Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #46  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
My knee isn't happy It's been "twingey" for the last few days and I was dumb and tried some vertical jumps this morning during my leg workout.
Mel
Ack! No Mel! BE CAREFUL. Need I remind you...choose your exercise wisely... No seriously I am very proud of you since you stopped after just one. I know how hard that is to do. There is always the temptation for me to do the second one just to "test" how much pain I feel.

Nelie: Have a great time!! Can't wait to see the photos.

I got my first real workout in yesterday after an eight day absence. (I know....I know...) It wasn't for lack of trying. But anyway, I actually saw another woman lifting yesterday who had some decent mass and definition in her delts, biceps, and triceps. Very cool. At our gym its just not very common to see this. Usually if there is any definition it is because they have dieted themselves down and the muscles are really flat. Anyway, it was just nice to see someone working and doing it the right way.

Have a great morning everyone!
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:20 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

So, is anyone else wondering if Mel ended up doing her turducken?
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #48  
Mel

Yup, did the Turducken

I managed cardio and a chest workout yesterday, and lots of cooking. Lots of bad eating, too.

The Turducken was tucked into the oven a 7:30 this morning and has gone up exactly one degree according to the meat probe We may be eating at 10 pm and definitely eating dessert first!

My intention was to get on the elliptical after I put the beast(s) in the oven, but somehow I went back to bed No small kids in the house, no more 5 am Christmases!

Have a wonderful day

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Ugh, sleep sounds good Mel! Mine couldn't get to sleep until 10ish, and 11 for the older one. Then the little one came in at 2 and announced to everyone that it was, in fact, 2 and time to open presents. I talked her into getting into bed, where she proceeded to serve as cuckoo clock for every hour afterward. From 6:30 on we had the 5 minute countdown until 7 which was our agreed upon hour - and even at that time, it was still dark outside. Ugh, I'm a wreck.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Just popping in for a quick Merry Christmas to you all!

Life's been crazy for a couple of months now so I haven't had much time to peek in here but it should slow back down in a couple of weeks. "Listening" to you gals chat is incredibly motivating and I miss it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #51  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Morning ladies! Hope those of you who celebrate Christmas had a wonderful day.

I spent most of the last few days traveling between couch and bed. Somehow I managed to pick up a nasty, hacking cold for Christmas. Uggh! Not exactly how I had intended to spend my break, but so it goes.

Santa brought me an iPod for Christmas. I don't really like wearing earphones when I lift, but it will be nice for the cardio I'm going to need to do to work off December's gluttony.

Not much else to report. I'm off to an 8:00 appointment at the optometrist, and then it's back to bed for me. By dose ad ears are all stubbed up.

Kib
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #52  

HI Ladies,

Merry christmas all!!!

mel - wow at the turducken, even bigger WOW on the eexcercise

kib - get well soon !

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #53  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Since I don't celebrate Christmas, you'd think food wouldn't be too big of an issue these days but of course that's not true!! I did survive all of the work functions and chocolates and baked goodies without too much damage. I've been off for a few days and I seem to struggle more at home than at work. All in all, I think I did okay food-wise - only one really bad meal...but it was so yummy!

Exercise has been, as I sort of thought it would be, non existent since I've been off. I'll be back tomorrow to the gym and should be back to normal next week. And I think, if I avoid the scale for just a couple of days, I should be able to meet my goal of not gaining weight in December.

Kib (love your new name by the way ) - Feel better soon. Enjoy your new Ipod. It's the secret to any cardio success I've had.

Back to work for me tomorrow.

elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #54  
Mel

Hallooooooo in there!
Anybody home?

Kib, hope you're feeling better. I still have chest gunk after 3 and a half weeks. Hope you get better sooner

I'm trying hard to get back to normal eating...trying! Being on vacation from work is really throwing my workout and eating schedule, not to mention WHAT I'm eating. Putting on a suit today to go into work for a few hours was a big wake up

Yesterday dd and I went skiing. We did a hard 7 hours with little rest (the weather was initially lousy so there were NO lift lines! Not only was I amazed that I could still ski, I wasn't sore this morning. We were really slamming our way down the black diamond slopes so I'm pretty astounded that I'm not hobbling today I think I was the oldest person other than one ski patrol guy I saw. There were quite few women my age and younger parked in the lodge with laptops, cocoa and books. I told dd (who is 25) to never become one of them...go out kicking and screaming with wrecked knees, but never just park your butt

(OK, black diamond slopes in Pennsylvania are really not that impressive)

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:35 AM   #55  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I'b here. I beel albost huban, bud I'b still sick. Uggh.

Glad I didn't spring for that guest membership at the commercial gym over the break -- by the time I'm better, my gym will be open again. Yay! And, boy, could I ever use it.

Kim / Kib

Last edited by kaw; 12-29-2007 at 07:35 AM.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote