Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-23-2005, 12:53 PM   #1  

Default Do you still have to keep up all the meds, etc. a year later?

My question if for everyone who is atleast a year or more post-op. Do you still have to keep up the vitamins and the protien, etc when you are that far post-op? I was just curious. Am I going to be running around with a notepad a year from now keeping track of what I have eaten or not eaten? I won't go back to eating bad, that's not what I'm worried about, its the keeping track of all the protiens and calories and pills. Just thought I'de ask. At what time do you get to stop worrying about complications like ulcers, leaks, blockage, etc? Thanks everyone!
tfarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:22 PM   #2  

The first year was the hardest in regards to keeping track of protein, water, etc. After the first year, it all became sort of second nature.

With supplements (vitamins) I still have to take them and always will. But I don't feel like it is a burden, really. After you do something for a while, it becomes a habit and you just sort of do it without thinking about it.
Juliesday is offline   Reply With Quote