Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #1  

Default Anyone tried acupuncture here?

I know you all have tried everything so I was figuring I would ask. My aunt and uncle got acupuncture for smoking and they both have not smoked in 6 months. My uncle had been smoking for 30 years-so I was quit impressed. The same lady offers a weight loss acupuncture. What do y'all think-have you tried it? And how long ago did you try it? Thanks!!
tfarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:10 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

darlin - you ARE trying everything possible, i can tell!!!!

acupuncture was one thing i didn't try. i'd seen too may failures, especially with people who had a lot to lose. the few people i've seen any relationship with weight loss had only a few - like 10-20 - pounds to lose, so i'm not sure if it really worked.

sure hope someone else chimes in with some real experience!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/180/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi tfarah,

the parts of your brain that cause you to have a hard time quitting smoking involves addiction. The part of our brains/bodies that involes over eating involves normal body function control, including hunger. They are two completely seperate and distinct areas. I've tried accupuncture and it did nothing for my weight. Depending on why you gained weight also plays a huge part in how this can work for you. Metabolic disorders, medical conditions and medicines that can cause weight gain don't adhere to any rules our bodies normally dictate. It becomes a different ball game, and all rules are null and void, for the most part. Accupuncture has the possibilities to reduce cravings, depending on the person. But if your weight gain is based on a metabolic disorder or any kind of medical condition that can cause weight gain, it's not liklely that it will help.
original_serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:26 PM   #4  

Default Thank you!

Y'all are so cool. I think its so nice that you keep coming everyday and supporting everyone. I hope I am just like y'all after my surgery(I've come here everyday and I haven't even had it yet) I do want to try everything-but the accupuncture was a long shot. Not one I'm willing to pay for as of yet. I have my appt with the new doctor who is doing the lapriscopic precedure on the 13th. I have already done everything because of the last time I pulled out-so all he had to give me is a date. But I'm ready-just exploring in the mean time. Thanks ladies!!
tfarah is offline   Reply With Quote