Original BFL or BFL for Women?

• Sorry if this question has been posted before! I looked around and didn't see one so I need to ask.

Is there a real big difference between the plans other than the one for women is portion controlled specifically for women?

And also which one do you prefer?

If there are other plans out there that are good or better any advice would be great!

BTW: My goal is weight loss and to be toned and strong!

Thanks!
  • There isn't a huge difference but I like the workout plan in the original BFL. Some people commented that they liked some of the eating advice in BFL for women. My overall recommendation though would be the original BFL.
  • I haven't read BFL for women, but my understanding is that the biggest changes in it are in the eating section and in doing more pushing of the idea that women *can* lift heavy. It sounds very similar to the difference between the original New Rules of Lifting and the New Rules of Lifting for Women - which I have read both of.

I'd start with BFL, if it were me.

• Thanks for the advice! I know the BFL for Women seems to be more geared towards "a woman's specific needs" food wise and exercise. I just didn't know if the original was too much food for women? Or if you have to figure out a calorie intake and that whole thing. Also if the exercises were different?
  • Go with the original BFL by Bill Phillips. (By the way, you can get it cheaply on eBay - that's where I got mine).

As Skwigg puts it - the BFL for Women was "dumbed down for the little ladies".
  • "As Skwigg puts it - the BFL for Women was "dumbed down for the little ladies".

Wow... maybe I will get the original one then! Thanks for the input.
  • I found that the original was too much food for me, but I was pretty close to my goal weight when I started it. Over the first 12 week challenge, I gained 3 pounds on the scale, but lost two pants sizes.

Mel