Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/138

Height: 5'3"

Default Put in Diet Thread...maybe should be here?

I put a request in the diet thread but have gotten no response. I notice there are a lot of post on BFL on this thread so maybe that is where I need to post this. I have ordered the book, I have started weightlifting and cardio, now I just need a jumpstart on my diet. Can someone recommend what I need to eat till my book arrives? Thanks in advance for ANY help I can get.
CannieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

have you looked at the website?
http://bodyforlife.com/nutrition/index.asp
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #3  

No, thank you so much!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #4  

Ok, I went there....now I'm confused??? It gives sample menus but is there a place that tells you how many servings of each food group you are to have each day. I may just be totally missing it...I feel really stupid!! Sorry.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/157/160

These are the foods to choose from:

http://bodyforlife.com/nutrition/foodlist.asp

The pros of the BFL system is in its simplicity. Just small, frequent meals 5-6 per day consisting of a portion of lean protein about the size of a deck of cards and a fist-size portion of carbohydrates and some vegetable. Choose foods from that list. Make sure you get about 10 glasses of water a day. Your fats will come primarily from the amounts that are contained within the lean proteins plus a couple of tablespoons of healthy fats from the list. For most people, the need for calorie counting is eliminated just by following a program of portion controlled, high-quality food. Others need more structure.

The plan also allows for optional free days on weekends. This is highly variable. Some people use them effectively. Others find better success with one cheat meal instead of a free day. Others, like myself, find free days and cheat meals to be a trigger to a binge and opt to not take them. This is where you will definitely need to see what works for you.

Another part where you will need to determine what works best for you is in your carb choices. Some people can handle some of the starchier carbs better than others. Others cannot. For example, I do not handle carbs that well and other than breakfast and post workout, my carbs come primarily from vegetables. If you find the plan as Rxd to not be working optimal, you might need to tweak your starchy carb intake. Again, find what works best for you.

Last edited by Depalma; 03-27-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Depalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #6  
Mel

CannieD- I found that 5-6 meals with starchy carbs were way too many starchy carbs. I'm about your height and female. Take a look at the BFL menu thread for the week in this forum- you'll get some meal ideas.

Of post a day or two of food here and we'll give you some feedback.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #7  

Wow, Depalma, did you get to your goal on the BFL program? I am impressed!!! And Mel, 7 years at or under goal!! I too want to achieve such results, I will be 50 years old July of 2010 and want to be in the best shape of my life by then. I will start posting my meals on here so they can be reviewed, again, thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Come join us at the BFL food and talk threads, we'll help you out for sure...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #9  

Ok, I will start posting Monday what my food intake is and see how it measures up. Thanks