Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Joined a gym

So I've been working on my weight loss since March 13, and lost 14 pounds. (I know it'll slow down, and probably a lot of it is water weight, but I still like it.) So far I've just been trying to eat right, and working out on my elliptical and doing pilates videos.

Well last month, a new gym opened in town. I pass right by it every day to and from work, and have been toying with the idea of joining. They have a big sign up advertising $10 a month membership fee, which is pretty awesome. Then yesterday, a friend at work said he signed up for it, and said this week they're running a special, $1 member activation instead of $39. That clinched it for me. I signed up online this morning, and will be stopping by this afternoon for my first workout.
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #2  
I aim to misbehave

S/C/G: 225/tick/175

Congrats! That's an awesome loss!
Riverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #3  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on the weight loss so far! Gotta love the first 2 weeks or so, woosh! That's okay, though, cuz everything from here on out is mostly fat, so that's exciting, too!

WTG on the gym membership! Does this mean you're going to start lifting?
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #4  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Lachelle: Congrats as a new gym member. Just think, you just accomplished what I think is the most difficult part of losing weight. If not the most difficult then one of the steps that takes the most inertia. You seized the moment to make the "thought" of joining a gym into actually signing up.

Now use that momentum to it's fullest. Make a point to get there today! Don't let any excuses fall in your way.

By the way, great job with the weight loss. Weight loss is certainly important but the lifestyle changes you are incorporating through intentional exercise will make sure that you continue toward you personal goal. Enjoy your success!
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Thanks guys!
I signed my husband up with me. Yesterday I went and did cardio; today we're both going to go, and do some lifting.
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote