Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-20-2004, 10:00 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default Request for help..........really OT

Do you watch American Idol? If you do you know who Diana DeGarmo is.

Well, Diana lives in our neighborhood and goes to school with my daughter. Diana is a Junior, my daughter a Senior.

Which brings me to my request for help....................

American Idol the final singing portion of the show is next Tuesday. Next Tuesday is also graduation from Shiloh (Diana and my daughter's high school.) We will graduate over 560ish senions that evening. Many, many of these kids spend two hours voting for Diana every Tuesday night.

Would you please, if you are a Diana fan and plan to vote for her..........vote a few extra times to pick up the slack for the kids who will not be able to get to their phones???

I know this is silly, but we in Snellville take this very seriously.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!
debkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #2  

Boy, am I addicted to that show, Debbie! I have been voting all along for Diana. I don't start voting until an hour after the show and usually get in two or one time,three votes (that time made me nervous to get through). I thought I would sit next week out since I really like Fantasia too but for you I'll do it.

Diana just seems like a really sweet thing and she has that BIG VOICE! Really BIG voice. She is just adorable and has taken alot of guff with grace.

But I will admit that I really really like Fantasia too. I love her voice, it is different than the regular howlers and screachers. She cracks me up and I like the way she cries at the drop of a hat....reminds me of someone I know! (me)

I hope the graduates manage to get their phone calls in!

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:01 PM   #3  

Rumour has it that voting will be extended to four hours next week. Good luck to Diana, I hope she wins.
Hey Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:05 PM   #4  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

I really hope Diana wins, she has been my favorite since the beginning. Unfortunately, I can never get through, I don't think people in Canada can. Hey Jude, I see you are from Canada, were you ever able to get through? I always get the same message that my call cannot be completed as dialed. She would definitely have my vote if I could.
ozziesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:02 AM   #5  

Ozziesgirl,

No, us poor deprived Canadians can't vote. I guess that is why they call it American Idol. That didn't stop me from scheming last year to try to figure out a way to phone via the internet because I was such a huge Clay fan. Never did get it to work though.

BTW, wasn't Canadian Idol lame last year?
Hey Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 07:04 PM   #6  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Yes it was horrible. I can't believe the good singers people voted off. I liked one girl, I think her name was Toya, I am *guessing* Anyways I hope this year is better because I KNOW we have talent.

I guess if Canadians voted too, it would overflow the phone lines. I wonder if we figure into their ratings because guaranteed we would be a big number.
ozziesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote