3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   Can you work out to much? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/132542-can-you-work-out-much.html)

its my time 01-26-2008 06:44 AM

Can you work out to much?

I was working out 5-6 days a week for about 3 years none stop, its been a year now that I have stopped working out on a regular bases and just cant seem to get back into it my body just feels slugish when I try, I keep trying to push myself but its not working,

SunshineRunner 01-26-2008 09:52 AM

I workout 5-6 days/week X 2 hours per day. It took me about 3-4 months to build up to this, but now I am happy to be there...just give it some time.

its my time 01-26-2008 09:55 AM

wow 2 hours, congrats on that, I have never done that, I do remember it taking me time to build up 2 what I was doing before but just seems like this time around its taking me longer and its twice as hard. Guess I will just keep trying and hope it will click again soon,

nelie 01-26-2008 10:13 AM

Personally,

I think we should work out every day, at least half an hour per day. I usually do more than that but I try to use that as a guideline.

its my time 01-26-2008 07:07 PM

I like that Motto thank you, I know we should work out everyday and I try, some times I just feel like my body is worn out, the thing is I am thinner then I was when I first started out so I would have thought it would be easyer, When I first started working out it was almost 2 easy for me and I was pushing my self, no I have 2 force my self 2 work, I am trying 2 find a way 2 love it but I never have,

nelie 01-26-2008 08:48 PM

I've never really loved working out but I do love how I feel afterwards. I always enjoyed weights more than cardio.

I think it is important to mix it up as well. Do different things. I walk my dog every morning and even when it has been 10 degrees outside, I tell myself it is what I need to do for both of us.

At night when I want to do my "real" workout, I tell myself again that it is what I need to do even if it isn't what I want to do.

its my time 01-26-2008 08:51 PM

Yeah I walk the dogs, walk on the tread mill I do weights and the bike, before I got my puppy I did a video I really like but its hard 2 do w/the puppy cause he wants 2 play w/me, lol

SoulBliss 01-26-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 2020813)
Personally,

I think we should work out every day, at least half an hour per day. I usually do more than that but I try to use that as a guideline.

:yes: That is what all the experts are saying too!

I work out 6 days a week, sometimes 7. I do yoga, Pilates, water exercise as well as cardio (bike/treadmill) and weights.

I have to, or I don't lose weight! I also feel so much better then when I am sedentary.

baffled111 01-27-2008 11:50 AM

I wonder about these exercise guidelines. I believe they're saying 60-90 mins a day but that really is a ton. I'm a fit, active and healthy person and I probably average about 30 minutes a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. I wonder if they count walking around, living your life as exercise/being active? 90 minutes a day at the gym strikes me as an extremely unreasonable expectation for ordinary people.

WaterRat 01-27-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

90 minutes a day at the gym strikes me as an extremely unreasonable expectation for ordinary people
But the 60-90 minutes isn't for "ordinary people" according to whoever made these guidelines - it's to maintain a weight loss, basically for the "formerly obese." Ordinary folks get 30-60 minutes, most days. And I'm with you. I'm a moderately active person, with a busy life, including a job that requires a fair amount of travel and evening meetings. I try for 5 days of formal exercise, often hit 4, and don't beat myself up if I only make 3. I do the best I can, and it's better than sitting in front of the TV (or the computer - oops). :)

baffled111 01-27-2008 02:37 PM

Ah, thanks Pat. I thought the 60-90 was a general and universal recommendation. 30-60 is much more reasonable (although I still don't get that much every day).