Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #61  

Hi BFLL,

I'm ofer the first week hump! I had actually forgotten about th free day, but I'm glad it came up since I have a party on saturday. So saturday will be my free day.

I did my 4 x 5 min intervals on the treadmill today straight out of bed, and I did 20 mins treadmill and 20 mins rowing at the gym tonight, when waiting for DD who had a dance class. I am still on BFL-lite, but still, I have done exercise every day of the week for the past 5 days and it actually feels quite good. Strange how a 20 - 30 min workout before my morning shower can have this effcit: I am feeling more energized.

Fran, lydia: You guys rock! be carefull though, I have read that lifting till failure increases the risk of injuries.

Tomorrow UB, and I'll be using Ilene's chart to guide me.

Have a great day 5 all,

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #62  
Working My Way Back Down

Wow, halfway through already! My free day will be Sunday, as I have a brunch to attend. My contribution will be boneless skinless chicken breasts - with a lemon sauce! But this is a French food themed brunch, so it's a good thing for a free day.

Tonight will be a combo weight and ss cardio workout. Hopefully I'll have enough strength to drive home afterwards!

Lydia - I always think of Pilot's as "monsters" since I drive a CRV! It does great for me though - high enough off the ground to get out of our driveway in the snow - which is why I traded up from my Toyota Camry, which I loved.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #63  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom
....and then on BFL after you do your 4 sets you are supposed to finish by going up to 12 reps one more time and then immediately choosing a different exercise for that same body part and cranking out 12 of it.
Thank you for the reminder of how to do the sets, I'd forgotten, I was doing 12, 12, 10, 8, 6...still got an excellent workout, it makes more sense with doing the last set 12 rep again....I'd forgotten how intense the ubwo was, it also takes a much longer time than the lbwo... it was fun
Gotta go DD wants her laptop back ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:20 AM   #64  

Hi BFLL,

Day 6!

I have UBWO under my belt, my arm muscles are nicely tired and a bit sore. I still do not use the pyramid sets as presribed, but I did pick 2 exercises for each group from the chart, did 2 x 10 reps for each of them with sufficient weight so the last 1 or 2 reps are really really hard. And I added 10 dips for goos measure.

I've had m1, and I'll go post my food plans in the other thread.

Have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:52 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends! Am up right now bc of a strange phenomenon that I've had the last 2 nites when I've been awakened by arm pain!! I think it's from sleeping in a position that aggravates my healing muscles, but it goes from shoulder to elbow, so I don't think it's one muscle overworked per se (like worrisome shoulder joints) but rather just achiness. ANnoying, yes, but good in a weird way. Although missing sleep is never good.

Did my LBWO today, I'm actually 2 days removed from my ubwo. Ready for the cardio sprints tomorrow. DH is back finally from a trip, so next week will be my real challenge with my lunch buddy partner back in town.

Last edited by sportmom; 01-31-2009 at 02:53 AM.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #66  

And yet by some miracle I was still able to get up at 8 and hit the treadmill for my hiit. It didn't feel bad at all, had my 2 cheerleaders with me who kept asking me questions to make sure I could still talk. I may be ready to up it higher a notch on Tuesday.

How did everyone else's hiit go this morning?

Lydia, you had mentioned before having to eat toast before working out even tho it wasn't called for. Just wanted to let you know that bfl only calls for doing cardio on an empty stomach. For lifting, it does recommend that we eat an hour before lifting and then snack again within an hour after. But I know it's a challenge for you since you try to work it all in at the gym. But yeah, since you are lifting, I would def. think you need to eat something first.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #67  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Hi friends! Am up right now bc of a strange phenomenon that I've had the last 2 nites when I've been awakened by arm pain!! I think it's from sleeping in a position that aggravates my healing muscles, but it goes from shoulder to elbow, so I don't think it's one muscle overworked per se (like worrisome shoulder joints) but rather just achiness. ANnoying, yes, but good in a weird way. Although missing sleep is never good.

Did my LBWO today, I'm actually 2 days removed from my ubwo. Ready for the cardio sprints tomorrow. DH is back finally from a trip, so next week will be my real challenge with my lunch buddy partner back in town.
Have you tried taking an Advil? I often take an Advil before bed in case of muscle soreness... OH and another thing that comes to mind, which I'd completely forgotten, the last time I did the BFL workouts I used to take Glutamine powder to help muscle recovery after a workout... I just went to the cupboard and found it, so I will definitely take that from now on...

Yesterday was my un intentional free day, the girls at work bought a cake for the January birthdays and I had a piece... I felt ugh the rest of the day and the carb downer stayed with me till I went to bed at 11pm, which is extremely early for me... I feel fine this morning... I hate carb/sugar downers, I get them worse when I am eating super clean...

Sportmom, I've got to get some of your energy, gimme it through the computer please ... my HIIT this morning was housework ...

This afternoon I am making a turkey chili can't wait to have that for supper...
Old 02-01-2009, 03:14 AM   #68  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Hey BFLL,

Sorry I haven't been checking in, but I've been trying to get my transportation issues straightened out. Anyway, now that I have some wheels to drive, I can get to the Y, which should help me get out of my workout slump. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day running errands. I've been without a car for a couple weeks, so am playing catch-up on everything now. I don't think I'll even give myself the guilt trip of trying to get in a workout tomorrow, but will just repack the gym bag and get everything ready for Monday morning. Then it's back to the Y and some actual workout equipment, woohoo! Eating has been OP, and water, just not workouts. Looks like everybody else is doing great, though! I'll catch up!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #69  

Talking GREAT REPORT on Week 1!

Hi guys! I'm going to go ahead and report my progress today, since being a free day probably won't improve the scales tomorrow. Looks like I lost 3.6 lbs last week! Yea!! And my bf% seems to have dropped 1.4 points lower than it was last week! Loving Body for Life, I think!

How's everyone else doing? Great, I hope! I'm going to go ahead and take weekly pictures on the weeks I think about it, so that I can compare. They do already look better today. 'Course I'm not terrified about the week ahead like I was last week, so that helps! Measurements, I'll stick to doing monthly tho.

Last edited by sportmom; 02-01-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #70  
No description available.

3.6 pounds is fantastic!! Congrats!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #71  
Ilene the Bean

sportsmom, on the loss... I weigh-in Tuesday so I'll report then ...
Old 02-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #72  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Fran: Great job on the loss. I also had a nice three pound loss by Saturday morning. I allowed Saturday as my free day and went back up two pounds by Sunday morning weigh in. I'm FINE with it. If you would have known what I ingested that day you would not feel sorry for me. So off to another great BFL week and more prudence on my free day.

Oh, and my Omron BodyFat anaylyzer was delivered over the weekend. The first time I took it my BF was 19%. I was so bummed because while it is a nice low number, my thought was at 19% I still have thighs that look like THIS?! (No definition and calves that still have visible cellulite. grrrr.)

I took it again in the am when you are supposed to, before drinking, eating, showering and had 21.2%. That actually made me happy. This way I feel like I seriously have something to work with here.

Okay. Off to shower. Good luck with the challenge this week everyone.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #73  
No description available.

Oh Lydia! See, I think that is part of my problem. I know intellectually I have a good body fat percentage and I know I can work my tail off and it likely won't change much and I was thinking, I don't have much room for change. But then it occured to me---I have a ton of room to change in the other direction and that is reason enough to get strict here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote