Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hola!!!

Nelie I wish you could send some heat to Michigan. We're expecting damp drizzlies all weekend.

Lydia, how early would you have to get up to do all three? 3AM? You have a lot of stamina if you can pull off a good ride and an intense workout in the same day. Great Job there, lady.

Water, where ya at?

Got to bed super late -midnight - so no gym this AM. I'll either bike at home, Tae-bo or hit the gym tonight. My bag is packed and in the car, I just have to figure out if I can hit the gym and then get home before DS calls needing a ride home. Food is still on track, i'm still a member of the new tribe.

This weekend I'll be watching Ohio State and USC beat the snot out of each other. I wish there was a way they could BOTH lose!
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #77  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi Tiki! I'm here, just focusing on meeting deadlines. Can't believe they expect me to work for my paycheck! I have a few minutes before I leave for lunch though so I'm catching up with y'all.

Weekend: well, the pool is closed - boo - so I'm planning to go to the gym for some cardio as well as lifting. Then it's the usual laundry, groceries, housecleaning, etc. Oh, and since fall is fast approaching, I have some swiss chard that needs freezing and some peas that need picking/shelling. DH is leaving on a last gasp camping trip on Sunday, so he'll be packing for that. Fortunately except for buying some food he wants, he doesn't need my help.

Lydia - good for you adjusting to the 5:30 am workouts. I'm considering trying the morning swimming while DH is away. THat's from 6-7:30, and from there I could go down the street to the gym and get ready for work. The locker room at the pool is what'd you'd call minimal! It has hand dryers placed high enough to dry your hair, but no plugs near mirror to curl it, and very little counter space to boot. At least in the morning the floor shouldn't be as wet as it is in the evening after the swim teams finish. I did sign up for adult lessons starting 9/24. I'll miss a couple while I'm away the first week of October, but I'm excited.

Nelie - if you're sending warm weather, I'll take some. It's been raining off and on all week here.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Lydia, need some help with meal planning! I have a breakfast at Bob Evans coming up on Sunday. I can normally hang there just fine with a dinner or lunch. BUt breakfast is not as easy. I don't eat oatmeal out bc I find alot of places make it a way that KILLS my stomach - I don't know if they use whole milk or add cream, but I'm sick for hours if I eat it out. I'm thinking of a few eggs and....... that's the hard part! lol I looked at their healthy options online but they seemed to be more for cholesterol concerns and not general healthy eating. What would you recommend? They have a lot of good fruit options but I don't want to start my day with all that sugar only.

Ha! The ad for the new season of House on Tuesday just came on. You all must be counting down the hours!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:01 AM   #79  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Morning everyone!

I'm pleased to report that this morning I was on the red zone line (140), instead of above it. By the end of the month, I hope to be solidly in the orange zone (135-140), the zone in which I can bench bodyweight.

I'll shoot for green (130-135), of course, because I'm a vain little git and I want to look good in my bikini this Christmas. But, I'm increasingly convinced this isn't sustainable for me. (Green? Not sustainable? What's up with that?) Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Today's agenda is to take The Boy to fossil identification day to see if the local paleontologists can't identify a couple of new fossils in his collection. (Pat -- one's from the Brooks range, which my parents found last summer (the fossil, not the Brooks range ).) Then a promised trip to mini golf. Then a stop at the CSA farm for u-pick tomatoes, and a stop at another local farm for u-pick apples. Then back home to can spaghetti sauce and/or applesauce. Then off to dinner at a colleagues. Oh, and somewhere in there I want to go to the gym, and also see if I can't chase a few dust bunnies around the house with the vacuum cleaner.

Sheesh, with all that on my plate, I'd better git goin'!

Be strong, all.

Kim

Last edited by kaw; 09-13-2008 at 10:16 AM.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #80  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Hey Fran! Are you traveling with the girls again?

I just checked out the nutritional information on their website. In this case you will need to just choose the best that is available. I think I would not even look at the menu and order a slice of whole wheat toast, unbuttered, four scrambled egg whites without the soybean oil, and ask if they could prepare a small fresh fruit cup for you. These are all ingredients that they must have on hand to prepare any of the more complex food combinations on the menu. The biggest thing to impress upon your waiter is that you do not want any added oil in the eggs or butter or grill grease on the toast. If you lack confidence in the waiter in doing this ask for the manager who is usually roaming around making sure everyone is enjoying their plates of loaded calories/cholesterol/fat/and excess carbs for the morning.

Above all else try to enjoy the ones around you instead of thinking about how your not having the stuffed whatevers. Once you leave the place, it's all over and you can perhaps pick up or bring alone something you may really enjoy that may supplement the meal if needed. Keep in mind that it is best to top of our tanks every two to three hours instead of one main meal to gorge upon. ~sigh~ Sorry if this sounds like I'm starting to get on a soapbox. I just get so frustrated with the menus of restaurants when they try to play both the "we offer healthy/fit selections" but they are still way beyond what is appropriate for most people in the big picture.

Hey, wait, I know. Maybe make some protein pancakes ahead of time. Eat a couple of those before you even hit the restaurant and then enjoy a cup of coffee with the whole wheat toast. Just a thought. Anyone else have any suggestions for these situations?

Good luck.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

No, we have the in-laws coming in. I've never been a fan of the stuffed, loaded,oozing stuff bc you'd have to be a 5 year old to not just know from the description in the title that that is NOT something ANYONE should be eating. But I have partaken in my biscuit breakfast before -- until I looked on the website and saw it was 900 something cals! Gee, no wonder after eating one of those I didn't want to eat again for 6 hours. I used to think, wow, that's great, I'll only have b'fast /dinner on those days - that's a great way to eat less food and lose weight. To your point........ WRONG! So, I was looking for help other than sitting there with my lips sewn together. When they come into town all they want to do is go out and eat bc we have so much here to choose from than where they live in OR. They 2 sil's have just had wls tho within the last year, so it will be interesting to see how things are different on this visit. Thanks Lydia!

Last edited by sportmom; 09-13-2008 at 09:47 AM.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Did everyone survive the weekend? It rained cats and BIG DOGS here in the Motorcity. Hope everyone is dried out and okay.

Although it was wet, the Girl and I went to the gym Saturday and Sunday. We worked legs Saturday then foolishly took a STRIKE class right afterwards. All we could say after the class was WOW! Sunday we skipped weights altogether and went to a Step class. When we got home, we were too tired to shower. We just laid in the floor and groaned about our aching muscles. We finally got up, got cleaned up and then went to take naps! Today is a day off exercise for me, but the Girl made the varsity cheer squad at her school so she has cheer practice.

How did everyone else's weekend turn out?
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote