3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Just for Lapbanders #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/85112-just-lapbanders-4-a.html)

Leenie 06-12-2009 08:44 AM

:welcome: NJbipolarkub1978

Congrats on getting started with your liquid diet :bravo: the only suggestion I have is to follow your doctors instruction and remember its not forever. Its not easy but its well worth it. I believe by doing this your doctor is preparing you for surgery so think happy thoughts and a positive attitude will get you through this.

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!! BELIEVE :)

Leenie

njbipolarkub1978 06-16-2009 06:45 AM

Point of no return

:dizzy:Well folks - its offical I HAVE A DATE! Well, a date for surgery that is :) July 7th 2009 at 7:30am at Valley Hospital in NJ. Dr. Beth Schrope of Columbia Presbyterian Weight Loss Surgery will be doing the slicing and dicing. I am very exciting and nervous all at the same time.

NOW! for the issue of the pre-op diet! I was told to do the diet for 4 weeks (2 which were optional and recommended and 2 which are non neg.) Some days I do well, some I slip, Any advice for me? I mean if I cant even do this now, can I do it once I have the band in me. That scares me :( Well off to have a protein shake - God Bless! Albert

mklayne 07-09-2009 07:58 PM

I am working on having lapband surgery in about 6 months and I have to lose some weight first to proof to my insurance I can do this and I want to do this. I told my family and they are all supportive of me.:carrot:

Leenie 07-10-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mklayne (Post 2820541)
I am working on having lapband surgery in about 6 months and I have to lose some weight first to proof to my insurance I can do this and I want to do this. I told my family and they are all supportive of me.:carrot:

Fantastic !!

lizzy47 08-06-2009 10:27 AM

hi, im new on here, i had my band fitted 2 and half weeks ago, im on pureed foods at the moment, i went for my 2 week check, i was worried id damaged the band cos of the disscomfort i was in, getting better day by day!! dr said everything was fine! it is still uncomfortable at the port scar, it helps a lot looking on here....thanks jane

Leenie 08-06-2009 10:43 AM

Welcome to Band-Land Jane :welcome:

Glad your getting better day by day :) We are supposed to take it slow for the first 6 weeks so be gentle with yourself and don't exercise until the doctor says its ok. Heal inside first, the rest will come later.

Leenie

lizzy47 08-07-2009 09:41 AM

thanx leenie
ive been eating puree for 5 days now, ive been having 200gms per meal 3 times a day, ive been having half a weight watchers meal!! which i was advised to do by a dietision, but on another piece of paper it says i shoud have only 125gms per meal!!!!!!!!!, i havnt felt sick or anything, hope that doesnt meen ive stretched it....lol!! ive got 4 stone to lose, ive lost 1 stone, so im happy with that, its still hard work cooking for the family, looking foreward to eating proper food!! ive picked up a few tips from here, its put my mind at rest.............thanx again......jane

Leenie 08-08-2009 11:49 AM

Hi Jane,

At this point because you have no fills, you have not stretched the pouch (you are swollen inside) ...the better you feel the more you'll be able to eat so don't worry. Just remember the band does not work unless you have restriction (fills) After my surgery (8 weeks) I could eat a huge amount (I was losing) and my doctor reminded me that I had no fill so yes, I could eat like before surgery. Once I started going for my fills.. thats when I was eating less and less. But remember it can take several fills before you are at that point. Slow is good !!!

Congrats on the 1 stone loss.. yeah YOU !!!

lizzy47 08-08-2009 01:58 PM

hi leenie
thanx for that, ive got to go for my 1st fill in 3 weeks monday coming, i can feel myself feeling more hungry as my stomach is getting better!! im looking forward to get started, i feel im just prepairing for the band to work...thanx again!! x

lizzy47 08-13-2009 02:56 AM

hi leenie
im having my 1st fill in 3 wks, i cant imagin wot it feels like!! lol, does it hurt?? i cant wait realy! im begining to feel hungry now im coming to the end of my 2wk pureed food, so its hard work at the minute, all this hard work and willpower will pay off!!...the dietision seems to think that i am imagining the fact that i feel hungry, its all in the mind, that is probably right!!haha! xx

Leenie 08-14-2009 10:10 AM

Hi Jane,

Are you having the fill done under fluro? thats the machine that can locate your port. I did not have it done under fluro, my doc just felt around and got it w/no problem. IMHO it does not hurt, its a strange feeling but to me, it doesn't hurt.. and I'm a baby. They can give you something to numb the area but to me it doesn't make sense.. that needle will prob hurt more LOL. If your doc is experienced then you should have 0 problems.

You may not notice any difference the first few fills with the amount of food you are eating... it takes time to get the right amount so don't panic, it'll happen. After a fill your doctor will probably want you to be on a liquid diet for a day.. then go reallly slow when you start to eat b/c you'll need to test out the new fill. I think I felt a difference after my 3rd fill. Also it depends on the size of the band you have.. the bigger band the more they will fill it. Some people have a 4cc (me) and some have either 10 or 11 cc. My doc would only fill it .25 cc per visit... every doc is different btw.

Right now, don't worry about weight loss, just concentrate on healing inside, so if your hungry, eat.

Let us know how you make out.. ok.

lizzy47 08-15-2009 11:03 AM

hi leenie
i havnt got a clue wot he will do, i didnt ask!! lol, ive got a needle thing he gave me to bring with me, i think he will probably feel for it...ill let you know how i get on, i am getting a bit hungry now but im managing to keep to a diet!, my stomach is a lot better now i can wear jeans again..take care jane

lizzy47 08-20-2009 02:16 AM

hi all
somthing awfull happened lst nite!! lol, i ate some pork from a rib, it got stuck somewhere, i couldnt drink anything, it realy hurt!! this went on for about 1 hour, i was sick a few times and the meat came up with white foam, gradualy it eased off..is this normal, i think i may have swallowed it to quik, i wont be doing that again, in a hurry!!! hope someone can enlighten me....thanx :-)

Leenie 08-20-2009 10:05 AM

Yes, that is normal. Its called getting "STUCK." Best thing to do is take baby spoon bites and chew chew chew chew. Eat as slow as you can and make sure when your ready to swallow your food its mush.

I think the first time I got stuck was about 2 years after surgery, I was so afraid that I made sure everything was like babyfood before I swallowed it.

Be careful with meats and breads...they can be the toughest. Also give yourself time inbetween bites to make sure your not overloading yourself. What ever you do, do not drink with your meals or right after, give yourself an hour after you eat and then drink. If I drink with my meals or right after... yowzers.... its not pretty LOL.

Its really not as bad as it sounds, you just need to learn what you can tollerate and what you can't.

Hang in there !! :hug:

lizzy47 08-21-2009 02:52 AM

yeh ive learnt that it takes time to know what you can eat and how to eat it, i havnt told many people ive had it done so its a bit awkward, most just think im on a diet, wich is nothing unusuall!!...like you said, since the meat got stuck ive made sure its well chewed like mush, ive learnt the hard way, it was horrible, lol.
thanx for your reasurance, im enjoying doing it and i feel so much better for having it done, im going on holiday to thailand in 4 wks!! that should be fun, i havnt done rice or pastas yet!!! hehe!!
thanx again