Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default BFL -- Week 4

Well, since I think I confused everyone by asking the questions, I'm just going to go ahed and start week 4 thread. This is a very important week as we get close to hitting one month on this thing - or 1/3 of the way there! I know at this time next week we'll be able to produce stats of how our first month worked, and some of us may have photos as well. We can figure out the threads business heading into week 5.

I won't be starting a new meals thread though. I think those we can just keep posting in the current week. I know for sure that I don't want to combine the week and the meals thread for sure, just imo, bc not everyone is doing BFL in their eating plan, plus, the meals are something people need to make the choice to view and not something that they come upon when they are not mentally ready to see lists of food!!

Anyway, I'm current on the workouts but admit that I need to buckle down this week on the food and go back to 'by the book' eating. I think it takes about 3 weeks (maybe 4?) to figure out how to handle these free days. THey still don't work well for me. After going out to get breakfast yesterday and then doing some shopping, I got sick again. I should just learn - heavy meals kill! How many times must I be convinced of this!?

Have a good week everyone! Take it seriously!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Free day, UGH, sucks, screws the week up, I may eliminate for a couple of weeks. Especially the wine...

Week 4, wow how time flies ...

No work today for anyone, it's Family Day here in Canada, a new holiday they invented for a day off in February, the only month that had now holiday ... Whatever, I'll take it

I'm just studying today, I too am in the process of taking the PT course, next weekend is our first in-class course, I have a LOT of very dry reading to do, MOST if not ALL of the theory stuff goes over my little head ...

Later I will drive DS and his GF back to her town which is about an hour away...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #3  
No description available.

Family Day! How cool is that?

It's President Day here, so the kids have no school.

Well, yesterday was mostly on plan. I ate way too many M&Ms sitting up worrying about a baby. I do eat when I'm stressed. All's well now....

I want to see 149 this week. I can do this!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

It's been an all around good day ...

Nite all
Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #5  

POP for me!! And a stocked kitchen and an agreement to run at oh-dark-thirty in the am!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
....dark-thirty in the am!
Love it!! So, did you??

Last edited by Ilene; 02-17-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #7  

Yep! And it was great! So hard to get out of bed but it is always worth it.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #8  

Run/walk done here too. It's 50/50 now, so not sure what to call it! Easier than last week when I last upped the intensity, so things are moving in the right direction! Still need to do the ubwo from yesterday. Kids were off from school and one was sick and clingy, so things just didn't happen as planned. =LIFE!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #9  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Me4life -- good to see you! I had posted on the BL thread to ask you to share your BFL story. You said you had lost 50 lbs on it before your wedding? Was that in one challenge or longer?
sry i haven't been back before now but my life seems to have gotten very stressful in the last week and has calmed down...finally.

actually, no i did bfl for 20 weeks before i got married (8 years ago) so the 50 lbs. took me 20 weeks and is the most i have ever lost on any program. my current weightloss is a result of south beach but i haven't been getting any exercise in during that time so i decided to go back on bfl for the exercise part and am in the middle of week 2. i started bfl when it first came out. infact, i don't know if anyone remembers i started when they sent you the bfl video....i would watch that every morning while i road my bike (wish i still had that video...its so inspiring) anyways, i never went to the gym in that period of time so everything i did was at home with free weights. i found the eating easy...except for the free day so eventually went to having a free meal and i never planned it. i let life decide (ya know hubby wants to go to dinner time) sadly i got lazy with married life and the weight came back...although i admit it came back way slower than with any other plan i've ever done (must be the muscle)
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #10  

THanks for sharing that story! Still, 20 weeks, that's like 1 challenge plus 3/4 of a second one - 50 lbs! THat's great!! I like hearing that it didn't return as quickly even when you stopped doing it. I agree, it's not a radical plan in that you are still eating everything almost, just not as much of it.

DH is down 14 lbs in 2 weeks and I'm down 9 in 3 weeks. My weight loss slowed considerably in week 3, but that was also the week I struggled the most with the concept of "free." It was a mess. But ON! to week 4 and the countdown to doing my first set of measurement and photos!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #11  

Hi guys,

WOW! me4life...that is an amazing story!

I'm still on.. but not POP.
I have acquired a sore heel tendon and a sor elbow so I'm slowing down on the exercise. Also, foodwise I don't manage to stik to plan all that well. But I do exercise a lot more than I did, i eat a lot cleaner, I plan my meals & snacks, and I actually am so accustomed to clean food now that I felt lousy after eating chinese take-away.

have a great day,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #12  

Well, lbwo completed over lunch. It feels good when there's nothing else to be done on that front, yes?

Have you guys ever gotten over the 'so hungry my stomach is crawling out my back' sensation yet? I do get relief from it when I eat bad carbs (my random free experiement from last week) but 2 days back into OP world and my stomach's gnawing on my spine again. It's rough! I even added 1 tangerine and 2 clementines to my breakfast and lunch today to get some relief. I tihnk it's time for a snack of nat pb on one slice of ww bread. I'll have a pb triangle! That should get me thru to dinner.

Just wondering if everyone else is still feeling the hunger or if you've gotten it to go away. I guess it's the reason the wl is happening, but man, it's rough.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Sportmom: yes, I get it too, but I'm not losing weight because I give into it, SO don't give in, you can do this... I love your analogy : 'so hungry my stomach is crawling out my back' soooo true!!

MIdwife: good for you for getting out there at "dark-thirty in the morning", it still makes me laugh... You guys are full of sayings ...

me4life

Well I weighed and measured this morning, I'm not losing on the scale but I have lost in inches, but for some reason the inches don't make me happy, I wanna see the scale... But I sure can tell that I am getting strong and muscular again...

Tonight, LBWO ...

Last edited by Ilene; 02-18-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Tonight I did some of these Tabatas before my LB workout... I didn't use any weights either, I didn't find them that difficult to do but man my legs were not as strong as usual and I sweated profusely the whole workout, so my heart rate must have been quite high for the whole workout. They say that these keep your heart rate high for quite a while. It was fun I hope my butt is sore tomorrow...I'm a sucker for punishment

Last edited by Ilene; 02-18-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

I was down 3# this morning :