3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Surgery

Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Tell me what you can

Old 05-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #1

Default Tell me what you can

I am seriously considering WLS.... I am 245 lbs and 5'5.5 ... I have gained over 100 lbs over the course of 3 years and i have tried everything and been tested for everything... all results come back negative. Right now Im at the point where i am winded from walking up a flight of stairs.... i really want to talk to someone whos had it before talking to my dr. so that i can be more informed going into the office. Im wondering about the process... what needs to be done before the surgery happens? Is it a long process? What can I expect? Please let me know.
Thankyou so much!
Old 05-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
WW Moderator

Hi Channon, it varies depending on where you live, but you'll be looking at a 6-12 month process in most cases. My best advice to you in learning the process is to read the threads here in WLS and learn from experiences. We'll have some FAQ's before long, but for now that is the best way to learn, because it is a very broad subject!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.