3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   For all gym-goers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/146777-all-gym-goers.html)

chickennugget126 07-19-2008 03:16 PM

For all gym-goers

Hi everybody,

This post has nothing really to do with actual weight training, but I really wanted to share because I don't want anybody else to suffer!

So basically, this is kinda gross but I got plantars warts on my feet which are painful and can get in the way of exercise, wearing heels, etc. And I got them right about the time I started going to my gym and because I never wore flip flops in the shower, sometimes walked around barefoot in the gym (I like to stretch barefoot), and generally wasn't too concerned about touching the gym floor.

So all the ladies who go to the gym, please be careful! The warts are treatable and harmless, but they can be annoying. I've just started treating them (using vinegar... hope it works!) and will be going to the store promptly to buy a pair of flip flops...

Ok carry on!

junebug41 07-19-2008 05:25 PM

That is an excellent PSA! I had them when I was younger and they are SO painful and annoying. Ever since high school I don't go anywhere without flip flops. Pools, showers, yoga mats- they're all breeding grounds.

Also, google the duct tape remedy for plantar warts. I've heard it works really well.

Sarah Mac 07-19-2008 05:29 PM

Yes good reminder!!!

I got plantars warts on my feet at a waterpark :/ so wear swim shoes. Mine got so bad and deep they had to burn them out of my feet 2 days before I started my first day of college :(

Don't pick at them because they can grow if you pick and shred at them like I did :/

stellarwbz 07-19-2008 06:58 PM

I got one a couple years ago that was really painful. I had to go to the podiatrist every 3 weeks for her to get rid of it.

wyndymoon 07-19-2008 09:18 PM

Ya, the duct tape remedy does work. I used it for both my girls and no more warts!

lifechange 07-19-2008 09:49 PM

My son had quite a bad case and duct tape alone did not work but a combo of the Freeze off product and then covering with duct tape did work. In canada wart removal by physicians is no longer covered- i was told don't worry about them they will disappear on their own in 7 yrs. Sure- but in the meantime he will have passed them on to many unsuspecting people. So OTC meds and duct tape.

mommiesruletheworld 07-22-2008 12:06 AM

Duct tape??? Are you serious?? I'll definitely have to check that out in the event I need it in the future. I always get one during pregnancy, and then as soon as I have the baby it disappears....

CandyKisses0204 07-28-2008 06:13 PM

During highschool the studio i danced at we all danced barefoot. EVERYONE gor plantars warts. Duct tape really does work, but you have to keep it covered at pretty much all times. It pretty much suffocated the wart and kills it. Also try apple cider vinegar. I find that kind works best