Just for DS'ers #1

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • MsBatt's post was the one that tipped the scale, so to speak. As much as we love Dawnajoy, there's never been enough call for DS issues, until now.

soooo, all of you who have had it, are considering it, know something about it, this place is all yours!!!

and don't hesitate to jump in anywhere else as well or start up any other threads... we're really all in this together with only slight variations on what works and what doesn't.

glad to see so many of you!!!!!
  • Hey. I'm a DSer... anyone else here?
  • It's great to see another DSer here. I am 4+ years out from my DS and couldn't be happier.

dawna
  • Hey Dawna! Nice to see you too!
  • DS whats that?
  • Rea,
    The DS is a type of weight loss surgery. A very effective surgery. You might try googling duodenal switch. There is a great site for information on it but I'm not allowed to post the url here.
  • DSer here too... I'll be three years in august!

HI laurie!!
  • Hey guys!

This duedonel switch sounds familiar. I will look it up.

Hi Jiff, it's been a really long time. You were so helpful when I had questions about WLS. Still haven't gone for it. But the situation(health wise isn't improving) So I decided to come back to this WLS forum and start looking into options again. I don't know if it's even an option insurance wise.
    Hope all is well with you.

Take care,
    DonnaD
  • I'm a dser too. A BPD-DS... is that the same thing?
  • I am new to this site, but I am a DS'er as well. I had my surgery about 6 weeks ago and am doing great!
  • I feel very pround for all those people who did the weight loss surgery. You guys are very brave.
  • very personal questions so feel free not to answer....
    did anyone selfpay?
    how long is your common channel?
    how many ounces was your stomach?
    did you travel out of country for the surgery?
  • No posts here in over a year, eh? I'll change that!

I'm considering (well, more than considering--hoping for) DS. I am attending 2 information sessions early next month to compare 2 surgeons/practices. I have to start my 6 months supervised diet as soon as, well, my insurance verifies that it is a requirement
  • Good luck Jill
  • Hi all,

It's been forever since I've posted here. I really miss this place. I don't know why, but I get so many popups here that nothing seems to block, it just drives me crazy.

I just had my 7 year postop checkup at USC and all seems to be well. Won't get my lab results back for a few weeks, but last years' were fine and they aren't expecting any issues.

I will try to check back more often, and maybe check with site admin about the popups.

Dawna