Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #1  
Lovin' Zumba!

Exclamation Whole Wheat Krispy Kremes?!?!?!

I wonder what these can possibly taste like? Too bad they still used the original glaze on them.

Has anyone seen/tried these? Seems like a bit of an oxymoron, if you ask me!

I guess they launched on 2/19. The website just shows a picture, says "Only 180 calories!", and coming to participating stores.

We don't have a store here in Albany - one opened a couple years ago, but went belly up after just a year. This is definitely DD's territory here!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad I don't like donuts... crazy.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I don't know if this is truly a bad thing...I'm kind of happy about it. My diet philosophy is somewhere along the lines of "eat the best version of what you want that you can". If I -really- wanted a doughnut, I'd like that I could have one minus the nutritional vaccuum that is white flour, even if still does have the original glaze and white sugar. But its a calorie-controlled item that would probably still solve a doughnut craving, with an added bonus of some fiber.

Not an everyday item, obviously...hope people don't think "hey, my doughnut is healthy now!" and overindulge.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #4  
Mel

Krispy Kremes were one of the biggest disappointments of my life. I'd never even heard of them until I'd already given up sugar and white stuff, then the craze hit. There were no franchises near here, so we stopped at one at the end of the Northeast extension of the PA turnpike on a drive home from Cornell a few years ago. Filled with anticipation and drooling at the heady smells, I decided to splurge my high calorie meal for the week at KK. YUCK. I didn't like the first one. So of course, I assumed it must have been a freak and ordered a second. After 3 very mediocre but overly sweet different doughnuts, I was relieved to discover I really don't like Krispy Kremes! I'm not a big fan of Dunkin, either. Back when I could eat wheat, it was almost worth the drive to Ontario for Tim Horton's.

I can't imagine a WW doughnut would really be much of an improvement, but I guess I don't understand the lure of the doughnut.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #5  
ebe
noob

L.A. had a couple of really good doughnut places...I'm glad I don't live there anymore, it's easier to live without them from far away
But *if* I did decide to have a doughnut, I'd want a real freaking doughnut (read: absolutely terrible for you) I think.

The thing about doughnuts though is that it's so hit or miss, when they're fresh and hot they can be worth it, otherwise they can be kind of disappointing and I think a whole wheat one might fall into that category. But who knows, it could be tasty fiberiffic sugar high.
ebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Mel, were they hot ones, fresh off the line? I don't care for them cold, but the melty ones are pretty good, altho, I do prefer the real DD ones myself.

Donuts are my downfall. Icecream, crunchy things, no. Doughy chewy bagels & donuts......sign me up.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:19 AM   #7  
Mel

They were hot, Fran. Luckily doughnuts are not my downfall! I'd really be in trouble since I can't eat wheat products now!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #8  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I think their regular glazed doughnuts are 180 calories also. So, no calorie savings there but the whole wheat *may be* a little better for you
The thing about doughnuts is I can't stop at 1-I have to have at least 2.
There was an article in Consumer's Reports about the new Krispy Kreme cookies. They had almost 500 calories each So, that's 2 doughnuts.
I just need to stay away

ddc
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote