Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #1  
Mel

Default May!!! 1-15, 2008

Count down to summer time

Actually, it's freezing here. I was flying doing cardio this morning just to get warm.

No gym again today- I turned the page on my appointment book and was thrilled to discover a noon dentist appointment I may try to lift back and chest after work. I've never actually been to the gym at that time and don't like the idea, so it may be another home workout.

Lydia- read your description of "feeling it" on the last thread. I used to feel that way- and legs still do, but I don't push to failure or exhaustion anymore and I miss that feeling!

LG- How are you doing?

Anybody up for a May challenge of some sort? I know many of us are involved in other threads and it gets to be a bit much, but I really need to do a concerted effort to be summer ready

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:27 AM   #2  
Meg

I'm in for a May challenge!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Depending on the challenge I'd be up for it - I need something to help keep me focussed.

I felt amazing at the beginning of the week but yesterday I woke up with a crazy lower backache that I just can't seem to shake. Slept terrible last night. I think I am still going to go to yoga today though - hopefully it'll help - nothing else is.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #4  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

I'm in for a May Challenge.

Mel: Lifting to failure. That was exactly what I was trying to describe.

Last edited by Lydia227; 05-01-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #5  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

I'm in...what's the challenge?
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #6  
Working My Way Back Down

This might be a good thing for me. I intend to keep up the "no excuses" food challege in maintainers, but I need to focus on exercise too.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #7  
Meg

I don't know if the "no excuses" challenge is going to go on for more than a week (it was totally spur of the moment) but if it does, what would you all think about combining challenges? It seems like there's a lot of overlap between the regulars here and the ones doing the Maintainers challenge. We don't want to become too "challenging" (yuck yuck )

Personally, I'm getting so much out of our "no excuses" week that I'd love to see it continue in some way or shape. I feel reinvigorated and like I'm back in the groove, which is the best feeling ever.

Ideas?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #8  
Takin' It Day By Day

S/C/G: 194/189.4 *in the 180's!* /145

Height: 5'3

Default Yep!

I want a challenge! Count me in. What is it and when do we start?!
carbsRmyEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I'm in.

LG - I remember those achey backaches from the uterus stretching. Later on as the baby put on weight and sloped forward, the cramping moved to my groin muscles - gah!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I seriously need a challenge. I fell into a bagel this morning (free bagel does not mean I need to take one) after I promised myself to limit my bread intake. Rest of the day wasn't bad though.

Actually I just need a good kick in the butt...
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #11  

Hi,
I'm new. I want to also try the soy/whey drink diet that was in first magazine. I have tried many different diets but I thought this may be a good one. Has anyone tried this?
rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #12  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Rossi and

I haven't seen the soy/whey drink diet you are referring to from First Magazine. I don't spend a lot of time reading magazines so I miss out on these things. I do add whey protein powder to a couple of my meals throughout the day and found that they really do help to keep me satisfied till the next meal. Usually I mix it into my oatmeal at breakfast and in a post workout smoothie. Good luck.

Meg and Mel: Combining the challenges would be wonderful. Really both go hand in hand for me anyway. If I'm working out I can almost be certain that it will also be a good food day too. It's those days when I can't get to the gym that I wig out.

Last edited by Lydia227; 05-01-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #13  
Mel

Welcome, rossi Never heard of the diet. I would recommend a real food lifestyle rather than a diet drink.

Meg, let's definitely combine challenges. We don't all want to just copy our posts from one forum to another!

I haven't seriously thought about how to organize or what to challenge with- but my personal challenge is the "Little Black Dress Challenge" I have a very formal wedding to attend on June 27 and a drop dead gorgeous dress that was just given to me with the assurance of "of COURSE it will fit you!". Well...it goes on and zips. So there is hope. But it looks like it was spray painted on me I figure I need to lose an inch everywhere except vertically to look decent. I'm not sure that's really possible for me, but I'm sure going to try. That means 100% clean eating except for the 4 days next week when I attend my daughter's graduation (Lydia - we picked Lindy's ) and making every single planned workout. 5 cardio days and 4-5 lifting days. Lawn mowing does NOT count as cardio, just a really fun way to spend some time outdoors So for me I need 7 weeks of PERFECTLY ON PLAN. Minus graduation

Just to make it fun, I'm going to challenge myself to learn at least one new exercise every week or at least incorporate one that I don't usually do and report back.

nelie- I thought we had a kick in the butt smilie but I can't find it. Will this do?

What's your challenge?

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh Mel, that will do....

My current challenge is really get under 200, fit in some pants I fit in a couple months ago (argh). It will include NO bread, no peanut butter (oh do I have to?), and getting back into my exercise routine. Exercise has been rough because I got sick and I still have remnants (breathing is still rough) but I need to stop using that as an excuse and start up again. Of course I know there are free bagels again tomorrow so I have to be strong... Why am I addicted to bagels?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:53 AM   #15  

Nelie,

Use the spider tactic!

You are a gazillion times bigger than a bagel...and even while it is not actually wearing glasses...you can win!

Rabbit

Last edited by 4rabbit; 05-02-2008 at 03:53 AM.
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote