Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Default CHAT: Sun 3/14 -- Fri 3/19

:

Last edited by POOKIE88; 06-14-2007 at 11:24 PM.
POOKIE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 05:46 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh pookie.. so glad youi're back!!! now, remind me... when is your surgery??? most docs who do this protein shake fast before surgery don't normally make their patients do it for 6 months... maybe a month or two at the most. we don't want you to suffer!!!!!

i've been cleaning out my house in preparation for renting it out, and yesterday was going through the clothes. all sizes.. from about a 12 to 6 x... and i couldn't believe the 6x's... oh my!!!! i know i'm no longer that big, but i don't want to give them up!!!!

the 12s won't fit until after plastic surgery [you know, that still unscheduled PLAN that i have!!!!]

am feeling somewhat better.. will try to write more later...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:01 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

pookie... is your surgery approved yet? i'm only concerned because if you show a big weight loss beforehand, it might be harder to get approved. you're really in quite a fix, here. you know that losing some weight beforehand is a good idea because of your experiences, yet if you lose too much, the insurance company may think you can actually lose weight on your own and you risk not getting approved.

when do you see the surgeon??? talk to him about this... you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot...
Old 03-16-2004, 07:51 PM   #4  

Evening Chickies!!!!

I have to make this quick, cause american idol is coming on and I HAVE to watch it.

Went to the cardiologist today. I got the feeling from him that he really would like to do that surgical procedure to burn out the super ventriculated electrical glip that I have. Kind of took me by surprise and needless to say I don't think he is nearly as cute as he used to be. I will be continuing on the meds and will see him again in september and I guess we will discuss it more then. OH!!! and he wants me to get down to 140...now I REALLY think that he is not only NOT cute...he is down right ugly. I told him that I would be pretty darn crabby at that weight and he kind of shrugged and snickered and said, "you can be a healthy crab!" WHO PICKED THIS GUY??????

sheesh

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:33 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

your FATHER picked him!!!!!! and frankly, my dear, you're NOT crabby at that weight. you're downright B_Y!!!!!

shall we wish huge zits on his face for him???? warts???? what else would you like? maybe we could make his face into a dartboard for you...

your loving not-jiff sister...
Old 03-17-2004, 01:59 PM   #6  

Hello My Friends,

Pookie - Keep posting about protein drinks. I am needing some too and like hearing what people have to say about different brands. I went to a Vitamin Cottage store yesterday and got so confused I left without anything. I have a list that the doctor recommends though, so next time I'll bring it in with me so I'm not so lost.

Jiff (or not-Jiff, as you would like us to believe!) - I can't imagine our sweet Peach ever, ever being b****y! I'm sure you're imagining it. I would say more nice stuff about her, but it's baseball season and I can't stand those stinkin' Yankees, so that's all the sweet fuzzy girl gets from me!

Peachiekeen-o - 140? Yikes! I'm not sure how much you weigh now, but I don't see that I'll ever be 140 again - 150 maybe. But, Fuzzy one, if you really need that procedure you'd probably better bite the bullet and just do it. We would like you around for a long time! So, with that said, who's your favorite idol contestant? I couldn't tell you why, but I love that red headed kid. I think he's adorable in an Opie kind of way.

I went to a 5-hour long nutrition class yesterday. They gave us a 3" binder packed with all kinds of info on the surgery and what we will be eating afterwards. There's so much information in there that it's a bit mind boggling. I really liked the woman who did the class. She's the surgeon's wife and a nurse too, so she really knows her stuff. There were five of us in the class and it seemed like everyone felt comfortable and asked lots and lots of questions. I'm feeling very good about my choice of docs. On the 29th I have another class to go to called "Embracing Change". I like how prepared they want us to be. Informed is good!

Later gators,
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:14 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Crabby? Bit@&y

I'm just impressed that either one of you remember what it was like to be at 140!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:42 PM   #8  

Barb! you crack me up!

Pooky! You are doing a smart thing getting in the best possible shape you can before your surgery!!!! WTG!!! and yes, Jiff and I were talking about you the other day and wondering where you were....it is good to see you back and active on the board. For the record on the adoption issue I am remembering this whole thing vividly now. As I recall, Patty Hearst is my REAL sister and William Randolph is going to bestow (?) upon me gazzillions....it is all a matter of time!

Chickadee, it sounds like you are in terrific hands...bet their are Yankee fans among them!!!! Seriously, let us know about the Embracing Change thing. I have trouble with change. I mean, why do I fight coming out of my cacoon?

I must admit that the heart thing has me quite wigged out. I mean I had the wls surgery to improve my health and to hopefully lead a healthy and productive active life so why would this be any different? I'll tell you why....because it is on the heart and to me that sounds ICKY!!!! I have months to think about it so I think I'll just tuck the whole thing in a compartment!

American Idol! Geeze...I liked them all except the one that Simon trashed. Is that Leah? Loved the crooner...but I am a sucker for them. Fantasia blows me away and George is just so darn cute he makes me weep...I just want to hug him and wipe his mouth! The football player....Matt (?) gets on my nerves with his attitude. Hmmmmm John Peter...whoever cracks me up! But when that little cute as a button Diana comes out my mouth just drops open and I think....where is that BIG BIG voice coming out of that little girl....(bet SHE weighs less than 140 pounds!!!!!)

I like them all...really. If one comes out in pinstripes...I'll like them best!!!

peach
Old 03-17-2004, 06:46 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop
your FATHER picked him!!!!!! and frankly, my dear, you're NOT crabby at that weight. you're downright B_Y!!!!!

shall we wish huge zits on his face for him???? warts???? what else would you like? maybe we could make his face into a dartboard for you...

your loving not-jiff sister...
I thought that was very loving!!!!

Yes, zits and warts..

maybe his IS Daddy's revenge!!!

sheesh
Old 03-17-2004, 07:41 PM   #10  

Peachie, your HEART? Oh dear, "we" have to take care of that, you know I can only carry one ball (in my stomach) and one lump (in my throat) at a time. So, you want me to come SOUTH and beat up your ugly MD? 140# indeed!!!
stilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:52 PM   #11  

pookie- vitalady.com has samples you can buy before you invest in a big can that taste aweful. I like HDT 5 +1 dutch chocolate. Pro compex has the most nutrients and it's not to bad I like the chocolate. Any whey protein is tasteless and you can add it to prepared foods. Hope that helps. BTW should you be doing just protein before wls, don't want your body going is starvation mode. I lost 30 lbs since jan 3 with South beach diet ate plenty of foor I just followed phase 1 for 3 months. It worked for me but if it wasn't knowing that I had a date, I would of fell of the turnip truck again.
Karen

Last edited by smtown; 03-17-2004 at 07:57 PM.
smtown is offline   Reply With Quote