Hi All - I'm about two weeks out now :)
Yeah, long time no see....my computer died and then I had to get everything in order for the surg. I'm glad I came back here to check out what' s going on in the forum. Answered some of the questions I had but I still have more....lol.
Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong:
1. I'm tired but I can't sleep for more than 5 hours without waking up feeling weird. Getting in some protein usually solves the problem. I've also woken up really thirsty. I'm trying to get in all the water but I'm having trouble with it.
2. How much protein is too much? I bought a bunch of samples and I've found that physically I can tolerate them all. Can't say that I could deal with the taste. Some of the shakes are 30 or so grams of protein. I know that we can only absorb that much in one sitting but how many shakes do I do a day? My doc says to get in between 60 -80. Two shakes and I'm done....
3. I try and supplement with low carb yogurt and ricotta cheese. Yeah, I know that ricotta isn't on the phase one diet but it helps me deal with the protein. Kind of a treat - quarter of a cup with a scope of protein and a spoon of sauce, heated. Runs about 12 gr protein if I"m right. Just have to be careful to spit out the onions from the sauce.
4. I haven't been out walking. I'm afraid to go out alone, get weak, and then what happens? Yeah, dumb excuse. I've been trying to do chores around the house and be active instead. Just tire so easily. I take about two one-two hour naps a day.
5. I can't help thinking that the chewable vitamins aren't enough. That maybe I'm tired because I don't have enough vits coming in. I bought some expensive vits that are capsules but the nutritionist in the hospital freaked out at the thought. I bought the chewable calcium, citrate, but the 8 a day thing was killing me...ordered some powdered stuff to mix with my shakes.
The incision site burns every so often but I can usually deal with it. On the plus side, since the surg was done my back hasn't bothered me at all. Granted, I'm not doing a **** of a lot but can't remember the last time I've been this long without back pain.
As always, any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Nice to see Jiffy, Pookie, AgeOldie, and others are still around.
P.S. I've down about 21 lbs as of today. I was averaging a two lb loss per day up until this week.