Bodybuilding Recipes

You're on Page 4 of 10
Go to
  • Here is a WW recipe that I found. What modifications do you think need to be made? Thanks!

> 1 lb lean ground beef
    > 2 cans shoepeg corn
    > 1 can each: black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans
    > 1 can rotel
    > 1 can tomatoes (I usually get diced tomatoes b/c I don't like the big chunks)
    > 1 pkg taco seasoning
    > 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
    > 2 cups water
    >
    >
    > Brown and drain the ground beef. Add all of the ingredients in a BIG pot and bring to a boil. Let simmer 15 minutes. I sometimes crumble some tortilla chips in the bottom of the bowl and serve the soup over it. I have also served this over rice and put cheese on top (of course, that adds calories).

>
    > I know this makes at least 10-1 cup servings. Wes and I can make one pot and eat off of it for a week. It also freezes well.
  • What's rotel???
  • Rotel is a brand name for canned tomatoes. They also contain diced green chili peppers.

http://www.texmex.net/Rotel/main.htm

That recipe looks pretty high carb to me, plus I'm not sure about the packaged seasonings.

Laura
  • Looks like too many hidden calories and not enough protein. Also the sodium would be high from all the canned goods in it.

Maybe MrsJim could clean it up for ya!

JC
  • Pams brownies w/ protein powder
    Doesn't cooking that protein powder destroy most of the protein? I use Kents' recipe which is pretty much the same, but calls for 16 egg whites and no protein powder, 1 add an extra 1/2c. CC and 1/2c. Fiber 1 and it makes 4 servings for me.
    mel
  • Mel, How do your brownies turn out? Using the recipe posted, mine were dry and not very good at all. I think I may try another batch using the subs you recommend and see how they are.
    Cheryl
  • Hm. I've NEVER had any luck with brownies, so I haven't even attempted the recipe. Mine always come out like bricks. Probably a temperature thing. Betty Crocker I ain't!

Now about that recipe that Carrie posted eons ago (you can tell I'm playing catch-up right now huh??) let's see those ingredients again!!!

> 1 lb lean ground beef
    > 2 cans shoepeg corn
    > 1 can each: black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans
    > 1 can rotel
    > 1 can tomatoes (I usually get diced tomatoes b/c I don't like the big chunks)
    > 1 pkg taco seasoning
    > 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
    > 2 cups water
    >
    Hah. I'm guessing that WW doesn't care much about sodium counts...since generally taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix are LOADED with salt. I don't recall as ever seeing low-sodium versions but then again, this isn't the kind of stuff I buy anyway.

Let's see what we can do...

1 lb ground extra lean turkey breast
    frozen corn kernels ("2 cans"? What size can is that?)
    1 can each: black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans (This is OK IMO, just buy the low-sodium beans and rinse them throughly to get the brine off them)
    1 can rotel (love that stuff! JC - Ro-Tel is awesome!)
    1 can tomatoes (I usually get diced tomatoes b/c I don't like the big chunks) (I personally buy the Ready-Cut low-sodium tomatoes - good stuff - again what size can is that?
    1 pkg taco seasoning (hm - how about chili powder and Tabasco sauce? The Ro-Tel is pretty spicy anyway)
    1 pkg ranch dressing mix (this is a toughie - I'd play around with different seasonings a bit)
    > 2 cups water
  • Last night I was hungry for a good old fashion roasted chicken.... I knew how to roast it I just needed the spices so I did a search anc came up with this recipe which I adapted to be healthy...

Combine:

2 teaspoons rosemary leaves, finely crushed
    3/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
    1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning ( I had none of this so I used 1/4 tsp garlic powder and freshly ground pepper)
    1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves

I mixed all these spices and added to it some extra virgin olive oil to make a paste.... I then rubbed it all over the chicken even between the skin and breast and cooked till done on the thermometer... it was delicious... I did not eat the skin...
  • Found some CC recipies on Krista Smashes site Niffer told me about, today I tried it just one part CC and 1 part Tuna... What an awesome dip! I just added a bit of garlic powder and dry thyme ate it with celery sticks, and some WW crackers ( I know not on program, but that's all I had)...

Here's the site they have other good ideas for our versatile CC,
    http://www.stumptuous.com/cottage.html...

Later all...
  • Oh forgot to mention I used my hand mixer to make CC and tuna...
  • hey Lana!!

i also spent some time on Krista's site this weekend and i downloaded the entire cottage cheese web page !! i love cottage cheese straight out of the container, so it'll be a great addition to try some of these out.

thanks for the *review* of the recipes.

oh that chicken sounds fabulous !! i make it very similar to that too, with some roasted sweet potatoes........ yummiee !!

see ya,

adriana
  • Mix one can water-packed tuna with egg whites and seasonings; coat with bread crumbs; cook in pan.... It’s sooo simple it's almost ridiculous... For the seasonings I used lemon pepper... I guess any herb or spice that is good with tuna will work... Yesterday I used salmon instead of tuna and I personally preferred tuna...
  • Oven-Fried Sesame Chicken

Found in M&F Mar. 03 issue...

2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
    4 (4 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    3 tbsp sesame seeds
    2 tbsp all purpose flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Butter flavoured non stick cooking spray...

Preheat oven to 450 F. Place soy sauce in a shallow dish and add chicken, turning to coat. Remove chicken from soy sauve and discard sauce. Combine sesame seeds and next three ingredients in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat chicken. Place shicken in a 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spray top of chicken with butter-flavoured cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes or until centre of chicken is no longer pink.. Makes 4 servings...

Per serving:
    216 calories
    31 g protein
    5 g carbs
    8 g fat
  • I love to make beef stew in the crock pot. I use lean cuts of beef, some potatoes, carrots, onions. That would be a legal meal, right?

Last night, I sliced some zuchinni in small strips, sauteed it in some olive oil and garlic and it was very good. But don't cook it for too long or else you will have baby food.
  • Your stew sounds delicious, just remember to measure out your potatoes and meat separately to get your full portions of pro and carbs... and be careful with the gravy....

I've had the zuchinni and garlic... it's very very good.....