Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-12-2004, 05:02 PM   #1  
Dying to have WLS!

Thumbs up My insurance appeal was sent yesterday!

Hello everyone! I don't know if you remember my intro post that I've been fighting my insurance company for approval for WLS for over a year. I finally hired an attorney who expects a good outcome and the official appeal was sent yesterday. I'm not sure how long it will take for the insurance company to reply but I think they don't have long with an appeal. My attorney told me that my insurance company is notorious for denying EVERYONE right off the bat and making people fight for it knowing that most don't. He said don't be surprised if the first appeal is denied too because they are known for that too. So I still have a bit to go on the appeal process but at least the ball is rolling now.
Its a shame that people who deserve this surgery are put through the ringer like this. I started this journey in Jan of '03 and had my first consult in 3/03 and the rest has been dealing with insurance's ever-changing criteria.
So, my fingers are crossed and I'm anxiously waiting. My attorney requested an expedited 72hr turnaround but knowing my ins co, I doubt that will happen. So we'll see. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!! I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!
Mom2Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #2  

Hi DeeJay
Can you tell us the name of your insurance company? Good luck on your appeal!
Ditzy Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:40 PM   #3  
Dying to have WLS!

I have Cigna. They are awful!
Mom2Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:29 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

deejay... here's hoping for a fast YES and WE'RE SORRY THAT WE PUT YOU THROUGH ALL THIS. yeah right. but they can at least say YES!!!

how are those beautiful babies of yours????
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote