Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #31  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Thanks Jiffy and you are right. It is just so irritating to me when people try to be so negative instead of trying to see the positive side. I know there are negative aspects of the WLS too. But in the end, its me who has to live with my decision.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #32  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ohhhh I've encountered a fair bit of it. One of my best friend's Mom is a dietician and she can't understand why I'd want to do this (she's also superbuff and athletic) since she's not living here right now I'm not going to tell her untill afterwards every other time I looked at Drs she and her mom took the pulpit and I don't have time for that.
My PT keeps asking me why I have to do this. and the best line what if you go out somehwere and you want to EAT. I think he was of the school of the easy way out. However I said to him It's a tool you have 2 years to find a healthy way for you to eat and if you don't you gain. .

Lastly I have the friend who is a heavy woman and can't have it right now (there is a waiting list in Canada) so I get the jealous jabs. . . "Well I'm doing it the old fashioned way yadda yadda"
I learned yesterday not to discuss my concerns with the non supportive peeps
it's your life and your body and your decision. No one elses I suggest offering them a roll of duct tape for their mouths!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Thanks KO and your so right. Its my body, my life and my decision. I just have an extremely hard time losing. I know I can do better with my eating and exercising, but its like riding a bike uphill backwards to lose anything. It just gets so frustrating. But I still want to give it more effort on my own part while at the same time researching more into the surgery too.

you ladies are great!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote