3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   A Poll for Post Ops (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/65509-poll-post-ops.html)

mrs bumble 07-23-2013 05:20 AM

I put best thing ever although my lapband has malfunctioned and I regained the weight lost I still cant wait for my bypass to be done so I get that life of being a\ble to move run sit in any chair reach my feet easily back again

hatetodiet 02-26-2014 01:38 PM

Hi I'm new here. I had WLS in 2003, lost about 100lbs, but after time starting gaining some back. Now, trying to loose about 23lbs I've gained. Trying the Wonderslim diet program, hard for me to stick to a diet, that's why I ended up having surgery. One regret I have is not listening to the Dr. regarding the food choices, I ate whatever I wanted and for years didn't gain, but it's catching up to me now.

ambytes 04-24-2015 01:44 PM

after surgery

I'm new and just had the sleeve done, and I am very happy so far. between my 2 week pre op diet and now. I have lost 31 pounds. I drink Premier Protein shakes twice a day with a creamy soup for lunch, and drinkable yogurt for snacks. I am not tire, or hungry, and best of all no cravings. I do admit when my hubby fixes dinner for him and my daughter it smells good, but I don't hunger for it. I have no had any bad side effect, Thank God! Next week I start on soft foods, and wonder, is it when you start back to eating regular food when you start having problems? Or did some of you have it right away?

gonzostar 09-08-2015 05:35 PM

I voted "Managing eating and exercise is still a challenge, but I'm learning" -- but I also am SO GLAD I DID IT, and would do it again a thousand times over! It's not "better than I ever thought possible", because, damn, I still have to make good choices. But it is still REALLY great.

Cristyna 03-22-2016 02:31 PM

Thank you for posting this. Never thought about the surgery as a serious thing and I doubt that I would ever do it. But thanks to you, at least, I would read a bit about it.

charliefan 07-26-2016 10:41 PM

After fighting my weight for 45 years, having weighed over 200 lbs. in high school, I finally had the sleeve done in Mexico on 3/11/16. I'm so happy I had it done. It's not been easy and has been a learning process, but I believe this is going to make the rest of my life much easier and healthier. The surgery has been the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Surgery date: 3/11/16
Surgery weight: 334 lbs.
Current weight: 256 lbs.
Goal weight: 210 lbs.

Oh_Canada 09-09-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haziefrog (Post 1052129)
I feel normal, but that doesn't mean that weight control is easy

Boy does that sum it up, it is a daily battle. It is all about making the correct choices, and sometimes I am not so good at doing that :o .

wtg on the loss...hope you are still maintaining it :carrot:

MargaretRodriguez 11-02-2018 08:45 AM

After surgery, I saw so many people got more complications, which I think is regrettable.

zlinky 11-30-2018 06:23 PM

uhm

smithjocob 03-06-2019 05:35 AM

To increase weight, it is easy and to decrease weight, it is the most toughest job on earth.

angelfadedblue 05-21-2019 04:40 PM

Post Opp- 10 years RNY

SO I guess I am about 10 years out now, and overall, certainly the best decision ever! Do I love my flabby skin and rolls left over? Nope, its not cool at all. Would I rather have flabs and rolls than be 300lbs again, absolutely! I can hide flab for the most part.

One thing I struggle with is mentally watching my eating. After about 4 years or so I had to start watching my diet more so I didn't gain the weight back since I was eating more. I can now eat almost a normal size portion (by normal I don't mean USA standards), but I also find myself grazing throughout the day at my desk and drinking while I eat so I just keep grazing. So I do switch over to kewto/low carb usually 2 times a year for a month or 2 to keep my weight in check. I started at 300 and lowest was at 168, but my goal weight is probably around 175. I seem to keep gaining up to 210 and then I diet again and then loose down to 180ish. so I battle with the same 30lbs.

alwies 10-26-2020 02:26 PM

The after-effects of the surgery are always the toughest. The important part is to follow a diet. But what diet to follow? I am currently on a ketogenic diet. I feel more healthier now.Good luck with the way forward.

DiDi055 03-07-2022 05:27 AM

After surgery ..

Hello,

I would say that it is a decision that I do not regret at all. On the contrary, but food and sport remain daily challenges.

Nabel

DiDi055 03-07-2022 05:31 AM

After surgery...

And you, do you have regret ?

ChristopherSims 03-27-2024 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiffypop (Post 967853)
thought this would be interesting - a look at what we really think about life after surgery

2011 update: please feel free to add comments about how you're coping. HOWEVER, some comments have been requests for help and advice, and several people have posted introductions, and these types of comments are getting lost. I move them into the main forum when I see them, but as we all know, I'm not perfect!

So, if you have questions, need some help, or want to introduce yourself, please post in the main forum so that you don't get lost!

I feel normal, but that doesn't mean that weight control is easy