Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #1  
I'm under tall!!!

Default My update 2-18-06

Ok, here goes........
I everything done, all tests, all bloodwork, everything!! I have one more pre-op class and I will have completed the required 8 classes. I have the money coming to pay for everything. It isn't here yet, but it will be by the end of the month. Then I can finally see a surgeon and get a date!!!! I have not heard anything concerning insurance wanting me on a six month diet plan. So I am praying that no news is good news!! But our class this coming week is with the lady who handles all that jazz. So I will be able to talk to her then.

I am now down 24 lbs of the 18 to 35 the bariatric doc wanted me to lose before surgery!!
I have never been so proud of myself for sticking with this. I feel wonderful!!!!

WAHOOOOOO, I am getting so close I can taste it and it tastes better than the biggest hot fudge sundae imaginable!!
TammyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:23 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

hey tammy, good for you, corossing fingers it all goes acording to plan for you, and excellent job on the weight loss!
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #3  

TammyLynn, you're just awesome! Congratulations. I remember once upon a time you told Indi she is your idol. I say you've filled your own shoes and then some.

And I loved reading your update. Your sense of pride and determination is infectious.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

tammy darlin - you're showing all the signs of success here!!! the sticking to it, the learning, the enthusiasm, the determination...

you're gonna make it!!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #5  
I'm under tall!!!

Oh thank you so much!! For as many times as I have failed at different things, not just dieting, I could not be more happy with my progress. I was just telling DH, there is no way any of them can say I have not done exactly what was asked of me. Yes, I have felt like I was jumping through hoops, but if you want something bad enough, you will do whatever it takes to see your dreams come true.
This has been a long time coming, and am soooo ready!!
TammyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #6  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

Hey, Tammy...sorry, haven't been on much but just wanted to let you know I'm thrilled for you! Any more news?
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #7  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Tammy, I understand what you mean about jumping through hoops. I felt that way at times too, but was excited into the surgery & although a little loopy (my hubby tells me) after, I was eager to begin the rest of my life & do all that was asked of me.
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote