Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Help with a Seated Exercise Routine?

Do you all know any moves you can do sitting down. I have a disability and some balance issues. Also I can't easily get down onto the floor or indeed up from the floor to do any ab work.
Thanks!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #2  
Mel

Hi KO,
I made your post into it's own thread so it would be noticed. We don't usually post questions in stickied threads, so you were unlikely to get many replies

Since you posted on the resistance band sticky, am I correct in assuming you are trying to use bands seated?

There are lots of things you can do:
  • anchor the band on something stationary in front of you and do seated rows.
  • anchor the band on something stationary behind you and do chest presses or flyes
  • anchor the band beneath you (step on it with your feet) and do shoulder presses, bicep curls, overhead tricep extensions, etc.

you don't need to get on the floor to do abs. Do you have a stability ball? That would come in real handy for doing crunches without getting on the floor. there are endless variations. Just doing any of the above exercises sitting on a stability ball also works you core muscles. Another idea is to sit on the edge of a flat bench, grip the bench and do "v ups". balance on your rear end, and pull your legs toward your torso, then back out.

Hope that gets you started!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to also say that Collage Video offers numerous workout dvds for people who need to sit to exercise. Here's a link:
http://www.collagevideo.com/cart/default.aspx, then do a keyword search for disabled and that will bring up like 10 different videos.

Last edited by sportmom; 12-20-2007 at 12:03 AM.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote