Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default He's finally banded....

Well after waiting for what seems like forever, my husband has finally been banded. We started this journey months ago and after stress tests, blood tests, and every thing else that goes with the process, he's back home and so far all is well. I was more nervous then he was....The procedure went like a charm, he feels great and is looking foward to a new lease on life. When we got the approval from the insurance co. ( only took a few days) I was sooo very happy for him, I teared up alittle. He has wanted this done for so long and now he can start losing weight and enjoying life the way its meant to be enjoyed. I've been lurking on this board for a long time, gathering as much info as I can and you all posted such great info that really came in handy and I learned much from all of you. I stocked up on all the necessary foods, drinks, vitamins that he'll be needing for the next couple of weeks. Our fridge is filled with everything he needs, and it seems he's got more stuff in there then regular food. But, I'm glad its over and very, very happy for him. Thanks for all your helpful information and I'll be coming back daily for more....
dg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:12 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

congrats for both you and your hubby!!! you sound like a great team. so now it's YOUR turn to share the good, the bad, and the ugly, and to keep us posted on what's working and what's not. besides, the divine miss chickadeedee needs a band-friend around here...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:51 AM   #3  

Tell him congratulations on entering Bandlandia! I love my band and hope he will too. I assume he's on liquids at this point, but tell him when he moves to real food just to take it easy and listen to what his body is telling him. It's such a learning process. Also, keep reinforcing to him that until he gets proper restriction, the band probably won't do too much for him - so be very, very patient. IT WILL WORK!

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:49 PM   #4  

What a great support you are for your husband! With you by his side, he will have a much easier journey.
Chickita is offline   Reply With Quote