainbow Bridge because is goes so close to the falls and all the mist creates a rainbow on sunny days. But both towns are 2 of THE TACKIEST places to mar the face of the earth! So when I first read it, I pictured Tribble sitting curled up in the rainbow mist, but the next image was of the mcD's and Madame Toussauds Wax Museum! YUK!

Anyway, I was back on track Sunday, feeling like a carb-out slug, and today's been 100% with an awesome chest and tri workout. Hit a couple of new PR's with weights (must be all those carbs from Saturday).

Anybody else find they can barely gag down CPB "dinners"? I'm on the 5 meal a day plan, and the volume is staggering. It's all real calorically light, but there is so much of it I can hardly look at the plate.

Mox: If you are still doing well with BFL, I'd suggest sticking with it for another challenge. Or do the BFL nutrition if it's working for you and try a split workout. I do a 4 day split that I really enjoy- gives you a little more time to work on specific muscle groups.

Susan- Sorry you are so sick, must have been a pretty horrid weekend . With all that ragweed, you don't really want to live and work in Texas, do you? You sounded so happy when you were in NY I thought you'd want to head back east.

JC- Your lettuce story cracked me up! I can't even buy it all at once. The fridge just won't hold all "my" food as well as family food. When I was doing BFL nutrition, they basically ate what I did with some extras. But giant plates of lettuce with squash, vinegar and chicken breasts is where they drew the line. Now it's like the years that my grandmother lived with me and I had to cook 2 seperate meals most of the time.

Can't remember who else mentioned the Dave Draper book- mine arrived Saturday and I've been hip-hopping thru it. I love the way he writes. after reading his women and menopause chapter, I feel like less of a failure for not being able to have a sleek middle. Still will work for it, but now I understand why it's so #*!!ing hard for me.

mel
Old 09-30-2002, 09:03 PM   #12  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Talking hello hello hello!

Another fine day in sunny Sydney! Not much time right now so I will keep it short.

Susan: sorry to hear that you are ill sweety! I hope you feel better soon.

Momcat - Nice to meet you!

MrsJim: the new menu is awesome and it is more food than I was eating before - especially veggies. My pants are feeling looser already and I tripped on the bottom of one pair of pants last night because the back edge was on the ground which only means one thing! they are hanging lower on my body so my hips are slimming again. I think it's all the running I am doing. Pam wrote to me and said that I should be aiming for the final 15% BF now and that I should look awesome because I have a good muscle base. What a gem she is! I was having a bit of trouble focusing on the future because I don't know what I am going to end up looking like! It's hard not to have a role model, I want someone with the same bodyshape so that I can realistically strive for it. Do you know what I mean?

Lana: I would definately say that most people don't eat enough and I don't mean protein or complex carbs - I mean fibrous veggies etc. I ate 2 VERY large salads yesterday and I couldn't believe how much they filled me up!

Thunder: NICE to see you! I love Jack Russell's my neighbour has 2 of them. They actually grew up with my Beagles so my boys are probably more energetic than normal Beagles. Jack Russell's are like little grey hounds when they run!

Mel: Yeah my dinner last night was incredible, I tried to read while I was eating so I just kept shovelling it in my mouth without noticing and then when I was nearly finished I only noticed so it didn't 'think' like I had eaten that much. That's why I posted the quote on L&S from my co-worker because my meals were huge yesterday. I seriously wasn't eating enough veggies before. I really get the feeling that the weight is going to drop off now.

Hubby is threatening to turn on the back fridge now (garage) so he has some room for his food somewhere! I think it may be a good idea. I know what you mean by certain bodyparts being so hard to slim - for me it's my hips and thighs. But I think that with Pam's program - I have a chance now!

Well I hope everyone is doing well - I have to go to the mall and get some more Protein powder (Special Tuesday).

Take care all!!!

JC (aka rabbit )
Old 09-30-2002, 10:36 PM   #13  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hello,

I have been following your progress since you started your challenge. I need a new approach to dieting and this looks like the ticket. Thanks so much to you who answered my newbie ?'s and invited me to join you on this thread.

I started the challenge on Sunday but I am a day out of sync with exercise, I didn't start that until today. It was TOUGH, I quit after the 3rd exercise but finished my sequence tonight. I think I have all the equipment I need for the moment, it is in my dingy, dusty basement so some cleaning and straightening and cheering up the space is a priority to getting all of the exercise elements in place.

I'll post my menu for today. Maybe you guys could trouble shoot me a little?

Breakfast: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites scrambled w/ about a T. of 2% lowfat cheese and oatmeal with 1/4 cup skim milk and sweet and low

Snack: Clif Bar, green tea - this clif bar had 230 cal., 10g protein and 39g carbs. (This is a meal that I eat on my commute to work, it is a little early but the last chance to eat before lunch and I do get up and eat breakfast very early so it is about 2 hrs. after 1st meal)

Lunch: Baked chicken breast (that yummy recipe found on this site), kale and mustard greens sauteed w/ garlic, 1/2 sweet potato

Snack: Cottage cheese and pineapple

Snack: MetX bar this had 300 cal. , 25g carb and 34 grams protein (before this I am fading fast, I am driving home and thinking what to make and really just wanting to eat NOW, I had planned to broil some salmon and find a carb but decided to eat something quick and make last meal of the day my major supper meal.)

Nap cause I really needed it!

Supper: Big green salad with spring lettuces and spinach, green pepper, carrot, onion, mushrooms, tomato, and 3 oz of tuna with about 1 T Ranch dressing and red wine vinegar, cracked pepper and salt. Cantaloupe.

I have a lot of weight to lose. I am not a stranger to strength training but more in the vein of the workouts on Firm Videos of late. There have been periods in my life when I did circuit training. I have enjoyed the feeling of worked out muscles today as I flex my upper body.

I am so excited about this challenge. It should end the week before Christmas which I think is great timing. I am hoping for some great results!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:11 PM   #14  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Default Hey ledom....

Since I am around at the moment I thought I would help you out.

Firstly, I just wanted to establish that you are trying to do the BFL program by the book? If so (which it sounds like you are) then the following advice if BFL which doesn't mean that that is what I am necessarily doing ok? But I did do 2 challenges BFL style so I kinda have a good idea on it.

I would say that BFL is more an approach to life and lifestyle than another diet. The changes aren't just physical on this program a lot of them are mental which I am sure that a lot of those who have succeeded would agree with me. So if you are looking for a quick fix or something to do for a few months and then go back to old habits again then I suggest this may not be for you. If you are looking for a healthy lifestyle with loads of energy and feeling fit then this is DEFINATELY for you. I hope it is btw.

The exercise is tough at first but believe me you body adjusts quickly. Keep going at it and trying to complete the workouts with good form. If you start slow and easy then you are less likely to injure yourself, don't worry your strength will catch up with you.

As for the food;
breakfast - there isn't enough protein in this meal. An egg is 7 grams of protein and an egg white is 3.5 gms. So if you had about 4 egg whites and a full egg you would be ok. Also, go easy on the cheese and milk, some people find it doesn't help their progress and cut it back - but it's your choice. Oatmeal is a great carb but make sure there isn't any added sugar in it.

Bars: I don't like bars for during the week but I do understand the convenience of them. They are full of junk normally and not enough protein so I would substitute them with real food or some protein powder and a piece of fruit.

Lunch: Sounds yummy! Make sure that 1/2 baked potato is a big enough portion size for you though.

Cottage cheese and pineapple - is another great meal - well done!

The only major concern would be veggies! You need to add some more veggies in there. The veggies at supper are great but what about during the day?

Supper - looks delicious also!

I know how you feel when you have a lot of weight to lose - but could you quantify what 'a lot' is? There are a few of us here that have lost a lot or need to including myself so I just wanted to clarify. So far I have lost over 50 lbs and have about another 20-30 to go.

Look forward to seeing you around more!

JC

PS Karen did I do ok????
Old 09-30-2002, 11:43 PM   #15  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default JEC

Thanks! That was very helpful. I have a question - how many grams and carbs per meal? Oh yes, I am going by the book. I am new to the lifestyle and am trying to take it (the book) very literally. I can tell by reading posts on this thread that you guys have been through this and have 'advanced' to some new techniques.

Well, I sure hope this will turn into a way of life. I have posted here at 3fc forever. I have followed the Prevention Millennium Diet for almost 3 years, initially losing 35 lbs. but lately I have lost my discipline and I feel some of those lbs. creeping back. It is time for something new and improved. I am used to 6 meals spaced thoughout the day but the way things are counted are much different. For instance beans are considered a protein on PMD and I have eaten a lot of beans in the last years.

Honestly, I think I need to lose about 100 lbs., I am in good shape for a fat person though. I have hiked the hilly trails in my home town (central Arkansas) weekly for about 10 years and I have been kayaking for about 1 1/2 years (my passion by the way). I have good muscle tone albeit covered w/ way too much fat. I am in good health though at almost 49 I am really aware of the fact that I need to get the lbs. off. By the way, I just read this weeks issue of People, the story about Oprah and her new svelte self. Just think of her and I would say my weight history has pretty much paralleled hers. I got a kick out of her quote "50 is the new 30" - I relate! I digress.

One more ?. About milk, should it be avoided entirely? I can see that calcium would be taken care of with cottage cheese. I would like about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup a day to moisten oatmeal and to put in coffee, but will rethink that if it is forboden.

It is success stories such as yours that has really gotten me interested in BFL. I have about given up the hope that I could really lose all the weight I need to. I do feel very motivated by the success you ladies are having.
Closed Thread