Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #1  
Donna B.

Default weight loss surgery

So I'm in the process of of getting approval for weight loss surgery. My primary and the surgeon have both signed off. This is the answer to my weight issues? Why am I so scared???
Donna B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 312/288/165

Height: 5'4"

Hi Donna,

I know just how you feel. I am going through the same thing. My surgeon and primary are on board with me, I am just waiting for approval and hope to be scheduled for surgery sometime in January.

I often wonder if this is the right thing to do and then I think about all the other diets I have tried. Other times, I know in my heart that this is probably the best thing for me but I am still scared. I also know that I want to be around to run and play with my kids and not just sit and watch.

The only thing I can come up is because of the unknown. We fear the things we can't control, like the surgery itself. We can do all the research but that does little for the nerves. With all the new reports that come out, they add to the unknown.

Even though I am new to this sight I have noticed that these ladies offer a great deal of knowledge and support because most of them have already done what we are preparing to do.
debo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

why are you so scared???? because it's NORMAL to be scared - it's surgery - and you know that you're in for a lot of changes. and, like debo said, it's completely unknown.

it takes a lot of courage and determination to lose weight permanently, no matter which route you choose. but this is a major huge big decision with life-long consequences.

soooooo, breathe, darlin. research and ask questions. control your eating now, before the surgery. and we're with you - every step of the way...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:49 PM   #4  
Donna B.

Default Thank you

Thank you for your support ladies. I also joined WW yesterday....again. Because I'm trying to take a few pounds off pre-op.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:54 AM   #5  
gbo

I too am waiting for a surgery date. I spent well over a year of research before making a move to get this surgery. I know well the dangers, possible complications and so on... I am not afraid but it is perfectly normal to be afraid there is so much involved and God knows it is indeed major surgery! No one with any sense likes pain and we all know the first couple of weeks can be a challenge. That is no fun to look forward to so don't be hard on yourself. It is ok to be scared and quite normal. I am quite peaceful about it( Of course whether or not I have sense is up for debate! LOL ) but you can bet the day will come come when I will ask you all...."What was I Thinking!" Most do and I am sure I will be no exception but later, I will Thank God I did have it done. You will be in my prayers as you go for your surgery..hang in there but by all means do question and be sure it is what you want.
We are all here to support you .Best of luck
Pam
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 12:00 PM   #6  
Donna B.

Well I wish you the best with your surgery too! I have done the research, and I know that this will be a positive step for me. I guess I'm nervous about how people will treat me once I shed the weight, post-op complications, the whole 9 yards.

I'm going to think positive. And I'll keep you posted