3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   Way Cool Shirt, just wanna share (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/160671-way-cool-shirt-just-wanna-share.html)

Lydia227 01-07-2009 12:28 PM

Way Cool Shirt, just wanna share

I just received my catalog and saw this shirt. I hate the thought of spending that much on a tshirt but is says so much! I would probably wear it everyday in the summer. :D Maybe we should make our own. :dunno: Anyone wanna share what their shirt would say. :cool:

http://www.titlenine.com/shopping/pr...+to+Basket.y=8

midwife 01-07-2009 01:02 PM

Argh! I can't access this site at work! patience, patience.....

2fat2bphat 01-07-2009 01:11 PM

For $39.00 - why not make your own? I myself am not a 'crafty' person, but I'm sure you could use this as an inspiration to put your own thoughts on a tee. Cool shirt/idea!

MBN 01-07-2009 02:02 PM

I have a running shirt that says it all for me: "Will run for chocolate"

freeqeegrl 01-07-2009 02:17 PM

hey thanks for posting such a cute find, im loving the website!

jamsk8r 01-07-2009 03:09 PM

Mine would say:
SKATE
LIFT
RUN
CROSSFIT
DIE
(repeat)

On the back, it would have to have the 3FC web addy, of course.

AppleOnYa76 01-08-2009 01:28 AM

That shirt is cute! I might shell over the 39 bucks as a "goal shirt" of all things I am becoming and want to be. Thanks for posting.

Cheryl... Are you a Crossfit member? My husband is a Crossfit junkie.

jamsk8r 01-08-2009 05:08 AM

Apple, no, I wish! There are several here, but they all cost too much for me. I am just learning on my own, and try to fit in 2 or 3 crossfit WODs or skills practice into my own workout schedule. I'm already lifting 4 days a week, and running, so I can't really handle the 3 days on/1 off thing right now, plus I don't have the skill/strength to really get the most out of some of the workouts, like the 1 rep max days. I just do what I can, and it gives me some variety and fun choices for "cardio" days.

Mel 01-08-2009 07:41 AM

I love it! But I once owned a t shirt with a lot of writing on the front, and I sure got tired of people staring at my chest :lol:

I'd wear it backwards :rofl:

Lydia227 01-08-2009 11:02 AM

:chin: Ya know I thought of that. Really. But in my case I would know for certain that they were really just trying to read the shirt. :lol: For me the the issue would be the inconvenience of standing still long enough for who ever wanted to read it.

I thought the phrase would make a great written quote on a multi picture frame. Photos of women I know doing what makes them feel the "strongest" in their roles as women. Just a thought. I'm glad a lot of you enjoyed the site. :)

Oh yeah, and "Apple" you are so right. Wouldn't this make an incredible shirt to receive after reaching goal. :D

Shannon in ATL 01-09-2009 09:14 PM

I love the shirt!

Tomato 01-12-2009 01:30 PM

Lydia,
You always find the coolest shirts!
I love it, but quite frankly, some of the writing I cannot decipher. In any case, for $39US it is way to expensive - by the time I add the exchange rate and shipping, it would balloon up to $50.

I don't know mine would say - probably something in the sense of

I LIFT LIKE A GIRL

and I would have to squeeze in ADOPT A GREYHOUND somehow. :D

Alena

sportmom 01-13-2009 02:38 PM

So, just wanted to add, that I was in Wal-Mart today, and in addition to picking up an arm attachment that will hold my cell phone and car keys (by Danskin), so that I can walk the track while dd is at swim team, I noticed they had these really cool shirts by Danskin. Some say things like: Believe in Yourself; Move, Change, Believe; and the one I picked up said "Be the Change You Want to See" which is one of my fav quotes (the longer version). So, if you're ok with people reading your chest (lol!), you might find one of these to your liking for alot less that $39 plus shipping ;). I thought the "be the change" shirt would be a great motivator for me while I'm sweating it out on that indoor track. Btw, on the armband I got - I'd never seen them before that would hold both my largish cell and my keys. Usually they only hold an ipod/mp3 or a single key. I was psyched. And the shirts were $7.

Lydia227 01-13-2009 05:11 PM

Wow Fran. That sounds like a great idea. I'll have to check out the one in our area and see if they have that t-shirt. I'm not real crazy about spending that much on the t-shirt I found after my little gym "shopping spee" yesterday. It wouldn't had been so bad but DH decided to join this gym too. Thanks for the tip. :yes:

BlueToBlue 01-16-2009 01:17 AM

Normally I love Title Nine, but that shirts seems a little overpriced. It's just a basic t-shirt with writing on it. You could pick up a set of fabric pens at a craft store for probably $10 or less, buy your own shirt, and write whatever you want on it. Heck, you could even just steal what they've written. You could use the pens to make lots of shirts.