Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #31  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Alright, I cannot tell a lie, this is my week for undertraining! As I mentioned previously, I've been extremely busy during the month of April and things are slowly getting a little better. So, my workouts have suffered, food has been so-so but I've still managed my goal (like December) I just wanted to not gain weight this month and so far so good. This week all I managed was one run and one power class. Better than nothing though!

midwife - congrats on the BMI!

To those who need the rest - take it and enjoy it. Please...it does a body good.

My plan for next week is to get somewhat back to normal with the workouts and the food. I will get back to the gym four times...and I'll report back to let you know how I did.

The weather has been so beautiful here recently but this weekend doesn't look too good. : ( Oh well, normal spring time stuff.

Have a great weekend everyone!

elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #32  
Working My Way Back Down

Mmmph..... We having a VERY LATE winter storm. Woke up to rain, which shortly turned to snow! Very wet, heavy snow. And so far we have about 7" and in Anchorage, which is on the coast, they've got nearly a foot! And it's supposed to continue until tomorrow morning. Grrrrrr. Everything is closing, and of course many people have their snow tires off (deadline is April 30). I'm having an inside weekend. Hopefully we'll have electricity. It's gone off a couple times - heavy snow on the wires, I'm sure.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:55 AM   #33  

Hi LWL,

Midwife - awesome! congrats about the BMI!

cheryl, mel, lydia - I hope you are all feeling well soon!

I'm into home-improvement-cardio these 2 weeks: I worked to hard in the past 2 weeks, did jnot get along to working out, brushed depression again & now I am taking 2 weeks off. It's the queens birthday next week, the kids have may-break, and I am going to do some home improvement projects. I swear i have been renovating this house since the dat XH walked out, and I am nearing goal but the more you do the more you see that needs doing.

Oh well, I am sure hauling packs of flooring around and putting it in counts as ligting, cardio and yoga 9for the deep breathing parts before i start a tricky part).
have a great weekend all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #34  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Pat: That is just horrible! I really do feel for you. By now the expectation is that the season is over and it's time to enjoy milder weather. A break. A relief. ~sigh~ Mother Nature is quite the prankstress.

We had a year like that last year. We had an early warm break in the weather that lasted a couple of weeks. The trees began to bloom and then it froze. Hard. A lot of the flowering fruit trees were ruined. It even irked me until winter of this year because the pretty berries that form on my ornamental tree after it flowers weren't there in the winter.

Rabbit: Absolutely the projects should count. Especially the deep breathing anticipation of error part. I would love to put down hardwood in my kitchen as well.

Okay, I'm feeling rather grouchy today. Between today and Wed. the scale is registering a five pound gain. I know it's impossible to gain that much in three days and it's water but combined with my devil may care attitude this week it's just one more thing. So, ~sigh~ I'm going in for my workout. Hopefully a little endorphin rush will help.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:13 AM   #35  

Popping by to say hi. Had a rough last week with insomnia for two days that threw off my energy all week. Decided that between my workouts and lack of sleep, I was at risk of overtraining, so took several days off, yes OFF from the gym, but am back at it today and will be making sure I get better sleep this week. Nothing on tv is that interesting to steal sleep, LOL.

Ordered P90x, think I am up to the challenge. Intend to use it 1 day a week for not going to the gym, but may use it as intended as a compliment to my training. Love all the variety in that program, from stretching to yoga, arms to legs, back to abs--expensive though.

Working on trying to eat enough--did a high calorie week and did lose weight, so believe in the theory of eating to fuel, but just can't keep it up, so back to where I'm comfortable.

Other than that, same ole, same ole. Should see 269 soon. Fingers crossed. That will mean 51lbs....
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #36  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Lydia, it's all muscle!

JG, I'll have to google to see what p90x is, but good luck with that, anyway!

Rabbit, those are known as real life deadlifts and squats, I'm pretty sure.

Pat, I hope the storm blows over quickly, so you can get back to enjoying some spring weather! We've had crazy weather here in WA state, also.

Elisa, good luck getting back into the groove with the workouts. Congrats on maintaining, too!

Okay, had planned to get back to my workouts yesterday, but it was just one of those days that had its own momentum, and didn't care what I wanted to be doing, so no workout. I'm definitely getting one in today, no matter what!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

JG - there's someone else on here who's swearing by P90X. Can't remember the user id but she has her photo as the avatar, short brown hair, glasses.....would know her if she posted again. Know who I'm talking about?
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #38  
Mel

I went back to the gym yesterday and my legs and glutes are reminding me of it

Now I need to get the food back on track- Wednesday's meltdown just kind of continued each evening.

So far today, I've made 2 weeks' worth of pumpkin pancakes, a week's worth of lunch chicken for me and ds, chopped of lots of vegies, and gone to Home Despot and bought 9 bags of mulch. Guess what my next fun activity will be

Aw Pat, late storms are such heart breakers. We seem to have escaped it this year, but almost every year the magnolias burst into bloom on an early warm day, then get frozen two days later, leaving brown, squishy messes. This is really the northern edge for a lot of flowering trees and shrubs that are so beautiful.

Lydia- hope your grouchiness passes. I haven't gotten on the scale because I know I'd be beyond grouchy! The pants-o-meter is depressing enough. How can something be loose on Tuesday and tight on Friday? I no longer have the TOM excuse!

OK, gotta go drag mulch bags...can't procrastinate any longer!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #39  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

JG: Let me know what you think of these DVD's with regard to workout intensity and results. I've seen the infomercials for these too and was...I hate to admit...curious. I am usually skeptical of anything I cant see, feel, or experience it in person. But I did think it might be fun to have in the house during the winter months when I am snowed in and my lack of driving confidence prevents me from making the drive to the gym.

Cheryl: Now come on... I know better than that too. But boy I wish I could be vain enough to have muscle gain be my first thought when I hopped of that scale. Could you imagine. Whoo Hooo. I'm up five pounds. Yeah baby look at these pecs. Grrrrr. All Muscle. Not.

Thanks though, you made me smile this afternoon at just the thought. Okay. Here's my thing of the summer. Since losing this weight each summer seems to be marked by something I'm in pursuit of developing. Last summer I wanted to lower bodyfat and to work on my back. Hmmmph. Well, the bodyfat percentages did lower enough to revel some decent upper body definition. But ~sigh~ the legs. That's what is on tap for this year. I know genetics have a lot to do with how much effort it takes to develop or reveal leg defintion. Being a classic pear, I should cut myself a little slack with this but dang. The darn things look worse this year than last year if you can imagine. I know how to do this, I'll keep plugging along and in all honesty I was unable to do any real leg work all winter. What I'm looking at is the consequences of that forced rest. Still, I think this is going to be the summer of leg envy. Anyone have goals for the summer this year?

Mel: Got that mulch down yet? My pant-o-meter can reveal a less than ideal choice of eating within days too. I wonder if most people have a tendency to retain a lot of water when eating refined carbs in party like proportions?

Have a good afternoon.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #40  

Lydia, it was VERY expensive, but I did a lot of research and thought it was worth it. I won't be doing it straight, just need an alternative. SPortmom, not remembering who you're talking about, hmmm.

Went to the gym, was doing cardio pretraining when my trainer called and had them find me. She wrenched her back, poor thing, so I was solo. I actually had 2 days (Friday and today) doing her routines without her. HATE the feeling of "am I doing this right? was this what she meant?" still, I sweated and worked out for 2 hours (1 cardio, 1 strength), so it's a good day. I'm hoping she's back for Tuesday's session.

Otherwise, got a little flack for my only 3 days in the gym last week, like I'd been on vacation for weeks "Well, at least you came back!" WTFrig! LOL, I NEEDED REST!

Feeling okay...glad to see the weight moving, only TOM so now I have to be patient and hope for a whoosh soon.
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:01 AM   #41  
mission possible

S/C/G: 158.8/158.8/130

Height: 5ft 5''

hi everyone

just thought i'd pop in and say hello
i joined your wonderful site yesterday and i recieved a lovely welcome thank you
i like the idea of these chat threads it's nice to be able to see what everybody else is getting up to in their quest for health & fitness

so today is day 1 for moi
weighed in at 163 and my bf% approx-30%
i took lots of measurements so i don't just rely on scale weight for progress!
i'm gonna be doing a circuit with weights followed by some cardio on my mini stepper today i've decided weights/cardio on mon/wed/fri pilates on tues/thurs(i enjoy the 20 min windsor pilates workout,quite refreshing)then on a saturday morning 90mins yoga which i really enjoy and afterwards i feel very refreshed
i think that'll be suffienct enough for now
for my weights i'm gonna be doing circuit training and i'm gonna do a 3 day split.i enjoy circuits and it's a great way to ease back into the iron

i've had a mrp this morning so now i'm gonna go do my workout for today

have a nice day
CurvyBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:33 AM   #42  
Mel

Cardio done, lifting chest and back at the gym at lunch time. It's time to change my workout scheme a little and I think I'll go push-pull except for legs.

Food was great yesterday Unfortunately, one day on track does not make up for a week off track One day at a time, tho.

Aside from clean eating, I have another resolution for the week, month...no high heels unless I'm in a skirt! I'm blaming a lot of my exhaustion on painful feet

Mel
Old 04-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #43  
No description available.

Hi guys!

Thanks for the congrats on the BMI. I have another milestone to announce. My bodyfat % today was 16.5%. My short term goal was 17% and I am surprised to have met it so soon.

I feel a little strange. It's almost like this is too easy....and that makes me nervous. I am working hard. I am diligent with my nutrition plan. I know that I will hit speedbumps along the way. I'm almost a little depressed, like what the heck took me so long? Why did I spend so long overweight and out of shape? I'm sad and exuberant at the same time! So strange!

I have lots of other goals and I will continue to immerse myself in my new behaviors.....I look forward to hearing about everyone else's goals too!

Have a great, on plan day everyone!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

13 weeks = nausea gone. I didn't believe it could happen like people said it could but it has!!!

Took the dogs for a walk this morning. First time since we got the puppy. She was so sickly I didn't think she could do it before & quite frankly any excuse to not exert myself I was taking. Pup, dog & I all made the entire walk with flying colours - even including the nasty last hill to our house!!!

This aft I made it to the gym & did a fairly light 30 minutes on the bike.

I'm going to go home for a week at the end of May & I am finding looking forward to that & no longer feeling horrid all the time have really upped my motivation again. I don't want to face my trainers having lost a lot of my fitness - lol!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 AM   #45  
Mel

LG- Isn't it amazing the difference a week makes? You'll find that at the tail end too.... I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Midwife- Congratulations again! You are making terrific progress!

I'm working hard for a totally on track week. Tomorrow will be tough because I have to go in to center city for a lunch meeting and then I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off to visit my 85 year old aunt who I hardly ever go see (insert hang dog, ashamed emoticon here) and she will insist on a Chinese or Japanese restaurant. I've tried bring food to her, but she loves to go out and that where she goes. I'll have to try and find just steamed food minus sauce.

Off to work!

Mel