3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   BFL: Apr 13-19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/169115-bfl-apr-13-19-a.html)

sportmom 04-13-2009 11:34 AM

BFL: Apr 13-19

Hi all!

Well, I got in a major lbwo and lb housecleaning workout yesterday and got a new low on the scale today. Today is an ubwo for me, no cardio, but my legs - even tho they got worked yesterday - are screaming that 'we need to be exercised' song. Kind of achy, crampy, but not the same as doms.

I realize some of you will be finishing up with week 12 this week - is there anyone still here who started originally and is on week 12 now? As you guys know, I lost my way in week 9 and went back and repeated weeks 8 and 9 and am now firmly and successfully in week 10. So 3 more weeks for me. But strangely enough, I've been thinking very little about the weeks left or week number I'm on since I got back on track. I didn't even realize I was no longer thinking of it that way until yesterday when I wasn't sure for a moment what week I was on and how much was left. I was saying to myself, well, a lifetime is left, it's no longer like I'm stretching to complete a race, it just IS. That was a pretty cool realization.

Have a good week everyone!

Ilene 04-13-2009 01:32 PM

I'm like you sportsmom, it's a lifestyle and I'm sticking with it...

Saturday and Sunday were clean eatings but not portioned control, so the scale was up today. Up from what I really don't know because I weigh the same as when I started 12 weeks ago :shrug: too many of these unreliable days, my own fault...

Today is a good day, I did some Yoga this morning, I will run this afternoon it's really nice out, a bit on the cool side but :sunny:, my favourite kind of day...

Onward and downward this week :yes: ... Summer and short season is coming way too fast....

dixied 04-13-2009 04:31 PM

I have no idea what week I'm on, so we'll just assume it's week 1 all over again. :o I'm having a problem today, someone keeps stuffing Dove chocolate eggs in my mouth :mad:.....wait, that's me. I'm stress eating, and I know it. I've got to get back on track. No workout yet today for me. The pollen fairy has blanketed this area and it's all I can do to remain upright with the various drugs I've taken (OTC allergy, not recreational ;)), I slept in until 7 vs. getting up at 4:15 to go to the gym. The next 2 weeks I'll be covering for a co-worker, so I'll be stressed out.

midwife 04-13-2009 05:03 PM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one making poor food choices lately. Those in the Meal thread know my challenge stringing on plan days together. But today is a new day and a new week and so far so good.

Do we want to keep a separate meal thread going?

Dixie, sometimes ya just gotta sleep in. Hope the symptoms improve soon.
Fran, great job with the strength gains!

Ilene, I can't believe 12 weeks have gone by. What a lesson! I'm braving the scale in the am....but I sure havent't improved much. My goal was the size small scrub pants and I didn't even try them on. I'm discouraged with my food choices. I don't know why I do that to myself. But today is good.

dixied 04-14-2009 03:50 PM

Great lbwo this morning, still not totally with it on food choices. I'm going to make myself so sick if I keep it up that I may never want to eat again. :D

sportmom 04-14-2009 04:08 PM

Dee, what's going on in your head that you want to eat this junk instead of seeing a new number on the scale this week or a new size in your pants?

:kickbutt:

dixied 04-14-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportmom (Post 2698072)
Dee, what's going on in your head that you want to eat this junk instead of seeing a new number on the scale this week or a new size in your pants?

Thanks Fran. :hug: I really don't know why I'm eating like this all of a sudden. I'm a long time stress eater, so I think the combination of a couple of disagreements with Jeff, and work issues are causing it to flare up. From this point on everything I put in my mouth is going to be a choice. I did not work this hard to regain the weight over one week. :p

Ilene 04-14-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportmom (Post 2698072)

DITTO!!!
:nono:

Yesterday was a good day but I woke up to a scale number that is higher than when I started this challenge :faint: ... go figure :rolleyes:

Today was a good day, ran for 30 mins this afternoon and will do LBWO tonight.. It's all good :D

dixied 04-14-2009 05:28 PM

:tape: <---- That's me now. No more eating whatever I want or eating junk just becuase it's there. I finally figured it out when I looked at my calendar. It's PMS. Sometime within the next 7-10 days TOM is due. I spent so many years with 36-42 day cycles (the one symptom of PCOS I loved) that this every 28 day thing is really throwing me for a curve. Once I lost the majority of the extra weight, my cycle became more regular, but the PMS seems worse because now it's every month. I should have figured it out when I wanted something salty.

sportmom 04-14-2009 05:37 PM

Same here Dee. I didn't have pcos, but bc of the extra weight (fat cells release & store estrogen) I never was prompted to ovulate. Now I'm a 28 day'er and it's weird.

Look, I'm only so hard on you bc you're a BFL convert and a fellow bluey. We have alot in common and have to stick together thruout this, right?!! Just walk away from the eggs - you absolutely can do some serious damage in a few days, just think about my week 8/9 redo. If that's what you want to do then fine, but do it over some steak and baked potatoes, not over junky candy that doesn't really taste all that good anyway. :D Love Ya!

midwife 04-14-2009 09:28 PM

I've been struggling too, Dee, and have been very annoyed and arguing with myself and avoiding the scale. I drew the line in the sand today and got back on the scale. Today is Day 2 POP. I know it is hard, but you can do it. Can you throw the candy away?

BTW, I started a slightly different accountability thread for this week and wanted to post a link here, so here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169173

dixied 04-15-2009 02:29 PM

Checking in while I can today. Yesterdays kick in the pants was just what I needed, I've been POP today.

midwife 04-15-2009 10:34 PM

:bravo: Way to go!!

Ilene 04-15-2009 11:24 PM

:woohoo: :woohoo: Dixied!!

dixied 04-16-2009 05:32 PM

Day 2 of the Easter Egg Detox is going well. I was down a pound this morning, but I still have several to go before I hit my "holding" weight.