Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 02:25 AM   #1  
Vegetarian

Default Mrs. Jim, Kashi question...

Hello Mrs. Jim,

How are you doing? Well I remember some time ago reading your posts about Kashi cereal? Can you tell me more about it? I am a vegetarian and would like to try this cereal, but I am unsure of what it is. Thanks so much!

Christy
Old 07-14-2002, 09:07 AM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Christy - are you on BFL or a similar bodybuilding program? Just curious...we do have several vegetarian BFLers at www.leanandstrong.com - and perhaps one or two here at 3FC.

Kashi makes several types of cereal. The best one by far is the hot Kashi pilaf - no sugar and 6g fiber - all whole grains.

The GoLean line isn't so great - despite the clever marketing. Yes, it does taste pretty darn good - esp the Go Lean Crunch cereal. But there is WAY too much sugar in it IMO. After doing bodybuilding/BFL nutrition for over a year, I've learned a LOT that I didn't know before - about the importance of lean protein for fat-loss and muscle growth - and how bad sugar REALLY is for you (unfortunately so many of the 'diet' products out on the market these days are LOADED with sugar!).

So my advice would be - if you are trying to lose fat and want to try Kashi, stick to the original hot pilaf cereal and skip the other processed stuff!
Old 07-14-2002, 11:23 AM   #3  
Vegetarian

Thanks alot Mrs. Jim! I am going to try that.
I am not on BFL right now, though I did do it after the birth of my first daughter with great success. I think I know all there is to know about BFL, lol, since also my husband lives the BFL life daily for the last 4-5 years.

Thanks again for responding! Do you buy yours at the regular grocery store? Or do you have to find it at a health food store?

Christy
Old 07-14-2002, 01:07 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

I've seen it at all my local grocery stores - I shop regularly at Safeway BTW.

Feel free to drop by our little BFL community here or at www.leanandstrong.com anytime!
Closed Thread